Let's get physical

This guy is worth watching. Watch everything in his channel.

2 Likes

It wasn’t easy. I have a lot of family who are diabetics, including my father. I just got tired of being 220 pounds, exhausted all the time, and suffering with sugar issues. When you finally have had enough, you’ll make the changes. Keep your head up. You’re beautiful no matter what. :blush:

2 Likes

Cook with coconut oil too. The triglycerides in it help with weight loss. Also, look into HIIT.

2 Likes

I’m ok weight wise doing really good but now I gotta put in the work to stay healthy

3 Likes

Knowing is the first step to change. Awesome!! :wink:

For me it was family genetics and a stupid shot I got after I had my first son. It took 16 years for that shot to finally leave my system. The shot was a birth control shot that had completely killed my metabolism. I actually gained more weight after I got that shot and couldn’t lose any, worth my life.

Now I’m back to the same size I was before I had children. :blush:

3 Likes

Maybe give this a shot, baby girl:

3 Likes

If I drop one more size I will be too :smile:

2 Likes

Aww thank you Daddy :rose: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Two words…push ups. Great exercise that works a lot of muscles including your core.

1 Like

Cool thread. If you don’t feel like doing hours of hardcore workout routines, even just a ten to twenty minute walk every day can do wonders for your state of mind and general health. :+1:

Overall, though, from my understanding diet is more important than exercise (at least when it comes to losing weight). Try to stay away from carbs (I know, they’re delicious :cry:) and intermittent fasting helps (I skip breakfast, but if you still want to eat it then keep it small and go for more protein than carbs).

3 Likes

I can’t skip meals…it actually helps my sugar levels if I pretty much nibible on something all day. …

If I skip meals it drops too low and then it takes alot to get it back where it needs to be…

If I eat bigger meals because I skipped a meal then it goes too high.

It’s better for me if I make the right food choices but eat nibbles almost all day. It stays at good place and level, the ups and downs really mess with me.

4 Likes

Get some chalk, or duct tape, mark sigils and stuff on the floor, step from one point to another like single-plane step aerobics maybe, for the length of one short song, then increase time? :smiley:

Should be quite low-impact if you do bare feet and indoors, not thudding a trainered heel down on a hard gym.

3 Likes

That’s such a good idea I used to do step aerobics at the ymca … I forgot how much I enjoyed that …thanks Eva :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im gonna try incorperating this into my staff workouts :alien: should be interesting since my practice already has an effect on what these turn into at times as i use them both for working out and for grounding.

2 Likes

Ah, fair enough. I only mentioned intermittent fasting because apparently it can work well with diabetics depending on your type and whether or not you take medication for it:

But yeah, if skipping meals knocks you out just try to stay away from carbs. Apparently low-carb diets can be pretty effective at resolving diabetes too for some folks (gets their blood sugar levels into a non-diabetic range without the help of medication).

1 Like

I’m doing burpees and walking for exercise, and I plan on re-examining my diet. I’m gonna be lean and mean when I’m done.

But yeah, burpees are insane with how much they can do. They lean and tone muscle, burn a fuckton of fat/calories, and they don’t fuck your joints too bad.

3 Likes

I can testify to The benefit of watching carbohydrate intake for weight loss. The most important thing is to stay away from the simple carbohydrates, which unfortunately is found in most of the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.). Eat lots more fresh vegetables and decent quality meat (not hot dogs, bologna, etc.). Steer clear of artificial sweeteners. I could go on and on.

2 Likes

been cutting sugar from my diet for a few months, from one day to the other, was used to drinking soda every day and now im strictly drinking cold water.
now I just have the cans stuck in my fridge kinda, dunno what to do with them

1 Like

Years ago the situation improved, but I guess I’m still underweight. Yesterday I resumed push-ups (and at every beginning I can do only a few of them) although, being that I like to have a “small routine”, I’m a bit undecided between that exercise or using dumbbells.

1 Like

He you go we don’t want Gym idiots.