La Santisima Muerte (Tutorial)

Thought I might as well drum up some interest for mi madrina. People keep asking me in pm about her so now I can just direct everyone here!
First off, Who is La Santisima Muerte? She is the personification/manifestation of your very own Death. She’s your reaper. It may seem strange to most westerners that someone would actually venerate the entity that’s going to end you. But Santisima Muerte manifested in a Mexican cultural background. Death isn’t treated so grimly. Día de los muertos is a celebration of the spirits of the dead in Mexico. It’s pretty common for families to visit graves and have parties. They bring out food, beer, mariachi players, it’s quite a sight to see. It is this culture that Santisima Muerte manifested. No wonder, huh? Along With the Mexican reverence for the dead, you also get Catholicism. This is another aspect of Mexican culture that Santisima Muerte manifested through. Not only is she Death personified, but she is Death personified AS A SAINT. Santisima comes from “Santa”. Santa can either mean “Holy” or “Saint” (ie Santa Barbara is Saint Barbara). La Santisima is, unlike many other saints, not canonized. That means she is recognized as a saint by the catholic church or any other Christian denomination. That makes her a folk saint. She can be approached for practically anything, wealth to courts to cursing to healing, she is very much all purpose. But you don’t simply ask “Santisima muerte”, you petition her through her robes. Who are the robes? La Santisima Muerte has three traditional robe colours that she wears. White (La Niña Blanca), Red (La Niña Roja), and Black (La Niña Negra). These are the three original robes. Since her introduction into botanicas, she has been given many others, but they are unnecessary. The three robe system covers almost all desires. La Niña Blanca was born the moment Life was. She is the eldest and sits beside God in Heaven. She can help in any thing wherein the natural order has been broken. She can break any magical working, cleanse you of negativity, and effect powerful cures of diseases. La Blanca must be covered in workings with La Negra. La Roja is the red robe. She is commonly thought to be a love sorcereress. While she may work somewhat in that capacity, her office is in material desires in general. Her robe isthe color of blood, therefore the color of the living. She concerns herself with your terrestrial desires. Money, luck, courts, jobs, justice, etc. are under her power. What I want discuss particularly in relation to La Roja is her function as a love sorceress. If you want your ex to come back crawling on their knees, whipped into submission, and possibly mentally scarred, she’s your gal. But if your want to effect true reconciliation, move on. She is similar to the tranquil spirit in this regard. La Roja is also one of the “hot aspects”. La Blanca is cool, but La Roja is a burning fire. She is very capable of burning through shit that stands in your way. So be careful with her lest ye be burned. She was born when Adam and Eve first fucked. La Niña Negra is the most viscous and wild. She was born when Cain murdered Abel. Her offices are similar to La Blanca, she can protect from and break witchcraft. But, she can also crush enemies. La Negra’s work must not be witnessed by La, Blanca. For she alone goes down into hell and recruits the most vile of demons to do her dirty work. She will destroy those who’ve harmed you if you ask her, and she gives them exactly what they deserve. And if that be death, they will get death. Before one works with La Negra, they should have an Amparo with St Michael or St Cyprian in place and take cleansing baths afterwards to protect oneself from her corrosive presence.

Each person has a dominant robe in their life. This means that is the robe to whom you have the most affinity. It’s basically like in the ATRs, where some spirits walk with a person. When you find this out, you will place her statue in the middle of the other two as a standard “pose” for your altar.

The Opening Prayers These are used before any working or service to open the session and get her attention: 1 Our Father 3 Hail Marys 1 Glory Be Prayer to St Michael (St Michael the archangel, defend us in our day of battle etc.) And then: Almighty God, before your Divine Presence, (sign of the cross) in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I ask permission to invoke the Santisima Muerte. Holy and Powerful Mother, at this moment I beg for your presence and intervention. Through the great power, which God has given you, I beg of you to hear my prayers and grant me all the favors I ask of you until the last day, hour, and moment when the Divine Majesty shall call me before his presence. Santisima Muerte, beloved of my heart, do not abandon me without your protection. (Sign of the cross) In the name of the Father, the Son ,and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

When you wish to close the session, say three our fathers.

