Make Your Voice Heard On E.A.'s Complete Works

[quote=“Seeker, post:3, topic:1060”]I’m sorry guys, I just don’t agree with them being released as eBooks. The reason is because those of us who paid for the Complete Works didn’t have the option of buying them as eBooks at the time. And I don’t really think its fair considering (I assume) that they will cost much less.

If they are sold for the same price as the physical copies, fair enough.[/quote]

You can sell your Complete Works now on eBay for more than you paid for it. But the thousands of people to come who had never heard of EA at the time the book was released shouldn’t ever be able to read it because you might feel slighted? What if I decide to donate my copy to your public library?

I don’t see how Ryan is being an asshole for expressing his opinion.

Anyway, now that you (and a few others) have admitted to downloading E.A.'S work illegally but think he should get paid for it…
" I’d rather EA got the buck he deserves for it."

You can send him money via PayPal to ease your conscience.

Just saying.

^^^^ What he said.

Magick defends itself, we are the ones at its mercy not the other way around around as everyone here seems to be perceiving it. Even if the complete works with the oaa material was released and one million people acquired it they wouldn’t all become a magus nor would all of them even work through it. You would have a very very small amount of people who the material would speak to and lead to godhood, the rest would just sit there living their usual mundane lives and watching television. Who are we to decide the fate of those who are destined for godhood in the first place? I say release the material and let the currents lead those who are worthy to the teachings. I myself spent many years digging through online garbage and books on wiccan necromancy to no avail for a long time and it would have been amazing to just find one book that could lead me from shit to legit… Basically if they’re going to learn these skills then they’re going to learn them anyway, why not save them some time

[quote=“Azesiel, post:142, topic:1060”]I don’t see how Ryan is being an asshole for expressing his opinion.

Anyway, now that you (and a few others) have admitted to downloading E.A.'S work illegally but think he should get paid for it…
" I’d rather EA got the buck he deserves for it."

You can send him money via PayPal to ease your conscience.

Just saying.[/quote]

As far i understood, illegal pdf’s on the internet didnt make E.A. loose any money. Since leilah or whatever is an asshole.

Well said Necro, a very good argument. That’s why I love this place.

Well if there’s more ways for this information to be released and more people get to learn it, then why not do it? Hell, I came upon my copy of Evoking Eternity by chance really (looking up books on forbidden techniques and found it on Amazon for $25) and from there I was a fan of E.A. My friend was also kind enough to get me a copy of The Book of Azazel, too. I’d love all the other books, even as ebooks. Sure me wanting them has something to deal with me being for this release, but I still think that the information being released like this is really more than fare either way. And if he decides to, then what can you really do about it? (Though, granted, we’re all magicians here, but you know what I mean)

Will you also release the OAA papers, letters, etc... as well?

No.

[quote=“Timothy, post:148, topic:1060”]

Will you also release the OAA papers, letters, etc… as well?

No.[/quote]

:frowning:

EAK`s books should be available in BOTH WAYS.

And specially “The Complete Works of EAK” as a great physical true book.
You may print it again in a pre-paid mode.

THANK YOU !

Just print your e-books and be thankful you got that.

Greetings,

I was going to save this for another post totally, however, I feel that as both an avid collector & adept must share:

1. I first came to this forum (the ONLY one I go to anymore) 4 months ago and here found out about TCW. Prior to this, I invested in BofA and EE. Was I pissed that I missed out on the hardbound book…TCW? Fuck yes.

What did I do? Well, if I really believe in any of this shit (it’s not shit…I’m building my drama here) why wouldn’t I use my skills to acquire a copy of TCW through Magick rather than bitching about it.

I did.

Interestingly, all the methods I used to acquire a copy of TCW I got from you guys!!! I did it all through Sigil Magick and a very strong desire. I acquired the $ that I wanted AND interestingly enough…I purchased the TCW from a fellow BALG Forum member unbeknownst to me at the time of inquiry. I believe that the spirits are guiding me and have guided me. Necro is right The people that are meant to have TCW will.

Jesus, we’re supposed to be the blackest of the black right? If so, conjur and get the money and buy the fucking book for $2,000 - $5,000 whatever. I’m just speaking for myself here. I knew for ME, that I was going to get this Text no matter what the cost because after really getting into this portion of my Path I immediately saw the value in it.

Now, I don’t know what Timothy and EA’s business acumen is, or what their professional backgrounds are, or what their future plans are for BALG. As a long-time sales & marketing professional what I personally would’ve like to have seen or see in the future is this:

1. All future text releases from BALG Publishing released in 3 editions
  • Standard
  • Fine (limited edition) - consecrated & sigilized by author
  • Unlimited paperback

From my perspective the above model seems to work (no I’m not a publisher, nor do I know anything about the publishing industry). And I say that from my perspective as a customer. This is why I really love and respect Scarlet Imprint. They are meeting everyone’s budget and intention.

Also, over this past year I’ve seen this within The Occult publishing world from the perspective of the buyer, look at Dark Harvest Publications, they are making their future texts available for more people.

I must admit this is what I really like about Nephilim too, however they really need to do a better job with customer service and notifying customers about their Fine editions.

The shift that I see is delivering #1. High Quality PRACTICAL and APPLICABLE information at a very affordable price within the mid-market. The mid-market being the “standard texts” for under a $100. The average price point I’ve seen and paid for is $60…shipping included.

Anyways, what the fuck do I know, I do know that I’m obsessed with Occult Books/knowledge because I know that these are not BOOKS. These are gateways to full-on realization. With that being said:

If you want a actual hardbound copy of TCW and you THINK you can’t afford it…you won’t. You must first decide that you WILL acquire a copy at ANY COST. Then just fucking work your Magick and get a copy man.

Guys, I’m not saying that I’m all that…I’m not. I make NO false claims about myself or my abilities. I’m very open and not ashamed to say that I’m a neophyte with this stuff…really. I came to the Magick side rather late by some standards. I took a keen interest in Magick 4 years ago with not much success. I keep emphasizing this just to say that the ONLY thing I have going for me right now, is I have more enthusiasm for making changes in my life than I do skill and a bad-ass avatar!

Anyways…

The books are out there on ebay. They will only go up in price. Get one now while they are still around $1,000-$1,500. The book is well worth the money. 8 books +the OAA exercises…no brainier…
OR do what TWF said.

kirsten at the support at zendesk just confirmed that they will release an ebook version later this year!

Epic!! Anyone have any idea how much they will cost?

Its good to know that the ebook version will be released. I would choose the ebooks option too, so if the ebooks are unlimited, we have more time to save money to buy it (since some of us, me included, are going through a rough time regarding the economic crisis and such)… so everybody can buy them, sooner or later. But well, it is just my humble opinion.

What about sharing? If the more experienced have gone through the books, including TCW countless times, almost knowing them by heart, what about lending them to others? Now, I know the opinion from the author, that there is a side to selling them perhaps, other authors distribute zines or whatnot.
I also know my opinion, that I am a bibliophile. Whether I read a book one or many times, it is on my shelf to stay, my OReilley tech books and Harvard Classics are good examples. Until I’m hard up for money, they’re on my shelf to stay.
I like Modes suggestion – find them by working the magic!

And Mode is correct – MAGIC WORKS!!

I Think E.A Koetting Should Release The Book Of Complete Works Again.I Didnt Get A Fair Chance To Order. So In October He Should Make The Preorders Available For The Holidays. Maybe If He Put Some Extra Writings Like A Deluxe Complete Works People That Ordered The First Time Will Order Again.I Think He Should Add His Own Book On Voudon Since TSGB Cannot Be Republished. Besides I Think His Books Will End Up In Barnes Nobles.

If you really want a copy there are several ways to obtain one, NONE of those ways involve complaining about it not being fair. You could also wait until the ebooks are released, print them on fine paper and have it professionally bound so that your the sole owner of a one of a kind edition.

I’ve obtained out of print books by scouring the web for online antique book dealers, book sections of occult forums and eBay. Using magick to help you find the one for you as well as help supply you with the means to purchase the book is always helpful.

But complaining and hoping the author/publisher breaks his word to his established customers and reprints a book he vowed not to may work out for you too.

[quote=“TheWanderingFool, post:159, topic:1060”]If you really want a copy there are several ways to obtain one, NONE of those ways involve complaining about it not being fair. You could also wait until the ebooks are released, print them on fine paper and have it professionally bound so that your the sole owner of a one of a kind edition.

I’ve obtained out of print books by scouring the web for online antique book dealers, book sections of occult forums and eBay. Using magick to help you find the one for you as well as help supply you with the means to purchase the book is always helpful.

But complaining and hoping the author/publisher breaks his word to his established customers and reprints a book he vowed not to may work out for you too. [/quote]

You could always study hard core until you find out how to overwrite reality so that you live in a universe where EA reprinted the book. But if you get to that point where you could literally shape the world to your liking would you really need the book anymore?