Knight Musings

2/3/2020

I had a bizarre dream last night. Actually, I’m not sure if it was a dream or if it was a projection…

I was lying in bed, drifting off to sleep, and I decided to practice some basic mental projection just for fun, so I began to imagine the sensations of getting up out of bed. I felt my arms move, and my legs swing over. I tried to pace the standing up part to my breathing as EA describes in the Soul travel course, so I exhaled as I stood up. I looked around my room, and saw my body on the bed, and then decided to walk through my wall, so I did…

…and then I wasn’t in my house anymore, but a castle. It felt cold, and the floor was made of stone, and I was on fire. I don’t really remember anything else, except a feeling of my Ajna tingling.

I think it might be time to get back to the Soul Travel course.

9 Likes

2/4/2020

Alright, it is time to get back to my Soul Travel and energy work. It’s been a month and my ailment has cleared so I should be good to go.

I’m still doing some basic EFT to help smooth out any blockages in my energy system and body/mind brought about by the trauma of the fire and subsequent homelessness last year. I may make some changes to the specific meditation I was doing though.

I’m also going to begin using the core shamanism journeying technique to find my power animal and, eventually, contact my Higher Self 'cause we need to have words 'bout some stuff.

Had another weird dream about being on fire last night. I have no idea if there is any significance to it, but it is the second such dream in as many days. If there is a third, then I guess it will mean something’s up.

4 Likes

What is EFT

1 Like

Emotional Freedom Technique.

3 Likes

I just read (like literally two minutes ago) a short piece of fiction where the character had been having dreams of a great fire. She was on a journey of some sort conducting some magical research, which proved to be fruitless. After some contemplation, she decided that she needed to seek the land of Justice and Shadow.

This was too great a synchronicity for me not to chime in. Perhaps it may be of assistance to you.

2 Likes

5/3/2020

Just realised the date on my last post was incorrect…again facepalm

Anyway, I started my chakra work up again today. Didn’t do too much, just a few reps of the Bija mantras. Felt a bit lightheaded afterwards, and developed a short headache about half an hour later.

I didn’t recall any dreams of being on fire upon awakening. That’s not to say I didn’t have one; I very well could have. I just don’t remember it.

3 Likes

16/3/20

I think I am projecting at night.

I have been having some strange dreams involving angels and demons and battles but they don’t really feel like regular dreams.

Last night I dreamt I was fighting an angel in golden armour with a flaming sword, and a typical demon with horns and a tail. I…did not fair very well in the fight. My ass was pretty thoroughly kicked.

I’m not sure what, if anything, fire symbolises, but I’ve been seeing flames in my dreams regularly. First I was on fire, and now an angel wielding a flaming sword shows up.

If I am projecting, I guess it is a sign of progress, and I just need to learn to consciously control it. Right now, it’s pretty much all in my head.

6 Likes

Me:
giphy

I’m sure that’s a bit of a rattling experience, but a fascinating one. I look forward to reading more!

5 Likes

There is actually a ton fire could represent.

Let’s take yourself on fire. I could mean the burning away of somthing old to make room for something new, aka. transformation. Or your strong passion for a particular thing. But my money would be on the first.

The sword, that one is going to be a bit more tricky. Sorry about that.

Just remember fire is as much of a life giver as it is a destroyer. Keep that in mind and I know you will figure it out.

2 Likes

You are battling to regain stability and fighting your inner demons, bad habits or faults and luck that has brought you down. You are in conflict with how to proceed with your future which is in doubt and no matter how hard you have tried you have been beaten.

Objects of war such as a sword are symbolic of inner turmoil in our life, the flaming sword is symbolic of your destructive tendencies that are pulling you down.

The demon is another symbol of the negativity that has surrounded you, perhaps your personal demons that have caused you loss that you are trying to battle against.

Demons and angels symbolizes our good side vs. a bad side. The “good side” encourages us to do one thing, while the “bad side” encourages another.

Demons in dreams often indicate it is time for us to take some time to search deep down at what our own “inner demons” may be. It’s not comfortable to look at your faults or weaknesses, but being able to look at these problems can help you to better understand what you should do to improve yourself and your situation and overcome your problems.

All of us are capable of radical self-change and improvement. When you are in the darkest place in life, that is the time to reflect on past mistakes that have held you back, that is where that spark becomes clear and you are able to reinvent yourself as a smarter, wiser, and more positive, motivated person ready to move forward from the past to succeed in the future.