Statue You can start With a statue of La Blanca, then Roja, then Negra. The statues should be of a size that they will easily fit on her altar. Under 10 inches is good. Before using them in devotion, you must baptize them. This is so that La Santisima places her spirit within them. You do this by mixing catholic holy water, tap water, and siete machos perfume. Clean the statue of all dirt with a dry cloth. Then lean it over the bowl backwards and pour some water over her head, saying: In the name of the father, the son, and holy spirit. Amen. Blow cigarette smoke over it. Pray for her to inhabit the statue and receive devotion from you.

The Altar This is where La Santisima’s presence is cultivated in your life. It must be permanent and never be without offerings. This should be somewhat isolated from other altars. Except for spaces dedicated to her sister La Virgen de Guadalupe and/or St Michael. The altar should also be around waist height AT LEAST. Upon the altar you will place the statues of the robes (available at literally any botanica, she is very popular), a vase of flowers (preferably white), a glass of water, the Amparo, a plateof food (bread, sweets, and fruit), and an ash tray. Before you do this, you must consecrate it: Wash it with the same water used in her baptism. Dry it off. Take some white copal incense and burn it. Waft the smoke around the altar praying for La Santisima Muerte to purify and bless it. Complete the consecration by placing the statue upon it, anointing with siete machos perfume, and burning down a candle in her honor.

The Amparo This is such an important tool for people who wish to work with La Flaca. Remember, she is the personification of death. So naturally, she carries around death essence. While this is not necessary for regular devotion, it is for actual spellwork. In the beginning, it is recommended that you use the Amparo in all works. But as you become more acquainted with her, it can be reserved for works with La Negra. The Amparo is a protective pact made with St Michael or St Cyprian. They are called upon to keep you safe. To create this, you will need a red candle (for St Michael) or a purple candle for St, Cyprian. I prefer to use glass encased 7 day candles as they last longer. Get two holy cards of the saint you wish to protect you. Place them back to back with the images of the saint facing out. Tape three sides together. In between, slip in some hair through the fourth opening. Tape that up too. Place the candle on top on the altar. You work it by lighting it after the recitation of St Michael’s prayer during the opening prayers.

Devotional Service Pick a day out of the week where you can hold a regular session with her. I usually do it on Sunday night. Refresh the food/water as needed. You should have a non-offertory candle to burn that is the same color as your dominant robe. If you don’t know who that is, use white. You should also have one or two tea light candles to burn down as offerings. Have also a cigarette and copal incense. Start by lighting the non offertory candle and using the opening prayers. Begin burning the incense and the cigarette. Blow some smoke over Her image. Continue to smoke the cigarette as you talk and communicate with her. When you’re done, pray three our fathers and snuff out the non offertory candle.

Feast Days

Like any other Saint, La Santisima has feast days. There are two in fact. One is Good Friday. This is the day that God sent Her to reap Christ on the cross, her greatest honor. The second is Dia de Los Muertos, November 1St. To celebrate them, you can clean her altar, give new flowers (I use roses on Good Friday and marigolds on Nov 1St) and recite her rosary. And also, visit the cemetery and clean abandoned graves and leave offerings there for the dead.

Workings I’m not going to give any workings in this thread, but just some pointers. Before any working, invoke her by the opening prayers. When working a specific robe, move that statue to the middle of the three, always making sure La Negra is to La Blanca’s right. I’ve found that she’s very willing to let me ree write hoodoo workings to call upon her power instead. You can also find many workings in booklets at botanicas. Candle burning is one the most traditional and effective means of petitioning her. Especially nine days in a row. She also accepts the use of oil lamps, which were absorbed into the cult through interaction with Cuban Santeros (santeria practitioners). If your statue has a removable scythe, you can place them on top of enemy photographs. You can also wrap petition papers around the scythe and place them back in her hand. You can leave spell remains in the cemetery regardless of the spell’s intent as the cemetery is her home. Be careful with her! Be specific in your requests. She is a hot spirit and you don’t want her fire to get out of control. That’s all I can think of!

