Max’s Crackhouse Expeditions

Psychopomp counter 9. Helped some kid get over some really strange body modifications that kept happening, the most healing I’ve had to do. He started out as a hysterical boy with a bowlcut, sort of hysteric in the same way the man above was. But he was just scared and confused. Used a tad bit of mental manipulation to calm him down after insistent consoling, brought him to a lot of different springs and whatnot. He changed a lot. Morbidly. Like someone took him in spore creature creator and fucked with his limbs. Had to fuse a part of himself into him that he completely rejected, a very feminine, ape-like in nature (??) person. He eventually grew bigger and bigger, like goliath, but it was all apart of the process. In the end he was just this naked little boy (and I mean little, I did NOT want to see that) who’s afterlife was a ship at sea (we were in the gally). He offered me a strange kabob that was just food, I ate it. I sort of felt texture?? But ultimately it was so subtle I didn’t taste it at all. Looked good. Offered more, but I said no thanks and left him, he was safe.

He looked like he was three. Very odd.

Anyways, little guy said I could come back whenever I feel like it.

2 Likes

Counter: 10.

Strange guy, then he was shockingly normal after some healing. His afterlife had two wacky (more life adventurous and quirky) parents and it was, like, a really long bridge leading to a jungle island. The fall from the bridge was cloudy, as if we were in the sky.

I was given a small, and I mean TINY blue diamond that “takes me somewhere unholy.”

I asked Hist if I should go there. With a smile, he says, “Absolutely”.

Also, asked hist for a form since my astral form is really inconsistent and he made me this weird anime lania. I guess I know what the snake likes to see.

1 Like

Ugh.

The “unholy place” was to this annoying guy with a goat head. Stupidly powerful, but he basically messed with me for the majority of the visit. Then he basically said, “Knowledge is power, because you have the philosopher’s stone and you don’t know how to use it. Power is what we have, knowledge is how to use it, and skill is how good you are at using it. Wisdom is knowing you have power.”

I knew that. But there was symbolism. He says, “So many people expect us to give them power. You already have it.

Giant goat head, I think he was Baphomet or pretending to be him.

First thing he did was plop me on the side of his throne and ask who I was. He already knew.

Then he messed with my form a lot, basically messed with me in whatever way he felt like it.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Im sorry but I find this to be hilarious. Rofl
Baphomet is a riot. I wonder who you’ll meet next? Good luck with helping others, just remember to take a breather every now and then.
Dont burn yourself out.
Im off to try to invoke King Belial again, last night I finally heard his voice, but then I fell out of meditation :expressionless:

1 Like

Dealt with another one, except he was actually just an asshole who punched me in the face once he was in the afterlife for “touching him without him allowing me”

He was a deranged weird statue doll that looked like tingle when I found him. I picked him up because he wasn’t even sentient enough to move.

So I kicked his ass. Colonel Z was slightly peeved but he ultimately apologized and asked me to simply tell him next time without breaking someone’s astral ribs. He doesn’t let me get away without a gift. I mean, I like the gifts, but it almost feels excessive, like I’m stealing. He shakes my hand and the vial looks like it has layers of neapolitan ice cream in it. He’s just happily waving as I realize what he’s done, as the afterlife around me fades into darkness. Cheeky bastard.

Hist described the vial as “Sends you a friend.”
He thinks I should drink it now. Will keep you updated.

1 Like

I am actually full of energy rn.

I dunno if he’s Baphomet, Hist doesn’t know for sure, but thinks he isn’t.

1 Like

Well the Baphomet mimic is hilarious. I wonder if he does parties?

"My name is ???! I run psychopomp diagnostics! You’ve been doing well so far, but I actually have a questionnaire for you to fill out. As a result, we’ll send you a “friend” that we think best suits your needs.

1.Where do you like to sleep? “My bed, or on the floor in weird positions.” (What’s your favorite position in bed?) “On my right side, because I’m deaf in my left ear.”

