Moon Magic

The moon and creating powerful rituals is a way to enrich yourself with the rhythms of nature. There is a new moon each month, followed by a full moon two weeks later. The energy from the new moon builds over that two week period. The cycle has four distinct phases in every 30 day cycle:

New Moon:

New moons represent fresh starts and beginnings, a new moon marks the beginning of a new cycle. This is the time to start new intentions and goals. The new moon means the moon is invisible, the sky is dark, and thus full of potential. A great time to start from scratch begin your rituals for prosperity or future success and to invite new opportunity into your life.

First Quarter/Waxing Moon:

The moon is half illuminated and half dark, black shadowed. This is the time to take action, to do the work necessary to foster the intentions you’ve set during the new moon rituals. This is a time of strength, hard work, intention and energy. A good time to launch the challenging work required to actualize your desires in ritual.

Full Moon:

Full moons mark turning points, manifestations or closure. The moon is bright and illuminated. The moon shines down upon us from sunset to sunrise. Your energy and powers are strengthened with the full moon. This is a time to fulfill your rituals, anything is possible. A time to connect with higher powers and spirits of the Goetia. This is the culmination of all the work that has come before.

Last Quarter/Waning Moon:

The waning moon is about releasing. Letting go of what no longer serves you, cleansing, break free of bad habits. This is the time to create rituals for your desires on the approaching new moon. A great time to go inward for meditation.

There is tremendous power in harnessing the energy of the moon. Whether you want to improve your health, your career, or your relationships, the four phases of the moon are a path to manifestation. And when you align with these phases, you can work with natural forces to clarify and refine what you want. Overtime, when you commit to learning how to manifest with the moon, in all phases you are in sync with your rituals and environment.

29 Likes

I’m waiting for full moon at the city where I live… Feeling anxious…

2 Likes

so a love spell is more potent on a full moon or a new moon?

2 Likes

New moon. Many rituals for prosperity and love start with a new moon as the moon matures within a 30 day cycle your casting increases as the moon grows and increases coming into completion with the full moon.

4 Likes

If there’s one thing I stress (and there isn’t) it’s the importance of our closest ‘planet’. And the Moon is weird.

lawclerk Great, easy to follow post.

Al.

2 Likes

I replied to you in a different post.
The answer to your question is a lot more nuanced tbh.
What do you do if the moon is new but in the sign of aquarius?
Or if the moon is full and in the sign of cancer?
What if the moon is waxing, half crescent, and in the sign of Libra, and the moon will be exactly on the degree of the Great Spirit - Rigolon (known for love) and it’s a Thursday, not Friday?
There’s a lot to consider, and it depends a lot on what type of working you’re going to do.

1 Like

Knowledge is richness

1 Like

How true. This thread will hopefully help people learn to create unique moon rituals that carry power. The moon is a very real presence in our lives that can help orient us on the spiritual path.

2 Likes

Hello @lawclerk

Yes, I couldn’t agree more. This is great feedback for those who struggle with manifesting. Before doing a spell or petition, I Always check the moon phase, planetary day, and planetary hour. I make sure everything is in alignment with the spell or petition I am working on.

2 Likes

I believe that we live in a multidimensional universe and the veils between worlds are thinner during the full moon because the energy is so much more powerful…

2 Likes

Well, a lot of my petitions spells that have been fulfilled were done during the full moon. But, I did a petition Spell with Opfaal during the new moon and within 3 hours I was getting answers. I was like alright. You ain’t playing lol :joy:

2 Likes

Great post! Bookmarked, thank you. Most successful manifestations I’ve experienced did happen during the full moon and new moon, whether I was aware of it at the time or not.

2 Likes

Congrats great results that work. To be honest many debate the full moon or moon eclipses (Blood Moon) that are considered a time for amplified spellwork. Folklore about moon magic and lunar eclipses indicates that these events have always been closely observed and celebrated and increase the power of any castings. It certainly has a powerful psychological effect especially if you are outside and can experience the moon or eclipses while doing a ritual.

Ancient rituals based around the phases of the moon or lunar and solar eclipses abound, and demonstrates people’s fascination with what happens in the sky. The bottom line is beliefs! If you believe that the moon or planetary events have an effect on spells and castings then perform the ritual with added effect, full moon rituals have worked for me, so I hope the thread helps with your rituals.

2 Likes

Many thanks. TBH I have bought a lot of books on the general subject of magick/Wicca, as well as grimoires/books of shadows. But much of the rules, rituals, ingredients, equipment, and timings (sabbats, solstices, equinoxes, full/new/dark moons) which are at the very least expected (and often strictly required) were daunting, difficult, impractical, expensive or unavailable, or required waiting and precise timing. I thought I would condense some of what I have learned to help people to perform rituals or just general knowledge.