Never thought I'd do this, but here's my experience with...Archangel Michael

I recommend Magick Without Tears by Crowley, especially Ch. 58 Do Angels Even Cut Themselves Shaving?

Al

5 Likes

I like that they can show no emotion. Emotion blurs judgement and causes a lot of problems with humans, negative emotions that is (or overused/misused positive emotions)…an angel is above that nonsense. Sometimes they’re just all business as far as their dealings with us.

3 Likes

They were always the most silent in my rites, I see them as pretty indifferent. They liked me only because I liked them. They helped me summon Belial. They, the angels, do not care. They are certainly your friends.

6 Likes

I believe my exp. as the Angel of Lost Things was genuine because it caused so much crazy phenomena to occur, and I know being even slightly in that state (whilst still human in all ways that count) was like a massive opiate rush of pure and total bliss, harmony, acceptance of all things and LOVE for the topic of lost things.

It was hardcore, people think demonic possession rocks but that was beyond anything I experienced with gods, demons, other kinds of spirits thus far. :thinking:

5 Likes

Could you elaborate more on this? What do you mean when you say you were the Angel of lost things.

2 Likes

Sure, I pretty much logged it all here, regarding what could be useful to someone seeking a similar experience:

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree. Using a clean slate approach towards a spirit, can, and I emphasize on that word, CAN release all sorts of emotions from the perspective of the spirit. Sometimes to an extent that it’s too much “luggage” or burden released from their shoulders. I’m certain an angel has a lot of luggage on it’s shoulders, too. Would you dare to start a clean slate with an angel? It all depends on your perception.

Emotions only cause fallacy when logic and reason is out of the equation. Blend in some ethics and morality with your healthier compass of “right” and “wrong”, and the energy you release will not only be balanced, but also very powerful and controlled. Let go of the control if you wish to wreck havoc, instead. If you work with energies, emotions could be both a friend and an enemy.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say suprised but yeah if you are working with a spirit who is trying to test you its very valuable. They are going to have to make a individualized plan for you because they don’t have to put on a “show” based on your preconcieved notions about them

Wow i’ve actually heard these exact words. I’ve gotten to experience what its like from their side to hear what they hear. So much I command you to blah blah blah in the name of blah blah. And not all spirits are nice enough to call you out on your shit either. They are not slaves

3 Likes

Apparently, Archangel Michael is the same as Marutukku of the Necronomicon.

http://lovecraft.ru/texts/necro/simon_eng/names50.html

3 Likes

Interesting. I will look into this.

@Lady_Eva @succupedia @vladzz @Paulden @ashtkerr @Rcs4215 @MagickMike @SabahSnoblod@Woodsman81
Just my take on this. Today @Baal was kind enough to deliver some of the questions I had to Michael. The questions essentially called him out on some of the nasty things he did to some of the entities I work with (there was a war. They were exiled, and purged from Hell. Forced into imprisonment for centuries if not millenia) and demanded an answer to them. This was the answer:

At the end of the day that just isn’t good enough for me. This reply illustrates exactly why we are at war with them. The entities I work with take what happened as an attack and an insult regardless of what Michael says. Just put into simple English this is essentially him saying that he did what he had to because it was a “natural cycle” and “mandatory”. Not apologising. Just saying he had to like he knows what is best for everyone. This is exactly the blind servitude and arrogant superiority that pushes me away from Angels. Presumably, given his reply, he would do it all over again if whatever supposedly higher purpose he serves told him to. Sorry, but I can’t work with an entity who would attack, kill, and imprison the beings I serve just because of some supposed “natural cycle”. Whether he says he’s our enemy or not doesn’t change the fact that he has and still will oppose the beings I serve. As long as he refuses to change his ways he will have to remain my enemy. Working with an entity that can say something like this like it’s the most natural thing in the world is simply not acceptable to me. Also, “it’s just order and chaos taking turns” who came up with that?!?! He makes it sound like both sides agreed to it. They did not. You can’t forcefully excise someone from the world, and claim it’s just taking turns. The problem with his version of events is that it’s him blindly enforcing a form of order that only one side (the Angels) agreed to. The beings I work with aren’t going to accept that.

5 Likes

Hmmn, remind you of yourself at times eh? :wink:

Gulags of peace and so on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just teasing, but if we ALSO take the stance spirits are within, the ones we dislike may be parts of ourselves we have not yet reconciled.

8 Likes

Someone else did the evocation though, so I am not sure how that would be possible. Also, I view them mostly as external beings. I am not very sure there’s much in my UPG to suggest otherwise, though I may be wrong. I am still new to this after all.

