Movies/Tv series which present The occult in a positive way

O yeah very very deep they use real symbols from real books

1 Like

What about a series/film that portrays demons in positive way? I would be interested in that. I loved the new Maleficent film for that reason. She was always my favorite villain as a child.

3 Likes

Besides Hellboy all of the shows I can think of that potrayal demons positive are anime. I think it just boils down to them not being as influenced by christianity as much. Plus there are all the stories and traditions of supernatural beings coexisting with humans.

For example the little shrines to demons and land gods showing respect. Also the belief that gods and humans and other beings can become demons if they submit to darkness, accidentally from emotional trauma, loss of a loved one etc.

I can reccomend the best as far as sympathetic and emotional: Natsumeā€™s book of friends

ive seen a few and these next ones are on USA HULU if you have the service.

Blue excorcist, devil is a part timer (on hulu may still be on netflix), Devils and realist, Nura rise of the yokai clan,inuxboku ss, kamisama kiss, inuyasha, rage of baphomet

If you dont mind boob and panty shots theres the harem genre aimed at males but some of them have very well written and interesting demons.

High school dxd, To love ru, shuffle, rosario and vampire,

6 Likes

Not a movie or tv show but I highly recommend this book. Itā€™s basically the story of creation and the bible as told from the point of view of Lucifer. A very interesting read indeed, and itā€™s available on Amazon:

GG

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just seen the first episode of South Of Hell, and all though itā€™s quite dogmatic, itā€™s about demonic possession used as a tool to exorcise other demons possessing humans. The main character, played by Mena Suvari, has been possessed by a demon called ā€œAbigailā€, and when doing her exorcism, the demon feeds on the demons possessing other humans.

Just look at the poster! The image itself pretty much sums up the physical manifestation of a spirit in possession of a human. Internal, yet also external by a permanent possession. Spot on!

4 Likes

Iā€™d never heard of that, thanks! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

You should watch it. Itā€™s on HBO. This show seems to challenge the general dogma of demons, because the settings is in the ā€œBible Beltā€. Iā€™m about to watch the second episode now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It seems cool, Iā€™ll check it outā€¦

1 Like

If you want to watch a kick ass show about magic then look no further than American Gods

2 Likes

Fucking love lucifer!

3 Likes

I like that show, and Iā€™ve seen the first season. Itā€™s an awesome show. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Youā€™ve got good taste my friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Blue Exorcist and Natsume are the two I really do recommend, even though the latter is more Shinto than Western.

Anyone interested in alchemy might like Fullmetal Alchemist as well. Tons of Anime have really occult themes.

3 Likes

Alright I have to comment now Blue Exorcist was mentionedā€¦ hands down my favorite anime

And itā€™s like 50/50 where demons are shown in a good manner

1 Like

@SabahSnoblod mentioned Fullmetal Alchemist - definitely one of the more occult themed anime.

Just that scene where he is absorbing Godā€¦ man, that was the shit.

Also Code Geass. Not as clear as Fullmetal Alchemist, but you can find a shitload of occult themes if you look deep enough.

2 Likes

Irregular at Magic high school is interesting, focuses on the mix of tech and magic.

Gurren Lagann does an intestering job at poking at the malleable nature of reality and how to harness it.

2 Likes

Yes, Gurren had an interesting point. There were these aliens that didnā€™t like change. They wanted everything to remain the same or under a certain level so they could control it. Some people had ā€œspiralā€ power which represented change and life. This spiral power was unpredictable and the aliens decided it should be destroyed.

1 Like

Higher dimensional beings that aim to stifle the potential evolution of the rest of the cosmos cause of they perceive their way as how things vought to be. Why does this sound familar :thinking: :laughing:

Arhura mazda vs Ahriman

Using limits as a weapon
"Weā€™ll use the very fabric of space time to wipe them from existence!) Simon - Gurren Lagann

Focusing on the higher dimension self.
ā€œDont Believe in yourself! Believe in the you that i believe in!ā€ kamnia

Almost forgot they give a scary idea and good representation of the trap of the multidimensional labyrinth.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t watched it but Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic has a lot of goetic demons.

1 Like

It has goetic demons -jinn
The concepts of how universal forces can be wielded to cause of creation or destuction. Light and dark magoi
The battle of evolution - Aladdin/solomon vs stasis -al tharmen

A tribe a warriors who refer to the theses universal forces as chi and use it for physical combat

xD - anyone else notice a trend here :thinking:

1 Like