Let's get physical

Ok guys I wanna get my blubber butt in shape.

Most of you know I’m diabetic and so I have to be careful how I take care of myself. Which I have come along way but there’s more to do.

I’ve dropped the diet sodas which are really bad. But I’m gradually cutting back and drinking more water. Lots more water.

But now I need to move it before I lose it :joy:
So I was thinking of getting in some exercises especially now that the weather is nicer.
I want to walk a certain amount every day and gradually increase it.
Also do some crunches. …
So whose with me?

Let’s set some goals and …motivate each other to stay healthy.

:muscle::+1::sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

Sure. I want a six pack.

4 Likes

A good place to start is bodybuilding.com. They have a ton of free workouts and nutrition plans. And you can customize what you’re looking for. They have every level too.

Oops. Am I allowed to put that? I’m not affiliated with the site in any way.

4 Likes

Apps like My Fitness Pal could be useful.

2 Likes

Your six pack

16 Likes

I was pre-diabetic a few years ago. I cut down on carbs, started eating granola bars and beef sticks. I nibbled on them during the day until supper time. At supper I ate a large portion of meat and veggies. I completely cut carbs out of my supper, except for the occasional white potato. My downfall was sweet tea. I’m originally from the South. I cut all other drinks from my diet, except water. I found a walking path near me that was two miles long one way. I walked four miles a day no matter what the weather. I ended up losing 50 pounds in about six months. My pre-diabetes went bye bye too.

3 Likes

My favorite haha.

I happen to actually be in the gym right this second. Make time, make it a habit. Results are only achieved by putting in work.

2 Likes

I think it’s ok… it’s not advertising other magick sites or anything

2 Likes

That’s awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually had a cough vhs tape cough …
That had amazing crunches routines i still remember it by heart so I can’t wait to work on that… but I need some good cardio too

1 Like

This guy is worth watching. Watch everything in his channel.

2 Likes

It wasn’t easy. I have a lot of family who are diabetics, including my father. I just got tired of being 220 pounds, exhausted all the time, and suffering with sugar issues. When you finally have had enough, you’ll make the changes. Keep your head up. You’re beautiful no matter what. :blush:

2 Likes

Cook with coconut oil too. The triglycerides in it help with weight loss. Also, look into HIIT.

2 Likes

I’m ok weight wise doing really good but now I gotta put in the work to stay healthy

3 Likes

Knowing is the first step to change. Awesome!! :wink:

For me it was family genetics and a stupid shot I got after I had my first son. It took 16 years for that shot to finally leave my system. The shot was a birth control shot that had completely killed my metabolism. I actually gained more weight after I got that shot and couldn’t lose any, worth my life.

Now I’m back to the same size I was before I had children. :blush:

3 Likes

Maybe give this a shot, baby girl:

3 Likes

If I drop one more size I will be too :smile:

2 Likes

Aww thank you Daddy :rose: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Two words…push ups. Great exercise that works a lot of muscles including your core.

1 Like

Cool thread. If you don’t feel like doing hours of hardcore workout routines, even just a ten to twenty minute walk every day can do wonders for your state of mind and general health. :+1:

Overall, though, from my understanding diet is more important than exercise (at least when it comes to losing weight). Try to stay away from carbs (I know, they’re delicious :cry:) and intermittent fasting helps (I skip breakfast, but if you still want to eat it then keep it small and go for more protein than carbs).

3 Likes