La Santisima Muerte (Tutorial)

Yeah pm me your email.

Apparently you are unaware of my rank as Grand Shit Starter of the Gnostic Gnosis-Know-It-Alls of Knowledge and Book Learn’in

1 Like

Don’t get the wrong impression Euoi is correct that all you REALLY need is the classic 3. What I like about the 7 is that it gives different insights into what could be associated with different robes. For Example green is used in justice work. Justice has many faces such as the virtues of right or wrong/morality, balance; as the scales are one of her many symbols, things being put tight or adjustments made according to the ruling that one receives, the sword of justice can be seen as harsh punishment and often legal matters are disputed over money and other material possessions. So each of the classic 3 robes can each have elements of the green but the idea of justice is not looked at often when the 3 main robes are thought of.

I REALLY need to start translating all the books about her from Spanish to English to help all of us out.

2 Likes

In 3 colored system, any one of the robes could do almost anything. La Blanca is the natural flow, La Negra is the reversal of the natural state, and La Roja is the material plane/transition between the two. She’s given me interesting visions illustrating this.
For justice work, it would more or less depend on the situation, but I’d likely invoke La Roja, as she is given offices over the material plane. Unless I was in some deep shit (like, prostitution ring or something), then I’d take the case to La Negra.

3 Likes

[quote=“Euoi, post:25, topic:2865”]In 3 colored system, any one of the robes could do almost anything. La Blanca is the natural flow, La Negra is the reversal of the natural state, and La Roja is the material plane/transition between the two. She’s given me interesting visions illustrating this.
For justice work, it would more or less depend on the situation, but I’d likely invoke La Roja, as she is given offices over the material plane. Unless I was in some deep shit (like, prostitution ring or something), then I’d take the case to La Negra.[/quote]

Roja for court? Wth? That;s for Negra or Blanca depending on how bad you want the officers effected.

As I said, La Roja is related to the physical plane. She can work for most material stuff, including courts.

1 Like

She’s really move for more material desires like money and love, but whatever you wanna think. It doesn’t really matter as long as you get results.

I want to make her oil. I google searched for the recipe and most sites seem to offer different lists of ingredients. I’ve never made oil for spiritual purposes before. With Santisima Muerte, are there herbs that are mandatory for her oil? I see some of the same herbs like roses and lavender used by most, and etc. Is it just as valid to feel it out and add things that make me think of her and what she might like? Or, is there an official list of ingredients that should be adhered to?

There is no one recipe or “correct” recipe for making her an oil. There are many different recipes you can find. Conjureman Ali provides a few in his ebook on working with her.

Things like carnation, marigold, roses (color appropriate to the robe made for), myrrh and copal along with many other items are all associated with her. Some even add personal prayers or devotions to their oil. These can be added while still on paper or burned to ash and then mixed in.

1 Like

Euoi and TWF are correct here. Seven colors is just a fad that started in Mexico City where botanicas tried to mix everything. Then suddenly she had blue and gold ribes etc. Etc. I dont work with her but I grew up around some of her devotees. From what I am told, LSM is the modern face of Mictecacihuatl. Her “black aspect” is the one who reveals to you your Nagualim. And yes, in her private cult in mexico the Naguals load and ensoul her fetishes like other traditions. I have experienced her once at a local shrine in a womans house. Definitely something I wont forget. But I dont feel called to work with her at all.

I’m still on the fence on her connection with Mictecacihuatl. Personally, I get her in a very Mexican manifestation. Another on another forum says she comes, to him, on connection with European underworld goddesses. That may be due, in part, to the differences in the culture we were brought up in (I American and Mexican, him European) and our placement (me; close to Mexico, him; Europe). Now, is one manifestation “more correct” than the other? I don’t think so. But, it does raise interesting questions about Santa Muerte’s origins…it implies the European roots are strong enough that she can manifest through that cultural lense.

My work with Santa Muerte has plateaued. I still Venerate her and use her in my workings. But my excursion into her mysteries are on hold for the next few years. I scratched the surface, but I know that my main focus right now is witchcraft. I know I have approximately 1-2 years to work with still, so I’m going to wait until I can properly immerse myself in the mysteries before attempting to half ass a relationship with LSM.

I wish you or someone would translate the many Spanish books. When I was called to her, it was very disappointing to find so little in English. Of the few, even fewer had good reviews.

1 Like

Honestly? Learn Spanish. Not only will you be able to talk to La Madrina in her native tongue, you’ll also know a highly useful language with an increasingly large amount of speakers. ¡Buena suerte!

2 Likes

Also, nobody is obligated to make English translations. I don’t think it’s a bad thing, nor is making her cult more available, but I have directly seen that she PREFERS me to pray in Spanish. And non-Mexican folks have no right to demand anything of us; Santa Muerte is OUR patron. Non-Mexicans venerating her are outsiders and MUST respect her traditions. Those who don’t simply won’t hear from La Madrina.
She isn’t a European goddess you can change to suit you; she already comes with a language and culture.

(edit: I mean this generally, not specifically directed at Orion)

1 Like

My request, not demand, for translated materials was a reply to this post:

systemApr '15
I REALLY need to start translating all the books about her from Spanish to English to help all of us out.

1 Reply1 LikeReply

So sorry you took it so offensively. As for you “telling” me to learn spanish, here are my main 3 reasons I don’t!

1-Im mostly deaf in one ear and hear noise in another. Foreign languages are damn near impossible for me as I can’t distinguish sounds. Fortunately I learned a bit before my hearing got too bad.

2-I dont have the time. I work 3 jobs, have a rotating shift, and lots of weeks only get 1 day off.

3-I was adopted by an abusive white family that tried to beat the Native out of me, so had english beat into me. Learning another language isnt high on my list.

4 Likes

No one is obligated to do anything, but some have offered, or expressed an interest!

Her preferring YOU to pray in Spanish is her private relationship with you. That doesnt mean she cant have a different relationship with someone else.

Not sure what Non Mexicans have demanded of you, but I agree, no one has the right to demand anything of another.

I also agree that non Mexicans must respect her traditions. I would add that ALL need to do same. Just because she is a Patron to Mexicans doesnt mean she cant be to others. No one owns her! She comes for us all sooner or later. She will chose who she wants to work with. I have heard many local Mexicans say that she wouldn’t work with them when they tried. I dont know why, and its not my business. I even had a local Mexican contractor refuse a big paying job because he said he wanted no part of LSM.

LSM called me, I didnt call on her! I did a years research before answering her call. I spent much time talking out the issues you mention with many local Mexicans. I didnt go in blind. I live in San Antonio Tx, and have been Blessed with some fine people that taught me about her. If she wants me to pray to her in Spanish she will make that possible. I believe she transcends leanguage. I give her power that much respect. She talks to me and I hear her. We have a wonderful relationship, and I love her.

I dont worry to much about those that are not serious, or may be disrespectful. She will definately take care of them.

6 Likes

Do you happen to know if there are any enns or mantras that one can use to sync with her energy ?

In the Catholic folk-saint tradition you’d want to use novenas. Unfortunately most of those found online for her are in Spanish, but there are a few books out there with English translations.

3 Likes

Is this sigil hers? I see it often associated with her online

Thanks for that info🙂

1 Like