Non-magickal way to improve confidence, self-love

Hi, I’m curious, what do you use to rise your self-confidence? How you work on it by yourself? What do you bring to that improve?

I know, working with Belial helps, but he can’t do everything, it is not from hour to hour. I tried afirmations and it suck… Belial helps me lot (helped me with depression, and really bad period in last year), but I want go torward to this change. I want he see my own improvement.

I have a problem with seeing myself subjectively bad and feeling like I will be abandoned. And it sucks… :smiley: Because it is not rational.

2 Likes

I use affirmations to maintain a good healthy mindset. Working with feminine energy can be very healing as well .
Rituals to Aphrodite, lilith and her sisters would be my go to’s for mental changes
Along side king paimon to teach about the mind while you work on some healing

1 Like

I suppose that you are seeing other people with similar issues more objectively? Like, you understand how they got there and that there are several reasons why they deserve love and kindness from others and themselves?

Try to treat yourself like you would treat these people, then. With the same understanding and empathy and the same reasons why you deserve kindness. Its a good little exercise when the mind starts to slip into this “I am not worthy to be treated in a positive manner” spiral.

Edit:

Since you already know whats rational and whats not I would take the exercise a step further and dissect the rational and irrational aspects of - for example- the fear of abandonment.
What is irrational to it? That people will part ways with you all of a sudden because you are “bad”. That they will do it all the time because you’re “bad”. Thats highly unlikely :slight_smile:

What is rational to it? That sometimes ways do part and that we don’t always have control over other peoples (complex) reasonings. And that it feels scary to walk parts of our journey alone. This is all valid and rational. But its nothing we exert control over (unless we are creepy guru like persons with a control fetish.), no one does. Some people are meant to stay and some are not. The quality of how “good” you are has usually nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Take a step back from other people and do things that bring you joy, and/or, get into volunteering and help people. Either way do something that isn’t so focused on nontangible aspects of yourself and what others think of you, but what you can do practically.

First of all make sure your welfare is stable regardless of friends and family. That takes the pressure off and if these people decide to be weird about it it doesn’t matter except emotionally. That takes care of the risk factor to your survival and you can work on the emotional side separately.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe check this out with a therapist. Sometimes people in abusive situations blame themselves, as that’s what they’ve been told, but you actually are being gaslit and emotionally/verbally abused. Make certain you’re not actually right and get an objective opinion from someone with experience.

There’s a reason you have lost your self confidence. Kids are born with it and are taught to lose it. Find out how and why you lost yours. Facing that can help you uncouple that from general reality so it stops affecting you as much.

2 Likes

Working with feminine energy means what? It catch my attention :thinking:

Belial helps me a lot to get motivation do something with myself, and I don’t want him to get angry, when I will working with others - Occasionally I’m working with Lucifer, but it is not periodic.

Fuu, that sounds like long path for me :smiley:

I see myself really fatty, although I’m not. If someone around is more fattier then me, I think they looks nice, and I don’t have bad thoughts about them.

This will be hard… but I know, I need go forward.

I’m volunteering a lot, it is one thing what brings me feel of worthiness… But I generally have a problem with dopamine production… If I find something what makes me feel happy and good, I switch into mania or be addicted on it…

This was my first step, how I get rid of depression. Cut off toxic people, improve myself, but self-love is really hard and self-confidence? I still feel im not good enough… But I have split rational side of me and emotional and they don’t communicate together… :smiley:

I’m working on it, but it is slow…

I lost my confidence at elementary school, because of bullying (I was fattier then others), but although I had 50 kg in adulthood (and was really skiny), I felt fatty and ugly… And last 2 years was really bad for me, because I was trapped in toxic relationship, then I met even more toxic guy because of my self-hate he could to manipulate with me… Then Belial show me the path I’m now, I cleaned myself and I find really awesome guy, but the self esteem and self love is still hard…

3 Likes

Look into Neville Goddard’s Law of Assumption. See yourself as the person you want to be, and then do your best to feel that you are that person now. Persist in feeling that you are that person, and you will eventually be that person.

3 Likes

I’ll take a look at it… :slight_smile:

One thing that I have done is to look at myself in the mirro and look at myself with the eyes of an artist. That way, you naturally find things an qualities that you admire about yourself.

Telling myself that I am beautiful did alot for me. I went from being unable to look at myself in the mirror to getting horny when I look at myself in certain ways.

Self perception changes are the most challenging and most swiftly achieved with mirror work, in my experience.

I would also look out for the parts inside of yourself that benefit from your negative self image and ask them lovingly (or at the very least neutrally) why they have this perspective. They usually want to protect you from something that was critical to avoid in your childhood.

1 Like

Can you explain?

I can’t tell myself to the mirror I love myself, or I look beautiful, loud… I love the idea I get horny when I see myself… :smiley:

I tried now say something to self to the mirror but it seems kind of funny to me…

I think my insecurity is a lot connected with my elementary school and my last relationships took it out. But I can’t say exactly what it is… Maybe meditation can help?

Image you’re an artist and you look at a beautiful piece of art

Saying you can’t is the exact believe you need to overcome. Make ot an impossibility and stay where you at or find ways nevertheless and grow. This is not comfortable, you NEED to push yourself into doing what you believe you can’t if yoh want to grow

It’s usual that it seems funny at first. Keep going.

Imo sounds like you need therapy but in today’s world, pretty much everybody does. Even EA has a therapist.

I won’t advise you further cuz boundaries. I’ve did it this way and it took a year to go from self denail to “Gods I’m sexy”

Either you push through or you fail. I know you can do this, so give it all you’ve got :black_heart:

1 Like

There is a lot that can be done non magickally to improve self confidence. But I would suggest start simple. One of the simplest ways to start is actually postural.
Physical posture actually effects your biochemical system.

I suggest looking into the research of Dr Amy Cuddy on this subject.

For a brief taster, here is some basic practical advice she gives in a Tedtalk based on her research:
[Amy Cuddy: Your body language may shape who you are | TED Talk]
https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_may_shape_who_you_are?language=en)

The method is ridiculously simple, so much so that people often discount or forget to do it, but for those who actually remember to do it, it usually works wonders over time.

1 Like

I have to work on it, because otherwise I’m gonna go crazy. That recovery is insanely hard…

I will think about that. I wish it will works :heart:

She is cool. I will keep an eye on it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need to change my mindset from negative view of myself to positive view… I will exercise it and push myself hard.

I have therapist, also psychiatrist, because I’m bipolar baby :smiley:

Thank you so much for your kindness. :heart:

1 Like

Proud of you :slightly_smiling_face:

Application’s mutual :black_heart: