My Celtic Adventure ... was ... Celtic sigils for evocation

Without having sigils, im sure there is a tutorial, but would the O A Spare method be a good one to use, or translate to Hebrew and use the Rose Cross, or construct one from a table of English letters?

1 Like

I would strongly advise against using techniques from the JCI currents for the celtic entities.

The Xtian church persecuted and deliberately destroyed and forced conversion of the celts to xtianity. To use thier methods could be viewed as insulting.

The chaos techniques should be ok, but unecessary, they have names, and they know who they are, use their names the way thier people do.

7 Likes

I would use Gaelic script, or Ogham.

4 Likes

Thanks all :slight_smile:

So with roommate out of town, how do you recommend approaching an unknown pantheon, top down, bottom up, by planet or classification, etc?
What direction to use if unknown?
What general offerings?
Roommate is out of town, so this would be a good weekend to do one.
How do you approach them to get to know them?
What correspondences, color of candles, etc?
Evoke them without enns or well known rite, but a homemade tailored invocation and ritual for evocation?
Wing it, or stick to a traditional evocation ritual form such as golden dawn z-2?
I’m very minimalist, so the less props the better.
What if it’s a dead pantheon, or imposter spirits try to role play with me, or what if they’re trickster spirits? Use cardinal directions?

I guess I will use the suggestions provided to produce the sigil, evoke east first, which should be Ogma, use chocolate and juice as an offering, and basically do a blind evocation, with a cup of black coffee to use as a black mirror. With sandalwood as a fragrance on the candle.

I wouldn’t.

I’d use the immersive preparation technique and learn the pantheon as is, without the pollution of trying to shoe horn another current’s lens onto it before you’ve even understood the raw current.

I’ve spoken to Thunnor through a ceremonial ritual, not even solomonic, and he was not happy.

You don’t need any props for pagan pantheons at all. They are deities, go out in nature and call, use your intuition and trust your clairsentience and the signs in nature around you.

There’s no such thing as death for spirits, as they exist outside of spacetime. If you want to, go back to a time when they were popular and go from there.

Same as any impostors, you’ll find out by the red flags, or not. Immersive preparation can help with this, and you’ll start getting a sense of the unique energetic signature of each entity as you call it through reading about them. When you can recognise the energetic signature with sensiivity, impostors stop being much of a problem, because it’s hard to fake perfectly.

I think you’re more likely to attract impostors familiar with the current you use, if you don’t respect how these entities are used to being called, and they might not even recognise themselves in your summons.

The other thing you could get, is just thoughtforms you made up.

So I recommend using the original current for the pantheon as purely as you can, learning who they are and asking them to help you fuse other currents techniques into thier traditions, for the fastest and most successful outcome.

5 Likes

Much appreciated.

1 Like

Tried a one on one with Dagda the other night. Felt good.

Also noting sigils on some tarot cards, so could try evoking those and find out who they are and why they’re in that particular card, and why others have no sigil.

Gave morning greetings to Dagda.

I think I will work with a specific deity in each area of my life.

Conway’s classifications will help with this.

Used OLDC and Dagda in LRP (earth invoking) this morning
Ogmah
Lugh
Danau
Cernunnos (as opposed to usual Bridgidh)

1 Like

Will invoke OLDC and Dagda today on a work break.

Did not get chance to do so. Too fiery a day.

Tomorrow then.

No work this morning. New work schedule, will adjust to evening tonight. Called off due to flu symptoms.

Celtic Cross spread
"Tell me about the first Mage from Falias.
Significator: Queen of Swords Water of Air.
Covers: Five of Pentacles
Crosses: Ten of Cups
Crowns: Four of Wands
Beneath: Five of Cups
Hopes/Fears: Eight of Cups
Final Outcome: Knight of Cups

Top of Deck: Page of Wands
Bottom of Deck: XII The Hanged Man

Background:

CATH MAIGE TUIRED

The Second Battle of Mag Tuired

Translated by Elizabeth A. Gray

THIS TALE BELOW IS THE BATTLE OF MAG TUIRED AND THE BIRTH OF BRES SON OF ELATHA AND HIS REIGN

1. The Tuatha De Danann were in the northern islands of the world, studying occult lore and sorcery, druidic arts and witchcraft and magical skill, until they surpassed the sages of the pagan arts.

2. They studied occult lore and secret knowledge and diabolic arts in four cities: Falias, Gorias, Murias, and Findias.

3. From Falias was brought the Stone of Fal which was located in Tara. It used to cry out beneath every king that would take Ireland.

4. From Gorias was brought the spear which Lug had. No battle was ever sustained against it, or against the man who held it in his hand.

5. From Findias was brought the sword of Nuadu. No one ever escaped from it once it was drawn from its deadly sheath, and no one could resist it.

6. From Murias was brought the Dagda’s cauldron. No company ever went away from it unsatisfied.

7. There were four wizards in those four cities. Morfesa was in Falias; Esras was in Gorias; Uiscias was in Findias; Semias was in Murias. Those are the four poets from whom the Tuatha De learned occult lore and secret knowledge.

8. The Tuatha De then made an alliance with the Fomoire, and Balor the grandson of Net gave his daughter Ethne to Cian the son of Dian Cecht. And she bore the glorious child, Lug.

9. The Tuatha De came with a great fleet to Ireland to take it by force from the Fir Bolg. Upon reaching the territory of Corcu Belgatan (which is Conmaicne Mara today), they at once burned their boats so that they would not think of fleeing to them. The smoke and the mist which came from the ships filled the land and the air which was near them. For that reason it has been thought that they arrived in clouds of mist.

10. The battle of Mag Tuired was fought between them and the Fir Bolg. The Fir Bolg were defeated, and 100,000 of them were killed including the king, Eochaid mac Eire.

I find it interesting that the stone made would cry out from underneath, any king that would take Ireland, and this was the first of the four mages and his product; we have the 5 of Pentacles cover, the querent 3 of Pentacles, environment 2 of Pentacles, and behind King of Wands. The only other Court cards are the Queen of Swords as significator and final outcome Knight of Cups. Also the crowning victory of the 4 of Wands. Cups are afflicted but still victorious.

1 Like

No matter the interpretation of the reading, we also have the matter of numerology.
The three pentacles are: 2, 3, 5. The 2 and 3 are equal to 5. 10=1 Beginning.
The three cups are: 5, 8, 10. By reduction, 23=5. Hearing, sound. The Knight of Cups delivers the Stone.
The 1 Wand is 4 of Wands, Victory, stronghold. Order. Sight.
A Queen, a past King, and a Knight, operate with the Ace of Wands.
This completes our reading, unless we count the top of the deck for twelve cards, which is the Page of Wands.

"Tell me about the second Mage from Gorias.
Significator: 0 Fool Air. Life Power
Covers: XVII Star Aquarius Meditation
Crosses: 9 of Cups
Crowns: King of Cups Fire of Water
Beneath: Knight of Swords Air of Air
Behind: Page of Swords Earth of Air
Before: King of Swords Fire of Air
Querent: VIII Strength Leo Serpent Force Suggestion
Environment: 10 of Swords
Hopes-Fears: Ace of Swords Spirit of Air
Final Outcome: XVI Tower Mars Awakening

Top of Deck: VI Lovers