My Shadow(nomicon) journey begins (Completed)

Thanks, I see what you’re saying. I hope you’re right. My inherent mistrust of Legion is likely factoring into this, too.

5 Likes

About an hour before the rest of the household typically goes to bed, I felt I should go into ritual and “practice” the techniques on a thoroughly deserving asshole. I was just going to perform one of the techniques and call it good. Instead, I felt almost compelled to go into ritual and threw one together without much in the way of setup. Here’s the picture of the simplistic version right before the ritual.

Here are my ritual notes. In my notes, Abaddon and Legion were waiting for further communication. Thus, my communication with them was written down before my ritual actions were. The conversation with them should give enough info about the ritual for it to be of some use to others.

The techniques involve using shadow and negative energy and I’m not good enough at them to explain them (and don’t have permission yet). Forgive me for that. The best I can say is that the first technique is a gather and fire it off working. The second is more of a corruption over time.

I know we’re all intelligent people here, but just in case…
A: Abaddon
L: Legion
M: Me

A: "Pretty good (for throwing the ritual together and altering it as he dictated).

L: “That was sloppy. Practice.”

M: “Thank you.”

A: “It was good enough to be successful, but not for great results (killing with a lot of suffering). It will be successful for what you asked.”

L: “You forgot to have their suffering feed the stone”

M: “I did. I got wrapped up in the moment, trying to get the techniques right.” (Legion make a noise indicating it could’ve (should’ve) been remembered)

A: You remembered to send (the void mistress)"

M: “I did. She came and accepted the task of overwatch. I felt she went easier on my than she has over the past few days.”

A: “She did. She agreed with the task and you gave it better than in the past. Still some work to do there.”

M: “Agreed. How could I have better performed the first technique?”

L: “The portal (mini) was a little sloppy and you would’ve had a better connection with the Abyss if you’d performed more of the ceremony.”

M: “Would it have worked if I didn’t have the standing portal open behind me?” I realized this was a foolish question as soon as I asked it. I had drawn the energy from the mini portal I opened, not from the standing one.
“What about the forming and the rest?”

A: “You gathered, then gave the intent. Next time, start with the intent and let the needed amount of energy come to you. Your analytical mind gets in the way of letting the magic happen.”

M: “Thank you. I will work on that.”

A: “You already do it in other types of workings (I was shown some wards and energy clearing things I do). Don’t lose the flow just because the technique is new.”

L: "Why did you ask the Shadows to “assist if need be”?

M: “Because the success of the working is more important than my ego, of only looking to myself for the working.” I had pondered this earlier and decided on success over ego. Legion was bringing this up to reinforce it.

A: “Why did you record the ritual?”

M: “Ego, mostly. I also wanted to get more experience and comfortable with the editing. I also wanted to look to see if there are any noticable effects.”

A: “Are you going to share it?”

M: “Not the video. Maybe some of the stills. It’s likely not very good as a video, but may have some decent stills I can get from it.”

A: “The second technique…”

M: “Yes, I expected it to go down differently.” (He indicated he wanted me to elaborate) “It wasn’t quite like the instructions I saw in my head. That was more localized (a lower leg, specifically, the calf). (In the ritual) I simply picked where I felt I should start with. That was the chest area.”

A: “Do you know why?”

M: “I sensed it was in turmoil and (it) responded quickly.”

A: “Yes, it was ripe for going after. You didn’t let your mind get in the way. That was good.” (I nodded)

L: “You gave us their pain, their suffering, and their (general) energy. By what right do you give this?” (This was an odd way to phrase it).

M: "The effects are mine. They are caused by my actions, by my efforts.

I kept thinking about what I thought he was looking for, before I realized it was futile. I got the impression that he wanted me to think I had somehow “paid” for that energy or that I somehow owned it. His phrase “by what right” was to try to lead me down the path where I was to think I owned the life of the target. I indicated I wasn’t going down that route. He seemed a little disappointed - or he simply pretended to be.

A: “You are tired.”

M: “I am.”

A: "The void mistress will keep an eye on your target for you. Have her replay what’s happening (the important parts).

I nodded. Abaddon left. Legion indicated he had nothings else to say and is simply watching my fill this out.

I was surprised at how tired I am after these workings. They weren’t emotional in the typical baneful working sense. It wasn’t like a gathering of hate and rage that’s released. It’s a gathering of these dark (as shit) energies that you synchronize with. It must take more out of the practitioner than is first apparent. The second felt differently, but wasn’t emotionally involved either.

All right I gotta get to bed. If I find some stills that are worth putting up, I’ll do that. I have no idea where the camera was pointing or what quality the pictures would, as it was strapped to my chest and I was speaking. My hands were likely in the way as I gathered energy and sent it off. Guess we’ll see.

7 Likes

As a follow-up to last night, the video isn’t going to work. There are times where things seem evident, but with the light tradewinds coming in, it could’ve been that. There’s also a pinhole size scratch on the lens that’s just visible enough to be annoying. Recording it last night didn’t seem like a big deal, but I’ve been growing resistant to it as the day has worn on.

Speaking of the day wearing on, I almost feel a little hung over today and it can’t be alcohol. I expect to feel a little lethargic after a really emotional, taxing working, but am surprised that it’s this strong after a much less emotional one. I’m going to go for a walk and see if that helps.

For those wondering, the pages open on the table are from the 17AUG entry. You can see the words at the end of my entry “He Left” on the left page. Also, the item in the candle holder is my corrupted stone (smoky quartz) used in this pathworking.

3 Likes

Earlier today, before noon, I was feeling like I should go into ritual. I knew it was to “practice” and I knew who. One of the targets I had given Shadow Woman was a convicted pedophile and a friend knew the victim. I wasn’t sure if I should select that target, but it was becoming obvious that this was the person. Maybe they’ll offend again if I do nothing, maybe they won’t. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one to not like the odds.

The kicker was that it was daylight out. I’d done my shadow work at night, mainly and wasn’t sure how much the ambiance (or lack thereof) would affect my ability to perform the ritual. I certainly couldn’t get out the same amount of things I do at night. I felt it needed to be done, so I did it. Same format as last time.

A: Much better. It would’ve been easier, better in darkness.

M: Agreed. I felt it should be done now.

A: Yes, to help with recovery and other things later (but what?).

M: I have the next week off, mostly. An afternoon ritual doesn’t seem much sooner than an evening one, from that context.

L: I wanted it done now. The timing was better than later (it’s 1400 here).

A: So you called upon the Tall Man…

M: Yes.

A: …and he agreed.

M: Yes, we both had a lot to gain from it (Abaddon nodded).

A: Shadow Woman came and agreed to it, too.

M: Yes, she did. I assumed it was due to it being a target I had given her.

A: And nothing else?

I hadn’t thought about it at the time and wondered if it was some territorial thing, since it was “her” target. I don’t think I would’ve looked at it deeper it Abaddon hadn’t asked me about it.

M: She can help with both the love interest aspects (changing) and the psychosis areas I asked for (delusional, non-violent).

A: You need to better use the resources you have. You did use (a specific) shadow for the overwatch and to assist. That was better.

M: Thank you and I will work on the resource usage. The first technique. It felt different. I felt I ws forming as I gave it intent and set the intent beforehand, but it didn’t…I don’t know. It didn’t seem to flow as well, yet went smoother. I’m struggling to explain it.

A: Clearly. The intent was much more complex and all three parts needed to be added. This was a much more difficult spell. The more complex the spell, the more work all parts of you must do to put it all together.

M: How many parts are there?

A: Too many. Does it matter, if the working is successful?

(I hadn’t thought about the success of it until he mentioned it)
“Yes, it will be. Keep connecting in with (the shadow) to keep up with how this one will work. Write it down. Where the last one was simpler, this has three parts that you will want to keep track of.”

(I wondered why Legion wanted me to use the Tall Man)

L: He wanted to be used. You’re boring for someone like him.

M: I’ll take that as a compliment.

L: Don’t. Your life is boring.

With that, he left. It’s still a complement.

A: The second part. You struggled a little at first. (I got the impression this was due to it being daytime and I was trying to infect/draw the energy in too quickly). Let the sickness form as it will. Once you saw it had established, you added the programming of beaconing, calling out to the shadows. Why?"

M: The void mistress had me add that to the target the other day. I wanted it worse for this person. Couldn’t hurt.

A: Keep doing that.

With that, he left.