39 Likes

Excellent post, thank you!

I posted some questions on another thread about what determines the exact date we die, and I wondered whether you have any thoughts on this because of your specific knowledge - I hope this isn’t too off-topic, but if you feel it is, PM me and I’ll take this post down.

1. I’ve had a detailed birth chart made, and it was staggeringly accurate, and that was dictated by the precise time I was born - a week later or earlier, 12 hours later or earlier, does that mean my entire personality would be different? If so, my mother went into labour at that time and gave that final shove due to an almost incomprehensible cosmic web;

2. do we have a “death horoscope” - does the placement of the planets, even the constellations, at our time of death affect our post-life fate? Do we have that same connection? Everything in the universe seems purposeful from what I’ve seen, be almost astonishing if the coming-in stars were pre-ordained, the ones for when we leave/enter different realms are just left to chance…

3. do the choices that lead to our specific death (smoking crack and getting knifed in prison, dying in childbirth, dying aged 110 after a lifetime of good works and moderate living) somehow lead us towards our death horoscope?

I’d love to hear any thoughts you have on this topic.

7 Likes

In all honesty, I don’t know.
I do know that with Santa Muerte, working with one robe over another tends to color the way one dies. Or it may be that is preordained and the color of affinity simply reveals the way you will die.

1 Like

[quote=“Euoi, post:1, topic:2865”]Thought I might as well drum up some interest for mi madrina. People keep asking me in pm about her so now I can just direct everyone here!
First off, Who is La Santisima Muerte? She is the personification/manifestation of your very own Death. She’s your reaper. It may seem strange to most westerners that someone would actually venerate the entity that’s going to end you. But Santisima Muerte manifested in a Mexican cultural background. Death isn’t treated so grimly. Día de los muertos is a celebration of the spirits of the dead in Mexico. It’s pretty common for families to visit graves and have parties. They bring out food, beer, mariachi players, it’s quite a sight to see. It is this culture that Santisima Muerte manifested. No wonder, huh? Along With the Mexican reverence for the dead, you also get Catholicism. This is another aspect of Mexican culture that Santisima Muerte manifested through. Not only is she Death personified, but she is Death personified AS A SAINT. Santisima comes from “Santa”. Santa can either mean “Holy” or “Saint” (ie Santa Barbara is Saint Barbara). La Santisima is, unlike many other saints, not canonized. That means she is recognized as a saint by the catholic church or any other Christian denomination. That makes her a folk saint. She can be approached for practically anything, wealth to courts to cursing to healing, she is very much all purpose. But you don’t simply ask “Santisima muerte”, you petition her through her robes. Who are the robes? La Santisima Muerte has three traditional robe colours that she wears. White (La Niña Blanca), Red (La Niña Roja), and Black (La Niña Negra). These are the three original robes. Since her introduction into botanicas, she has been given many others, but they are unnecessary. The three robe system covers almost all desires. La Niña Blanca was born the moment Life was. She is the eldest and sits beside God in Heaven. She can help in any thing wherein the natural order has been broken. She can break any magical working, cleanse you of negativity, and effect powerful cures of diseases. La Blanca must be covered in workings with La Negra. La Roja is the red robe. She is commonly thought to be a love sorcereress. While she may work somewhat in that capacity, her office is in material desires in general. Her robe isthe color of blood, therefore the color of the living. She concerns herself with your terrestrial desires. Money, luck, courts, jobs, justice, etc. are under her power. What I want discuss particularly in relation to La Roja is her function as a love sorceress. If you want your ex to come back crawling on their knees, whipped into submission, and possibly mentally scarred, she’s your gal. But if your want to effect true reconciliation, move on. She is similar to the tranquil spirit in this regard. La Roja is also one of the “hot aspects”. La Blanca is cool, but La Roja is a burning fire. She is very capable of burning through shit that stands in your way. So be careful with her lest ye be burned. She was born when Adam and Eve first fucked. La Niña Negra is the most viscous and wild. She was born when Cain murdered Abel. Her offices are similar to La Blanca, she can protect from and break witchcraft. But, she can also crush enemies. La Negra’s work must not be witnessed by La, Blanca. For she alone goes down into hell and recruits the most vile of demons to do her dirty work. She will destroy those who’ve harmed you if you ask her, and she gives them exactly what they deserve. And if that be death, they will get death. Before one works with La Negra, they should have an Amparo with St Michael or St Cyprian in place and take cleansing baths afterwards to protect oneself from her corrosive presence.

