My Art Journal

Thank you!! I guess, in my anal tendencies, with lack of a ruler I didn’t want to start it (watercolor pencils vs regular pencil). Though may do on paper first to get a hang of how it should look, then construct it on a longer lasting board which will eventually be framed to protect and enhance the look if it.

2 Likes

Surprise!

Ask, and thou shalt receive?

Wasn’t on purpose, but I let someone who is going through a rough time, so I wanted to make him feel better with a quick gift.

4 Likes

Yay your back to posting art again! Cant wait to see more! :heart:

1 Like

Kinda reminds me of “Scooby-Doo”.

1 Like

and these are my attempts to make them into my new profile picture in gimp.

3 Likes

Those two went to homes whom I don’t personally know the owners. The rest of these have not left me as of yet, but someday they will too, as they have as much of a purpose in this life as I do!

No, I’m never going to learn how to take pictures without a lighting glare, indoors/upstairs and in the dark… :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

This one serves as a guide.

This one’s compacity involves nature and folk lore.

The bottom two, are sisters.

6 Likes

You are an excellent artist! I love your work.

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

A few more finished works

5 Likes

Loving the last one of Bast. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you friend, I really didn’t think that one turned out as well as some of the others… I couldn’t figure out the colors at all and kinda settled for well, this will work…

Then we have the top one where the waves and rocks and all that just worked without any difficulty…:joy::woman_shrugging: I expected it to be the harder of the two lol.

I don’t even understand all of my art problems lol

3 Likes

And it did!

I share this sentiment so much. X.x

1 Like

The third one would be a rather good profile picture selection imo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s great to see that your art journal revived back, you are an amazing artist and impressive practitioner.
Keep your beauty/wisdom flowing.

1 Like

Artists are their own harshest critics. I also fall into that but dont forget to celebrate your success the most.

You mentioned in another comment that you were struggling with the colors. I do this too for time to time and my go to solution is to forget about color and look for the values instead. Color doesnt matter so much if the values are not correct. To keep it simple i just pick a color and make a mid, a light, and a dark from the color i have chosen.

You’re artwork is great by the way. Keep it up! You have mad skill!

2 Likes

We thought so too, since it looks the most like the original work, but it’s really hard to see against a white background in a small circle :/. I’m hoping to get into some new online projects in a few months though, so I might have opportunity to use it somewhere other than balg in time.

2 Likes

This is true. I had an art class for nine weeks or maybe it was a semester, back in high school. It was really more of an arts and crafts class however, as we didn’t really get taught how to use the media or much on the common principles.

I could probably take a class and learn a lot, or watch some YouTube but I just don’t feel like it… it doesn’t make any sense but I feel like I learn more, actually doing it than I would trying to remind myself to pay attention to someone else lol.

I’m glad I’m not the only struggler, and you are right I should try to remember how far I’ve come with it, and how much I just enjoy it. Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

You don’t need an art class.

2 Likes

You are an academy in yourself indeed.

1 Like

astounding piece of artwork, she looks so pretty and beautiful, so like you.

1 Like