Never thought I'd do this, but here's my experience with...Archangel Michael

Interesting, when i speak to angels they have that same monotone type of responses, like, im here, youre here, so what? Whats going on?

I have only summoned Raphael, whom has healed about 3 times now. But its that same exact thing, with the pausing, etc…

6 Likes

Yeah that’s how this conversation felt. No emotion, nothing.

2 Likes

If you read APPLIED MAGIC by Dion Fortune, She speaks of the Angels. She does in fact mention that (and not paraphrasing here) that they are meant for 1 thing, and that is to serve something higher then themselves. They act like robots basically and do not have personality to them. What they are meant to do, is all they know and are straight as arrows.

9 Likes

I can hardly feel a presence when they enter the room. It’s so different

3 Likes

Not sure about serving something but I do think that they are bound by their own “programming,” as it were.

And, yes, I had the same experience! Hardly any presence was there.

4 Likes

Has to be programmed by something, no?

3 Likes

Idk I thought quite a bit about this. In a way, humans are programmed too (DNA information, genetic predispositions, etc), but I don’t think it was done by someone.

Something, yes. But that something is not something I relegate to a sentient being.

Who knows.

4 Likes

My primary reason is because in the lore, angels are always badass warriors who destroy entire cities and inspire fear in all they come in contact with.

And since I believe that entities do not exist outside of us, but are instead psychological projections of our conscious mind to our subconscious mind. Therefore, my subconscious beliefs about the superiority of angels increases my results of manifestation when I do evoke.

I have nothing against demonic entities or pagan deities, but it’s easier for me to run with my already established subconscious programming than reprogram my subconscious when I see no reason for that change at this current moment.

14 Likes

Oh hey I forgot to reply to ya. Thanks for the kind words, as always, man.

It’s one thing to knock down a program others ingrained into you.

Knocking down a program you yourself ingrained is a whole different animal.

But, I’ve done it.

3 Likes

Two words:

#Clean Slate

Which basically means that you start to know the spirit from scratch. Put all the myths and legends aside for a moment. Let it rest, and get to know the spirit by it’s core. This is not so scary for the magician, but it sure puts the guard down from the perspective of the spirit, since their powers is made from your perceptions of them. That doesn’t mean your clean slate makes them entirely powerless, but at least partially.

Wouldn’t it be nice for all these Kings, Queens, Dukes, Marquises, Presidents, Counts, Knights, Princes and Archangels to lay down the general outside expectations of them for a little while, to finally relax and be themselves with someone else for once? To finally release the burdens of their shoulders. To shed a tear of joy and relief?

The rewards from them could be payed by tenfold, by doing so. But, hey, that’s just my thoughts and how I treat my spirits.

23 Likes

Beautifully said. Bravo!

3 Likes

I recommend Magick Without Tears by Crowley, especially Ch. 58 Do Angels Even Cut Themselves Shaving?

Al

5 Likes

I like that they can show no emotion. Emotion blurs judgement and causes a lot of problems with humans, negative emotions that is (or overused/misused positive emotions)…an angel is above that nonsense. Sometimes they’re just all business as far as their dealings with us.

3 Likes

They were always the most silent in my rites, I see them as pretty indifferent. They liked me only because I liked them. They helped me summon Belial. They, the angels, do not care. They are certainly your friends.

6 Likes

I believe my exp. as the Angel of Lost Things was genuine because it caused so much crazy phenomena to occur, and I know being even slightly in that state (whilst still human in all ways that count) was like a massive opiate rush of pure and total bliss, harmony, acceptance of all things and LOVE for the topic of lost things.

It was hardcore, people think demonic possession rocks but that was beyond anything I experienced with gods, demons, other kinds of spirits thus far. :thinking:

5 Likes

Could you elaborate more on this? What do you mean when you say you were the Angel of lost things.

2 Likes

Sure, I pretty much logged it all here, regarding what could be useful to someone seeking a similar experience:

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree. Using a clean slate approach towards a spirit, can, and I emphasize on that word, CAN release all sorts of emotions from the perspective of the spirit. Sometimes to an extent that it’s too much “luggage” or burden released from their shoulders. I’m certain an angel has a lot of luggage on it’s shoulders, too. Would you dare to start a clean slate with an angel? It all depends on your perception.

Emotions only cause fallacy when logic and reason is out of the equation. Blend in some ethics and morality with your healthier compass of “right” and “wrong”, and the energy you release will not only be balanced, but also very powerful and controlled. Let go of the control if you wish to wreck havoc, instead. If you work with energies, emotions could be both a friend and an enemy.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say suprised but yeah if you are working with a spirit who is trying to test you its very valuable. They are going to have to make a individualized plan for you because they don’t have to put on a “show” based on your preconcieved notions about them

Wow i’ve actually heard these exact words. I’ve gotten to experience what its like from their side to hear what they hear. So much I command you to blah blah blah in the name of blah blah. And not all spirits are nice enough to call you out on your shit either. They are not slaves

3 Likes

Apparently, Archangel Michael is the same as Marutukku of the Necronomicon.

http://lovecraft.ru/texts/necro/simon_eng/names50.html

3 Likes