1. What is your favorite bed-time snack?
    I actually have no idea. Pizza? Cheese-its (even though they’re horrible). I usually just get water before bed. (That’s not a good answer!) Truffle mac n’ cheese.
  2. What is the point of living?
    Fun and fulfillment.
  3. What is the point of dying?
    Doing it again! But I also think variation is important, and the infinite cycle of life and death often breed things no one could fathom. My idea is this; if you’re living just fine and you can solve it when you aren’t, there’s no point in dying? None.
  4. Now, what do you think about killing?
    I think that my sense of morality attached to killing is being challenged a lot lately. I think killing is a thing that you should only do when you need to get rid of someone and that’s the best way for you. I think it should be a serious decision.
  5. Finally, what is your favorite color?
    Obviously pink.

Thank you for taking this questionnaire brought to you by whatever mad god designed the modern psychopomp system! (Hint hint, he likes to run)
Bye!

2 Likes

I found him annoying as I was just trying to get info out of him and I wasn’t having much fun being turned into a dancing abomination.

1 Like

I understand, I wouldn’t like that either, but it’ll be hilarious when watching it happen to someone else. Lol, there is some people I want to prank, this would be perfect.
If theres a next time, try to turn the tables and do that to them, see how they like it, you have the necessary power, you just need to use it.

Also I found out why im incarnated on earth, its to learn some lessons, apparently King Belial wont just let one spend all there time, in his army fighting, they must grow as a person as well.
This is my 2nd life, 2 more to go before im done with this set. :joy:

I got an infinite scroll of “truth” displaying first, what appears to be a map, and then infinite murals of beasts. I’ll let the Hist, our fateful scribe, explain.

“It’s a scroll of truths. Not of the future or past, not even strictly of the present. It shows many pieces of our world, important ones with stories to tell. The scroll stretch as long as the stories do, and in each mural lies a place we can interact and be. It is an infinite path of progression ending in what I can only assume is madness or the realization that there is no need to continue. They are not rare, they are as infinite as they stretch. One must simply seek them out.”

I’ll come back with more details.

It has a chinese air about it. I got it from a chinese woman, actually, who seemed to know the strength of what she was giving me.

Every time I think I can get away without a gift if I try.

A golden cane of golden light that shines upon the world as a piece of the past, shrouded in the distant folly of a war torn country. It’s a metaphor, and it’s there. It is held and doesn’t do anything. It’s just flashy. Completely pointless.

That wasn’t fun. I’m not gonna do this scroll anymore.

This was a funny joke. The journey was pointless and boring and it ended with the realization there was no need to continue. If I did, madness out of how boring it is would ensue.

1 Like

You’re very open and vulnerable about your pitfalls. I admire that a lot. Many people think that “occultist” means dick and they carry on that way. I’m going to learn a lot from this journal.

2 Likes

There is no real need to dive into the scrolls except to experience some new stuff. I’m gonna keep this in my etheric stash, but I’ll probably never open it again.

@anon59886753
I really appreciate that. Thank you.

I was offered a potion that “makes you single”. I declined, disgusted internally.

Psychopomp counter: 13

I keep getting offered potions and vials. I sense a pattern.

1 Like

14, breaks your chains. I don’t have any, storing it for later.

14 was a literal mouse who just died. Fun stuff, people. On the bright side, all he needed was a pat on his weird mouse back to be fine to go.

Add 28 to the counter. I’m not even kidding, ghost diners exist and I found a chef.

Why do I is real

No kidding, a ton of elderly folk had to be dragged into a “Group healing” which worked just fine. I did a few rites, put them in giant springs etc. I just asked for someone who needs help and now I’m standing in the middle of a diner. I ding a cup with a spoon and I’m just like, “Who wants to pass on!?”

Got a lot of elderly on board. I even managed to escape 28 consecutive presents.

Colonel Z fucking DRAGGED me into a door, and met me with a smile. He said he had something to show me, and “Don’t worry, I’m not giving you anything.”

He lied. Opened up a zipper into a marshy land of green. I met a giant, obese, etheric man. A circle of indescribable energy surrounded me and from it reached his hands, pulling me to meet him.

He told me to stop worrying, that this was normal and even customary, and it’s something the greatful do when they finally get to pass on, as it means so much to them. He gave me something.

Another vial. Seemed normal. Told me to hold it to my heart for a moment. Supposedly, when I drink this, it will tell me my deepest desire. I’ll keep you updated.

Psychopomp counter: 42 (What the FUCK, I never stop getting surprised.)

1 Like