One thing I did to help recover from the ritual the other day was to go outside and specifically draw in more darker energy. I had asked Abaddon about recovery and he indicated that to more quickly recover from a working like this, the darker energy must be replaced, so there’s a balance once again. It made sense and I guess I’ll get to try it out again tonight to re-balance myself after the working.

I do wonder what he meant by “and other things later”. He didn’t say if that was later tonight or later this week…

4 Likes

I saw a video on a major company that pulled a movie that covered the child sex issue today and I was torn between wanting to start slinging things towards this cause and my pathworking. While I wanted to start casting, I was unsure what to cast, as most of my techniques are single target. I mulled over this for a while and Abaddon came to counsel me with a way I can do both.

I went outside into my ritual area, no incense, no candle, nothing. Just a diabetic lancet, some paper and my willingness to donate.

I verified that the portal was open and that Abaddon was present and started. “Lord Abaddon, Legion, you know why I’ve come. {Company} removed {Movie} due to the coverage it gave towards the child trafficking issue. I’ve come to enlist your help in causing them to reverse their decision.”

I turned to the portal, where Legion (and many others behind him) were listening. “I want those responsible for the decision hounded, (psychologically) tortured, emotionally burdened until they reverse their decision. Feed off of them and let them know why this has happened, what needs to be done to get it to stop. I ask this of you.”

Abaddon stepped in, “Don’t ask. Command.”

And so I did. Whereas they were ambivalent to my ask, not even a 50/50 split in acceptance, as soon as I commanded it, those behind the portal agreed immediately.

I charged the paper with my intent, re-stating what I wanted done, and painted the 4x4 piece with my blood. I burnt the paper, the offer was accepted, and everyone but Abaddon and Legion left. They didn’t seem like they felt the need to talk, so I went back inside.

A few minutes later, Abaddon spoke, “A single drop would’ve been sufficient.”

I didn’t say anything, but was a little confused. I considered this to be a longer-term working that I felt I should feed in advance. I started thinking of about how many drops there were when he interrupted my thoughts.

“You (humans) think that you have to give more for a long term working than a short term one. This is not always the case.” He then gave the impression that a single drop was sufficient for this task and that I should’ve simply asked instead of assuming. “Some will take as much as you’re willing to give. Instead, ask how much is necessary for the task.” With that he left.

I was still trying to understand why Legion & co were so willing when commanded, wondering if this is somehow due to Abaddon’s influence and/or whether this was just situational. I realize that there was an intersection where I could enact Abaddon’s lessons in commanding with a cause I cared about. Maybe this is one of those times where you simply take Yes for an answer and call it good.

4 Likes

Due to fatigue, likely from casting so much in a short amount of time, I took a bit of a break yesterday.

Last night, about 2100 hrs, I felt a VERY strong presence in the vicinity of my portal. I was listening to a video about the Zodiac serial killer and wasn’t tuned in when I felt the presence come in, drawn by the portal. It wasn’t drawn through the portal, but to it. It was human and came looking similar to a shadow.

There was some back and forth actions, but they were mainly a test to check power/experience. I wasn’t really looking for a fight and this person wasn’t either. While I suspect I may know who it was, due to some contact I’ve had recently, I don’t know if this was intentional or not. They could’ve been traveling while asleep.

3 Likes

Had an interesting conversation with Belial and Abaddon on my walk. While I can’t recall the exact wording over the hour-long conversations there was a particular part near the end that held significance that others may benefit from.

B: “You need to be in the present more.”

M: “Should I cut back on my practice? I don’t feel like I’m spending too much time in it.”

B: “No, keep or increase the practice. Be in the present more.”

M: “Am I not in one or the other?”

B: “No, you spend too much time in your head. Planning, analyzing, thinking just to think. You need to be more mentally present (in your day-to-day).”

M: “Are you saying I should stay grounded more?” I thought of the similarity to grounding after a ritual.

B: "Not quite like grounding from ritual. Spend less time in the past, a lot less time in the future, and experience the present more. You’re caught up so much in where you want to be, how you’ll get there, and the problems of them all that you are throwing away part of the purpose of being [human/in a body]. "

There was some back and forth where I tried to post examples and get feedback to help direct this newer behavior. Truth is, I was a little confused, as this isn’t my way of being at all. I’ve got where I am due to picturing where I wanted to go and putting intent and work behind it. I was concerned that not staying focused like that would somehow cause me to slip off the mountain I’ve climbed.