2 Likes

20/3/20

So…I have taken a couple of journeys, using a Core Shamanism tutorial from @Lady_Eva, and have found my power animal. It…is a cat :smiley_cat:

I haven’t gone too deep, just exploring, but my kitty guide does have some catitude, which I am finding kind of adorable. Oh, and he told me to eat a flower petal :cherry_blossom:

I’ve been taking it slow in getting back into my chakra and energy work, though with the current public health crisis going on, I may have to increase the load a bit faster, just to make sure I have enough chi/prana to maintain my health. Right now, there isn’t a single case of the virus in my city, but that could change on a day to day basis,

8 Likes

Right on big guy! I am doing the Shamanism tutorial too, I have explored the area and river, not yet ready to call my power animal. I hope to visit it a few more times.

2 Likes

25/3/20

So I have decided to once more attempt my 100 day magical intensive. I figured with the current public health crisis going on, I might as well take advantage of the time. I am not in quarantine or self-isolation, but I do have a lot of time on my hands since there is no theatre work currently so I figured, why not?

I’ve been receiving a lot of signs that I should dip back into the Enochian current so as part of this intensive I will be working through the new book on success magick by Damon Brand that uses the Enochian angels. Should be interesting.

I’m also going to be doing a lot of energy work and following EA’s Soul Travel course. Hopefully, I’ll have some interesting experiences to share. I’m also going to continue using the shamanism tutorial to explore, and see what my guide might have to show me.

6 Likes

Soul traveling to each of the 49 Aethyrs ought to be quite the experience.

1 Like

27/3/20

Today was Day 1 of my 100 day magical intensive. I didn’t start off too heavy, just the preliminary exercises from the Soul Travel course. I realised that, with the current public health crisis making mundane life less pressing, I could turn this intensive into a full blown magical retreat if I want to, once my responsibilities to my employer are finished.

I vibrated the Bija mantras for the chakras for twenty-four minutes each, for a total of about 2 1/2 hours. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred until I hit the Anahata chakra. When I was vibrating that particular mantra, it felt like my inner world was vibrating as well. I could almost feel the separation between each of my bodies. It was a very odd sensation that I’ve only felt once or twice before when chanting “A’lash tad alash tal ashtu” only with that mantra my inner self was rocking back and forth more than vibrating.

In the early evening, I took another shamanic journey. This one was a bit weird though. I found my guide by the World Tree, sprawled out in the sunlight like any good kitty. When I approached, he stood, yawned and stretched. My intention for this journey was simply to explore, and see if there was anything my guide wanted to show me.

My guide climbed up to my shoulder and away we went, squirming down the rabbit hole to the Lower World. When I pooped out, the cavern was dark, but lit by some kind of luminescence so I could just make out some shapes. My guide and I walked a bit further in, and I began to notice a few creepy crawlies like spiders, centipedes and the like. I heard more moving about in the shadows. My guide suddenly bolted away and left me a bit bewildered, so I cautiously moved about. I saw a trail of white flowers and followed it, but it didn’t really lead anywhere.

About this time there was a glitch in the drumming track I was using, and it jolted me out of the journey. It felt kind of like when you drifting off to sleep and there’s that sensation of falling so you jerk awake. It took a few minutes for me to relax enough to restart the track and resume the journey.

When I got back, my guide came up to me with a large spider in his jaws and dropped it at my feet. He looked very proud of himself. I gave him a pat on the head, and he purred, as I bent down to look at the spider. It was about the size of my hand, with a brown body striped in yellow.

My guide walked over to a dark puddle of water and began drinking from it, before commencing to clean himself. I dipped my hand into the water and splashed some on my face. It felt cold, and when I looked into it, I had no face. I could see the rest of me reflected, but where my face should have been was a void.

I decided it was time to leave, so I picked up my guide and returned to the World Tree. The sunlight felt good and warm after the coldness of that water, and I basked in it for a few short minutes before asking my guide if he wanted to return with me. This time, he gave a nod and jumped into my arms. I cradled him to my chest and opened my eyes.

I was a bit wobbly upon returning and had to sit for a few moments to readjust, before writing everything I could remember down in my magical journal.

6 Likes

28/3/20

Day 2:

Today was another light day. I’m warming up to begin the heavier stuff. Spent about half an hour or so on the preliminary exercises of the Soul Travel course around noon.

I decided not to journey, but I did perform the first ritual from Brand’s Enochian book around 11 PM. Didn’t feel much of anything, though I did get the internal “click” in my head that I sometimes get when chanting mantras that tells me when something shifts.

The book says to do the ritual for a week before continuing so we’ll see what happens. The purpose of the ritual is to help give you a vision for your success, a purpose to strive towards. After all, before you can go anywhere, you need a destination, so this should be quite helpful.