3 Likes

The evocation and the answers were intended for you though, seriously check out Lon Milo DuQuette’s book “Low Magick: It’s All In Your Head … You Just Have No Idea How Big Your Head Is” because at the end he describes exorcising a spirit that’s causing chaos in a school, but it’s also linked to a guy working there and himself as well, like the meshed Venn diagrams I described in a slightly different context here:

That book is worth its weight in gold on this topic IMO.

6 Likes

I will try to pick up a copy when I get the chance. Thank you.

2 Likes

@Lady_Eva Any comments as to the main claim of my post? Arguments For or Against? Further comments? Are our world-views so drastically different (sometimes that seems to be the case) that none of the things I have said have any meaning to you?

1 Like

For some reason the old tale of the frog and the scorpion came to mind when i read this. The scorpion will do what is in their nature. Entities will do what is in their nature.

The bit about chaos and order taking turns sounds like the ebb and flow of energy that leads to evolution and progress, you need both to go forward.

5 Likes

@Dinmiatus The point is that as someone committed to the eventual total victory of the black and unholy I cannot accept working with a being which for any reason will oppose or seek to push out the infernal. “Natural cycle” or otherwise. I am bound in soul and by blood to that cause. If the Angel’s nature is to promote this constant cycle, then they are my enemies. The Spirits have made it clear that they have no intention of being pushed out of this world again. They intend to stay this time, and stay forever. My duty as their Disciple is to ensure that they do.

1 Like

Here is my take on it. When you worship an entity you become biased to that energy. So much so sometimes that you become unable to see any aspect of other entities in any other way than the lens of your worship allows. There is some part of your analytical process which is still extremely polarized.

Okay, first of all the idea that spiritual entities “war” with each other in any kind of human capacity does not work for me. Here is why: they are timeless, right? If they are timeless that would imply this war has always been occurring and always will because there is no linear start or finish to such a conflict. This is a metaphor for polar opposite energies and I think you are taking it out of context. Spirits love to convey concepts in the form of metaphor. It is one of their favorite ways to teach.

Again I feel you are laying a human template over this, so let me add mine. When war is in session very few of the people actually fighting are taking this fight personally. If most looked at the opposing side as their hated enemy most cases of PTSD would not exist because there would be no guilt in the equation to trigger it, no ownership. In many cases where there is active hatred in the soldier the individual can become a kind of “proto-psychopath” temporarily as a coping mechanism, or the person was already out of his mind to begin with. Even in modern times you will find that forces like ISIS are comprised largely of mercenaries, with a select few psychopaths calling the shots. Also, just because the entities are insulted does not mean the onus is on Michael and it also does not mean you have to be insulted as well. It goes back to what I said above; you worship them so you are kind of committing yourself to their version of events instead of making your own decision based on info from all sources.

Who are you under the impression they serve? You might have a chuckle at some of my theories on this. I will reserve them for another discussion, mostly because they involve half baked musings and unverifiable gnostic experiences. Let’s just say it is not YHWH. Now, there are some that I call pseudo-angelics, but they are similar to the overall Catholic egregore in nature and origin and I do not consider them “true”.

I am just saying that I disagree with the view of opposition in conflict. To me it is more of a case of opposition in harmony; opposite aspects which are part of a greater whole that actually compliment more than compete. Maybe this is because of my own background, though, so this is only my opinion; nothing more. But, as long as you find excessive value in one energetic current you may find yourself unable to find any value in another opposing one.

9 Likes

I agree. My views on that have been posted elsewhere.[quote=“Woodsman81, post:51, topic:18073”]
Here is why: they are timeless, right? If they are timeless that would imply this war has always been occurring and always will because there is no linear start or finish to such a conflict.
[/quote]
I am not sure they are quite timeless the way you say it. They don’t quite exist in linear time like we do, but there’s a definite sense of causality. Events still cause each other even though time is not linear. A jumbled web of interlinked causation across four dimensions. They simply have another dimension on which their conflict can play out. Also, the war ON EARTH seems to be playing out more or less in linear time. With exceptions of course. Time is malleable even here.

In a way Is suppose. I still think I’ve made a rational decision though. These entities have given me a lot of power. That is why I serve. That is different from worship.[quote=“Woodsman81, post:51, topic:18073”]
When you worship an entity you become biased to that energy. So much so sometimes that you become unable to see any aspect of other entities in any other way than the lens of your worship allows.
[/quote]
That’s why I had someone else do the evocation. Among other reasons. One of them being that I don’t think I am allowed to actually evoke an Angel.

3 Likes