Each person has a dominant robe in their life. This means that is the robe to whom you have the most affinity. It’s basically like in the ATRs, where some spirits walk with a person. When you find this out, you will place her statue in the middle of the other two as a standard “pose” for your altar.

The Opening Prayers These are used before any working or service to open the session and get her attention: 1 Our Father 3 Hail Marys 1 Glory Be Prayer to St Michael (St Michael the archangel, defend us in our day of battle etc.) And then: Almighty God, before your Divine Presence, (sign of the cross) in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I ask permission to invoke the Santisima Muerte. Holy and Powerful Mother, at this moment I beg for your presence and intervention. Through the great power, which God has given you, I beg of you to hear my prayers and grant me all the favors I ask of you until the last day, hour, and moment when the Divine Majesty shall call me before his presence. Santisima Muerte, beloved of my heart, do not abandon me without your protection. (Sign of the cross) In the name of the Father, the Son ,and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

When you wish to close the session, say three our fathers.

Statue You can start With a statue of La Blanca, then Roja, then Negra. The statues should be of a size that they will easily fit on her altar. Under 10 inches is good. Before using them in devotion, you must baptize them. This is so that La Santisima places her spirit within them. You do this by mixing catholic holy water, tap water, and siete machos perfume. Clean the statue of all dirt with a dry cloth. Then lean it over the bowl backwards and pour some water over her head, saying: In the name of the father, the son, and holy spirit. Amen. Blow cigarette smoke over it. Pray for her to inhabit the statue and receive devotion from you.

The Altar This is where La Santisima’s presence is cultivated in your life. It must be permanent and never be without offerings. This should be somewhat isolated from other altars. Except for spaces dedicated to her sister La Virgen de Guadalupe and/or St Michael. The altar should also be around waist height AT LEAST. Upon the altar you will place the statues of the robes (available at literally any botanica, she is very popular), a vase of flowers (preferably white), a glass of water, the Amparo, a plateof food (bread, sweets, and fruit), and an ash tray. Before you do this, you must consecrate it: Wash it with the same water used in her baptism. Dry it off. Take some white copal incense and burn it. Waft the smoke around the altar praying for La Santisima Muerte to purify and bless it. Complete the consecration by placing the statue upon it, anointing with siete machos perfume, and burning down a candle in her honor.

The Amparo This is such an important tool for people who wish to work with La Flaca. Remember, she is the personification of death. So naturally, she carries around death essence. While this is not necessary for regular devotion, it is for actual spellwork. In the beginning, it is recommended that you use the Amparo in all works. But as you become more acquainted with her, it can be reserved for works with La Negra. The Amparo is a protective pact made with St Michael or St Cyprian. They are called upon to keep you safe. To create this, you will need a red candle (for St Michael) or a purple candle for St, Cyprian. I prefer to use glass encased 7 day candles as they last longer. Get two holy cards of the saint you wish to protect you. Place them back to back with the images of the saint facing out. Tape three sides together. In between, slip in some hair through the fourth opening. Tape that up too. Place the candle on top on the altar. You work it by lighting it after the recitation of St Michael’s prayer during the opening prayers.