A: “You need to keep working and you need to continue using what works (referring to the above paragraph). You don’t need to be so obsessed.”

B: " Be driven, plan for the future, and work for it. And stop to catch your breath. Otherwise, all of your memories will be of working to get where you thought you wanted to go with little else between that and the start."

I was a little taken back by their concern and I wondered what they were getting out of this as well. I could tell at least Belial was amused at my questioning their motive(s). I heard one of them chuckle, but wasn’t paying enough attention to know who had done it. I was given the impression that the practice would help save more energy and focus for workings when they were needed and that this would help them (and me) in the long term. I found that ironic.

5 Likes

I hear you on the planning thing, but this life- sometimes you gotta let loose and just enjoy where you are.

I too, used to plan months and years in the future. Not like detailed, but major events.

1 Like

Yeah, I debated on whether to include that entry in my journal, but I suppose it’s less off-track than the mantis info…

Most of the jobs I’ve had involve analysis and planning - Infantry, Programmer, Cyber Security - so I’m no surprised this has carried over into the rest of my life. Just like in the Infantry, though, once on mission is done, it’s time to move onto the next with as little rest as possible, which has also carried over.

This will take some work…

2 Likes

Good things always do. Usually they hurt like a bitch too.

I almost asked you, if deleting it, didn’t defeat the purpose of your work. Part of your job is to embrace this all, rather than keep it separate, and I couldn’t see anything too personal to delete it over, but then I figured maybe as it wasn’t related directly to the topic. Either way it’s relevant to the shadow work.

2 Likes

It is. Just another symptom of over-analyzing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I too have been told the same by both demons and angels. It is so hard to get out of my head and to stop thinking, so I feel this deeply.

5 Likes

I felt I should go into ritual to communicate with Legion.

I noticed the presence of Belial, strongly, Abaddon less so. Belial and I had been talking about a personal target. Apparently, it isn’t time. “It would work, but not as efficiently or effectively as it will later. You should wait.” It wasn’t long after that Legion called.

The conversation is between Legion and I.

“What have you learned from the Tall Man?”

“Not much. I don’t have as many hangups as I thought. I haven’t gained much in that area (perversions and/or fetishes)”

“That you know of.”

“That I know of.”

“Tell me about his method.”

I went over how he’s handled things. This essentially amounts to him picking a topic and I have to dive down that rabbit hole. I have to envision being there, how it feels, and use all of my senses I’m able to. Sometimes this involves a conversation afterwards, sometimes this doesn’t.

“Not very effective, is it?”

“I wouldn’t know.”

“Is that all you learned?”

“I learned he was much more interested in turning his influence on others, as I made an entry of before.”

“And why is that?”

“Because I’m ‘boring’.” He chuckled as I used the term.

“Yes, but you also saw how he took an idea, persuaded someone to investigate it, and could see how, over time, this may induce it in the individual. Combine how he was talking to you, that insidious suggesting, with the darker working (one of the techniques I’ve been practicing) and practice it on others.”

“You’re wanting me to try out this method of inducing perversions in people? I don’t know anyone well enough to be able to keep up with their interests in this area. I won’t be able to verify my results. Even if I could, I’d have reservations about doing that to someone I cared for, even an acquaintance.”

“Do you want this power or not?”

“I never asked for it. I didn’t ask for any of it. Belial and Abaddon said to go down this path, so I am. It seems more likely that YOU want me to have this power you speak of, Are you not the one that gets fed from it?”

He didn’t say anything, but I felt a sort of smile and suppressed laughter.

“Very well. Then we shall speak again soon.”

He left. I felt (and feel) that he didn’t go far. I verified that the conversation was at an end and confirmed it.

I feel like I’m going back out again, tonight.

Looking back on this, it’s almost like it may have been a wrap-up of sorts with the Tall Man. It’s been about three weeks since I started with him.

While I get what Legion was saying, in my head, I was also asking about removing perversions (not fetishes, but perversions) from people and he recognized it, but didn’t make any mention of it in the conversation.

2 Likes

Started burning the shadow wand tonight. Could be worse. I’ll call them all to “bless” it when I’ve finished the pathworking and stand before all 7.

2 Likes

That would look cool with a coat of poly!

1 Like

Yeah, it probably would I’ll likely use tung oil on it. I made my runes from the same type of wood and a test patch on a ruined piece showed that this wood gets really dark from it. May coat it after that. I’m not sure.