Also, I think I’m going to try to pay more attention to my dreams. I don’t often remember them, but lately those I do have been getting…weird.

3 Likes

Me:

3 Likes

29/3/20

Got a bit inebriated last night and fell asleep before I could post this so here is the entry for Day 3:

It was another light day. I kind of just puttered around and didn’t do much of anything. I am sensing some energies around though. The atmosphere is kind of buzzing.

No weird dreams were had, or at least, none were remembered.

3 Likes

30/3/20

Day 4:

I performed all of my exercises in the early evening instead of spacing them out over the course of the day.

Performed the Soul Travel preliminary chakra work around 830 PM, and did a shamanic journey roughly half an hour later.

The journey went alright, I entered the Lower World without problems, with my guide at my feet. He looked back at me and nodded once, and off we went, walking in the darkness of the cavern. There was less luminescence this time, so I could only make out the shapes of rocks. I did not hear any creepy crawlies this time around.

My guide led me forward into a bigger cavern, which held a set of ruins that looked vaguely Greek, with broken columns scattered about. There were some torches burning so there was more light to see by. My guide stopped in what looked to be the centre of a set of columns and looked down at the ground. I followed suit and under some dirt I saw some sort of mosaic made out of tile. I brushed the dirt away to see more clearly, and the mosaic seemed to be of some sort of sacrifice. A naked woman was splayed on an altar and a huge serpent was entwining around her. I got the impression there was a sexual element to what was happening.

I walked further and noticed more bas - reliefs of serpents scattered about. I touched one of the broken columns and could feel the outline of snakes carved into it.

My guide padded on ahead and when I caught up to him, he was standing beside a small pillar on the top of which stood a chalice of plain gold. I looked at my guide and in my mind I saw an image of my hands taking the chalice so I did. It had no weight to it, and without another word, my guide nudged me over to some rocks from which a stream flowed. His feline eyes fixed me with a steady gaze, and I assumed I was supposed to collect some water with the chalice and drink it, so I did.

The water was really cold in my throat. I asked my guide what its purpose was but there was no response. He just turned away and started back the way we came. I exited the ruins and then returned to the World Tree.

I was very unfocused during this journey. I kept drifting out of the Lower World and into daydream. I was trying out a new drumming track, which had a quicker pace than the first one I used, so it’s possible that was responsible for my lack of focus, However, others on the forum have recently mentioned also feeling unfocused, so there is a possibility it was something else too.

I’m not sure what the significance of the serpents is, but this is the second journey to feature them, though in greater numbers and not including spiders this time. My guide was not very forthcoming today so I have no idea what the purpose of the water was that I was told to drink. I guess I’ll find out.

I capped the day off with the Enochian ritual from Damon Brand’s book. Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

3 Likes

31/3/20

Day 5:

Chakra exercise and Blue Flame meditation around 130 PM. Nothing unusual to report, but my Ajna seemed particularly active. It’s been buzzing and tingling all day.

730 PM I did another shamanic journey. I used the same track as previous as it seems to put me in rather quickly.

I followed my guide to a crevice in a wall, and when I squeezed through, I found myself in a grotto. There was a field of grass, and in the centre of it was a well on a little mound. A small path of flagstones led to it and I walked on them to the edge. I peered into the darkness of the water, and received an intuitive flash from my guide to be careful. I was told that whatever was either spoken aloud or written and dropped into the well, would manifest in the world, including negative thought and curses. It was a wishing well, apparently.

I moved away from the well and back down the path to another that ringed the grotto. As I walked it, I noticed some rusted swords and shields scattered here and there. My guide stopped by something white that I at first thought was a mushroom, but it turned out to be a skull. I picked it up and looked at it for a moment. I have no idea why.

Continuing along the path, I came to another crevice, and my guide disappeared into it. I followed, and as I did so, I started to hear whispers from the darkness. They were sibilant , and as I shifted against the rock, I suddenly realised that the serpents I saw in my previous journey represented the chthonic forces. I don’t know how I missed something so obvious.

The crevice popped me back to where I started, and my guide and I returned to the World Tree. I sat down against its trunk and reflected on what I saw. My feline companion curled into my lap and started to purr, and I figured I should name him. I couldn’t very well keep calling him Cat, so I decided he was Sam. I sat there with Sam until the track shifted and called me back.

1155 PM I performed the third repetition of the Enochian ritual. I felt some minor energy sensations in my head, and a subtle shift in my eyesight, which seemed to highlight the play of light and shadow around my room.

5 Likes