Mugwort tea uses

Ive talked about it on here before.

2 Likes

That makes sense, I’m just trying to find a way to speed up my progress some.

1 Like

When I was reading through @Veil journal she said she would smoke mugwort and…skullcap, iirc?
I only use it for incense myself. Havent used it enough myslef to see any effects.

3 Likes

Yep I smoke a blend of mugwort, skullcap, mullein. Sometimes with a little sprinkle of the devil’s lettuce on top.

It’s not a hugely noticeable change in mindset but it does help a little to facilitate that spaced-out state that’s good for meditation and or trance. (Speaking of just the mugwort/skullcap, the jazz cabbage is obviously a bit more potent on that front)

The stuff I bought came with instructions for making tea… I was like oh honey, no, lol. Although maybe I should give it a try… Just don’t think I have the necessary implements for loose-leaf tea

3 Likes

Consuming it seems to make me more awake in sleep or trance but the annoying thing that keeps happening is kundalini rush… it intensifying energy work, but I can’t handle it…
It’s good using it on candles and spells! Also anointing the forehead and back of the ears during meditations or sleep helps with the astral senses!
I don’t recommend forcing yourself to consume it if it makes you feel uncomfortable!

2 Likes

strong coffee does work more efficiently and is not costly.but mugwort does maybe have some perks though when consumed in correct quantities…I drink coffee before meditating in night i go into deep trance and dont fall asleep too. But i cant deny magickal properties of herbs though.

I hope it’s not off-topic but what about absinthe? Has anyone ever tried using absinthe instead of tea? I’m talking about real absinthe with a high content of thujone and not some colored chemical shit.

1 Like

I don’t know for sure, I first used that tea after I had been using my meditation technique for a long time to develope said senses. It is possible, but I cannot say for certain from my own experiences. If you are, I would advise looking into each herb individually (especially if you take medication) and make teas of each individual one to see how you react to each before using the blend. Keep in mind of dosage safety and all the usual precautions with working with plants.

1 Like

I’ve drank some home infused absinthe (basically the same herbs soaked in moonshine/other high alcohol grain liquor for a couple days) as part of a journeying ritual before. Not my favorite experience, but i think that had more to do with the alcohol than the actual herbs.

1 Like

Hm, I tried both making a tea out of it, and smoking it too - for smoking, I only got anything visual or sensual feedback after 6+ cigarettes in roughly an hour or 2. I usually drink 3 mugs of catnip+mugwort+camomile tea at night and sleep really deeply after that. I haven’t been keeping up with my dream journal, but from what I remember after waking up, it helps making dreams more vivid.

1 Like

Absinthe is made primarily of wormwood, I believe, rather than mugwort, though as a tincture there’s no reason you couldn’t do both and I’m sure many people do. I make my own gin the same way, I think the only difference is that gin has juniper berries in it or it’s not technically “gin”.

Wormwood-mugwort gin :thinking: … I feel a project coming on.

I love the smell of wormwood used as incense, and you can make tea out of that as well. Water and alcohol can dissolve different compounds (same reason vodka sauce is a bit different than tomato sauces using only water).

3 Likes

If i recall correctly, the exact herbs of the drink I had were Anise seeds and pods, Grand Wormwood, lemon peel, coriander, licorice root, and fennel with a splash of sugar cane juice after seeping.

Yeah, I think traditionally it has a lot of anise, but the important part is the Wormwood, or it’s not Absinthe, it would just be Sambucca.
Wormwood’s latin name is Artemisia absinthium.

TBH, I’m not sure there’s that much thujone (the psychoactive chemical in wormwood) to really matter. It’s an hallucinogen, but the levels are low, you’d probably get too wasted to notice a decent effect, nevertheless that’s what all the fuss is about legally.

I don’t like the flavour of anise so I’d leave that out myself, but it seems to be part of the historical development of the traditional drink and why it’s in a lot of commercial brands - this is exactly why I make my own infusions, the discovery and personalisation, as well as knowing the sources and ingredients are clean. Also, I can leave the refined sugar out and use low-GI sweeteners instead.

The scare gave it such a bad rep, if it hadn’t I bet there’d be as many different brands and varieties as gins and schapps.

This tutorial is quite fun to watch. :slight_smile:

Bit of Absinthe history

Dr. Ordinaire retreated from the French Revolution to settle in the small Swiss town of Couvet. While in Couvet, Dr. Ordinaire crafted a drinkable concoction using local herbs mixed with Artemisia absinthium , or wormwood, to produce an emerald green elixir rumored to cure everything from flatulence to anemia. Legend has it that Ordinaire passed down his absinthe recipe his deathbed. Five years later, Henri-Louis Pernod, father of the Pernod brand, opened his first absinthe distillery in Switzerland. In response to the popularity of Dr. Ordinaire’s wormwood potion, Pernod soon opened a larger distillery in Pontarlier, France, where absinthe would gain its international reputation as the drink of choice for artists, writers, and intellectuals.

2 Likes

You can use it to get clearer results when doing divination sessions, for example burning the herb or making some mugwort tea and letting the steam rise for a while.

It is most commonly used for astral projection, pathworkings and lucid dreaming, be sure not to have too much mugwort, as it is a mild hallucinogen

2 Likes

You’ve just opened a brand new world for me. Mugwort and wormwood are translated into the same word in my language. And of course, they are sold under the same name too, lol. All this time I’ve been thinking it’s one plant :rofl:

In my experience, it’s quite difficult to get drunk on absinthe but when it hits, it hits hard and weird. A person I know makes cocktails based on absinthe and there is a particular cocktail that makes people incredibly horny. He doesn’t use any meds but he is not sharing the recipe with anyone either. So I think there must be something.

But thank you and @Dralukmun for your answers. I now think it might not be the best idea to drink absinthe to communicate with spirits. Although maybe I’ll try it someday. In the worst-case scenario I’ll just get drunk, lol.

3 Likes

You can overdose on most herbs, even if they are not poisonous. Some can cause headaches or stomach pain.

The thing with herbs is that unlike artificially made medicine their strength varies from plant to plant. Did the plant get enough sunlight and water? How about the minerals? All these things influence the healing effect and the poison, and that makes herbs a little bit unpredictable.
And most herbs can cause some issues if you have certain health problems.
Always research first, never take them lightly because it’s “just” herbs.

You can overdose on peppermint tea too by the way.

3 Likes

Lol im probably in more danger with peppermint tea than mugwort

1 Like

For real though. You should not underestimate the effects of herbs.

:expressionless: I dont, I research

1 Like

@Mulberry, @anon10524665

Isn’t Mugwort and wormwood in the same family of artemisia, like sage?

1 Like