Devotional Service Pick a day out of the week where you can hold a regular session with her. I usually do it on Sunday night. Refresh the food/water as needed. You should have a non-offertory candle to burn that is the same color as your dominant robe. If you don’t know who that is, use white. You should also have one or two tea light candles to burn down as offerings. Have also a cigarette and copal incense. Start by lighting the non offertory candle and using the opening prayers. Begin burning the incense and the cigarette. Blow some smoke over Her image. Continue to smoke the cigarette as you talk and communicate with her. When you’re done, pray three our fathers and snuff out the non offertory candle.

Feast Days

Like any other Saint, La Santisima has feast days. There are two in fact. One is Good Friday. This is the day that God sent Her to reap Christ on the cross, her greatest honor. The second is Dia de Los Muertos, November 1St. To celebrate them, you can clean her altar, give new flowers (I use roses on Good Friday and marigolds on Nov 1St) and recite her rosary. And also, visit the cemetery and clean abandoned graves and leave offerings there for the dead.

Workings I’m not going to give any workings in this thread, but just some pointers. Before any working, invoke her by the opening prayers. When working a specific robe, move that statue to the middle of the three, always making sure La Negra is to La Blanca’s right. I’ve found that she’s very willing to let me ree write hoodoo workings to call upon her power instead. You can also find many workings in booklets at botanicas. Candle burning is one the most traditional and effective means of petitioning her. Especially nine days in a row. She also accepts the use of oil lamps, which were absorbed into the cult through interaction with Cuban Santeros (santeria practitioners). If your statue has a removable scythe, you can place them on top of enemy photographs. You can also wrap petition papers around the scythe and place them back in her hand. You can leave spell remains in the cemetery regardless of the spell’s intent as the cemetery is her home. Be careful with her! Be specific in your requests. She is a hot spirit and you don’t want her fire to get out of control. That’s all I can think of![/quote]

Could I like take controll over her to be you know imortal… or charm her … is she beautifull?

2 Likes

No. She doesn’t do that. She reaps you when your time has come regardless of what else she does. Her ultimate job is the Reaper.

1 Like

[quote=“Euoi, post:3, topic:2865”]In all honesty, I don’t know.
I do know that with Santa Muerte, working with one robe over another tends to color the way one dies. Or it may be that is preordained and the color of affinity simply reveals the way you will die.[/quote] then i shall die a lover for i only work with roja robe

That shows a gross misunderstanding of La Roja on your part.

4 Likes

La Roja’s mysteries go further than that.
Maybe it’s not true, it’s a belief I jumped on hearing from a source I consider reputable. I don’t think it necessarily is anymore. Reevaluation of beliefs…

The seven colors is a load of bull. I’ve worked with the Seven colors, they are weak versions of the 3 originals, whose mysteries and powers are much deeper and stronger. I’m being honest here, they’re just commercial masks of Santa Muerte. They basically steal.La Roja’s thunder, who is the one you should go to for most material things, without the depth of her mystery.

3 Likes

[quote=“Euoi, post:9, topic:2865”]La Roja’s mysteries go further than that.
Maybe it’s not true, it’s a belief I jumped on hearing from a source I consider reputable. I don’t think it necessarily is anymore. Reevaluation of beliefs…

The seven colors is a load of bull. I’ve worked with the Seven colors, they are weak versions of the 3 originals, whose mysteries and powers are much deeper and stronger. I’m being honest here, they’re just commercial masks of Santa Muerte. They basically steal.La Roja’s thunder, who is the one you should go to for most material things, without the depth of her mystery.[/quote]

One thing we can agree on…the 7 colors is pretty but just isn’t the same. The specializations of the 3 robes is what makes her so fucking powerful. Negra will ass rape you to death for fucking with her kids. Blanca will protect you even when you’re wrong. And Roja never lets you go broke

5 Likes

I’ve been working with Santisima since late last year and I can say that she is definitely a powerhouse. Much of the work I was doing with other spirits has been taken over by her and the results are much stronger and faster. Depending on the tradition and teacher in which you learned from you’ll find a lot of variations in how and when she is to be approached, petitioned and even how her offerings are to be presented to her.

