Effects of moon in curses

is it right to do curses on waxing moon, full moon , or waning moon,?

5 Likes

For baneful castings my opinion would be to start your ritual on a full moon. This is when the earth is caught between the moon and the sun, having the most powerful energies of the moon cycle.

Any magick can be done under a full moon with extra potency, and added effect if you believe in the powers of the moon cycles. Full moons mark turning points, manifestations or closure. The moon is bright and illuminated. The moon shines down upon us from sunset to sunrise. Your energy and powers are strengthened with the full moon. This is a time to fulfill your rituals, anything is possible. A time to connect with higher powers and spirits of the Goetia.

7 Likes

Law clerk is correct, but if it is urgent the best time to do it is now. I do things this way, because when someone does something bad enough to me to warrant a curse, I do it while the wound is fresh after thinking about it for maybe a day or two, but really feelings fade over time, and you may just talk yourself out of it, giving them a chance to do it again. Planning like law clerk said is great, but if you have an urgent need do it as soon as possible.

3 Likes

The magician who taught me, always said to follow the moon cycles when possible, but he said the moon is the moon, it’s the same size no matter what part of it you can see.

3 Likes

And also, you want to always check what sign the moon is in, waxing full or new. The best two signs in my opinion for curses, are Taurus- if you need it to be nasty and to get the job done, and Scorpio lol, if you’re feeling particularly :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I have done a number of rituals outside with a full moon and it is a breath taking experience as it certainly has a powerful psychological effect as well, especially if you are outside and can experience the moon while doing a ritual in it’s full glory.

2 Likes

Oh yea, I know what you mean. In my situation, I have neighbors that live very close, so doing it outside isn’t an option. I do sometimes go out to the country and do full moon rituals, wish I could go more often.

1 Like

That’s understandable. It sounds like you have studied European witchcraft and elemental magic as I have. Have fun and success with your castings.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like