Legion wants a full ritual tonight, so I’ve started setting up and getting ready. Something earlier told me to have the implements on hand and as I was burning this, I got the notification. I think I may work with the little child one next. Could be wrong. According to the text, he’s a little shit…

2 Likes

Sounds like a good time lol :slight_smile:

Don’t let preconceived ideas bite ya in the ass tho :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As I stated earlier, Legion wanted a full ritual, which meant I was moving to the next shadow. I was getting impressions of the Shadow Child in my living space, which kinda gave the next one away. I’d noticed the same thing with the other shadows, prior to being told to work with them. As I started the ritual prep, his energy vanished.

Some important notes about the Shadow Child, who is considered the most dangerous of the 7 shadow aspects.

• Appeasing him through offerings, even negative energy offerings can be pointless.
  • He is used for baneful workings. He has no redeeming “lighter” side qualities that are spoken of.
  • While he mainly deals with mischief, he is also interested in seeing/causing people (to) die.
  • A stern, authoritative approach is necessary to get him to cooperate (another Command and Authority) exercise for me).
  • Even if he agrees to do a working, he may turn that working back on the caster for fun. Even if it successful on the target, too.

The author stated he interacts with Shadow Child as little as possible due to the overwhelming potential for negative actions arising from interactions. In videos on the Shadownomicon, he also said that this particular shadow is more of the type you endure, rather than form any sort of bond with. He hates us all equally.

Some correspondences for the Shadow Child (adapted from the Shadownomicon) - excessive disobedience, morbid curiosity, enjoys torturing others, general mischief, humiliating others, and (causing?) deformity.

Perfect. Bet he’s in the Shadow (Boy) Scouts, too.

As the others went to bed, I started the final preparations and noticed Legion was very present. “You called for me?”

“I did. You may write (all of) this down. You can completed your initial (phase) work with the Tall Man. Call on him if you wish to. He will answer (and do) that which he is suited for. You know your next?”

“You gave the impression of the Shadow Child and I’ve felt him in the area.” He appeared as a child, acted as a very hyper child, but he doesn’t FEEL like a child.

“It is. Call him forth and begin your work. Be warned, though. You will not get much conversation out of him. He’s a do-er, more than a speaker.”

I mentally questioned if he can be tasked.

“He can, when he feels like - or agrees to it (even by force). You’ve made your preparations. Now call him forth. I will block this (standing) portal. He will come through the one you will create (for the ritual).”

As I spoke the initial text to start the ritual, I have to admit that out of nowhere, I had butterflies in my stomach. This was on a physical level, as I was focused and in my ritual zone before starting.

I spoke the invocation and as I finished, I could feel him on just the other side of the portal, so I forcefully suggested he come to officially meet me. He did and stood in front of me. I could already tell I didn’t like this “child”.

I gave him the same restrictions I’ve given the others. As I was reading them out, I saw him reaching out to act like he was going to steal my corrupted stone. Twice. I added the further restriction that he wasn’t allowed to steal from me.

I finished with the restrictions and waited for his response. He didn’t refuse them. He just wouldn’t state he accepted them. I asked again. Nothing. I asked a third time. He gave no indication.

I wondered how I was going to get this agreement out of him when Legion answered with an impression - only by force. I sighed and the little shit laughed. (Edited out for potential issues with forum compliance) and felt a nod.

I looked to Legion, who was amused, and verified Shadow Child would follow the agreement. He wasn’t just amused that Shadow Child was resisting. He was delighted that I had to work to get it and how I felt afterwards.

Having gotten what I needed, I closed the ritual, sealed the temp portal, and cleaned up.

3 Likes

Excellent work over the last 20+ days!!!. It was very informative reading all these entries. Thank you for posting. Very interesting on the shadow child. Especially with a few entries dealing with being commanding and not requesting.

Seems like the “child” must be bent to obey.

2 Likes

Thanks, Lucy. There’s an entry I haven’t put in yet, due to it being SO heavy. I’ve sat on it for several days now.

I’ve felt the child in the area since doing this, but haven’t seen much in the way of interaction. So far, when I start working with one of these, shifts appear in the household - shifts in energy, conversations/interactions, … This time, it almost feels like he’s gearing up or waiting for the right time.

2 Likes