Personally I find the hangups about the robes to be kind of silly, like saying one angel is stronger or better when they all answer to the same power and it was through that power that your work was answered. With LSM you are dealing with one entity with multiple facets and the main 3 are present in any work you do with her. If your petition or work has been answered you received the blessings of La Blanca, the material manifestation of La Roja and the protection from outside interference by La Negra. I have a 7 robe statue I made and loaded for her and have had no less noticeable results when working with one of the classic three. I’ve seen many reference her 7 robes to the 7 African powers but the colors do not correspond to the traditional 7 colors of LSM nor the color correapondences of the Orisha to the work done with the 7 Robes of LSM.

1 Like

The original three robes are very separate personalities. In fact, I would dare say they are different spirits, that’s how stark of a difference is between them. The original three have thetrue mysteries. The seven colored system is commercial and shallow. I only began seeing below the surface once I focused on her true colors. If all you want from her is to do things, you’re fine. But the shallowness of the Seven colors cannot be ignored if seeking something deeper.

I agree they are separate personalities but I would disagree about them being different spirits. We all have different personas we present depending on how we are approached. A man can can be a warm and loving father but his children will not see the lustful or passionate side that his wife sees and neither may he see his dark and violent side until he is put in a position to call upon that aspect of his self to protect his family. Just as we are more complex than a few names or titles we go by so is she.

4 Likes

Yes, but the Seven color system is not a means of understanding her. It works, sure, but they’renot going to give you any more than a shallow understanding of her being. You’ll never see her true facets with that system. They are, essentially, shades of La Roja, and ones that can’t even encompass her mysteries. There’s honestly no point whatsoever for their existence, other than for botanica owners to make more money by pushing more than 3 statues.

4 Likes

This is the same entity as hekete. And lilith. And inepsigos. And best as Ereshkugal and Soteria. All hail KayTWilLszON AZ Jha

Answer to question 3.
It aids to the direction of a more complete eteternity. Yiu have to do forgery and form pacts or else face asassinatiokns. Eradications can be created.The shippatheth by all… one must find a way without it.

We’ll agree to disagree on the seven colors as they encompass far more than the material aspects of La Roja and could be as well seen as extensions of La Blanca and La Negra but are often overlooked when working with them, each has their sets of vice and virtue which can be understood if one takes the time to look. Like anything dealing with spirits and magic you get back what you put into it. I mainly work the 3 main colors of LSM but do take the time to honor her seven color aspect as well and look into the deeper implications of what they represent and how they apply to me.

1 Like

Can you recommend any good sites or books about these TWF? This has been an interesting discussion to read and I’d like to take a look for myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Sawbenah, post:15, topic:2865”]This is the same entity as hekete. And lilith. And inepsigos. And best as Ereshkugal and Soteria. All hail KayTWilLszON AZ Jha

Answer to question 3.
It aids to the direction of a more complete eteternity. Yiu have to do forgery and form pacts or else face asassinatiokns. Eradications can be created.The shippatheth by all… one must find a way without it.[/quote]

It’s not like Hekate because Hekate has avatars, several different gods that make up her one being. The robes are just a way of identifying her. There’s nothing wrong with the 7 colors. I don’t use them, but every one of her aspects is identified

I sent you an email Eva. Not too many sites I can recommend but I can say avoid Carlos Montenegros writing on her. It’s crap and mostly made up, he even created a firma (sigil) for her. Like so many other things you’ll find conflicting information depending on who and what tradition they work with Santisima in.

TWF, alright, fair enough…could you send me links as well? May as well attempt to learn and understand if I can’t persuade you to the True Right Way of Ultimate Truth.

You’ve both made interesting points and I have a very serious reason for believing Euoi has a strong connection to her (the bit where she popped up in my living room unbidden, and kind of namechecked him was a bit of a giveaway!), so I look forward to reading more, thanks! :slight_smile: