King Paimon question

Relative newcomer to the actual practice of Goetic magick. What are the potential dangers of jumping headfirst into a working relationship with King Paimon?
In true knucklehead fashion, I have not been using a circle - or really any form of protection whatsoever - when interacting with (I’m pretty sure, at least) the energies and essence of this spirit.
Besides the obvious fact that basically everything I’m doing could be considered ill-advised, does anyone have any notable fuck-up stories involving this particular spirit?
Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

I personally think it’s insulting to use a Circle. Why would you want protection from someone who’s helping/Teaching you… that’s disrespectful. Not to mentionn dangerous as it can make the Spirits feel ridiculed. And they might teach you a Lesson.

I haven’t worked with King Paimon. But He is a Demonic King. And deserves Respect.
I don’t have any stories to tell but from what I have read on here He likes to be addressed as King Paimon. So use the Proper Title.

4 Likes

I have worked with King Paimon for many lifetimes. He’s really helpful and nice with beginners so don’t worry about it.

However, you must show him the greatest respect possible, address him always as King Paimon and try to be fully dressed when you summon him.

You can find his sigil easily on goodle images if you need it.

As for offerings, wine would do, but there are a lot of things that you could offer him.

I would only use a circle to power myself up not for protection, so have that in mind.

3 Likes

Yeah I guess I’m very confused by the whole tradition aspect here. I’m seeking a spirit out to literally get inside of my brain and guide my personal development. Doing this while also having to worry about ‘protecting myself’ from said entity seems entirely counter-intuitive.

The only thing that’s got me still hung up is the fact that he is still, by definition, an 'evil spirit.'
Like, seems like there might be a catch here…hmm.

1 Like

Demons aren’t evil, that’s what Christianity and other fake religions want you to believe. Actually, most of the spirits I have met are really friendly.

4 Likes

Also as a new member, introduce yourself here
And read the rules here

This is a must for all new members so please do so if you haven’t done that already :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you manosman! I appreciate the help

1 Like

Just show them respect and don’t be demanding.

2 Likes

Very true, but not all castings of a circle are protective in nature. I use a circle most every time, but it is cast to center myself and declare my place as the focal point of creation; there is no intent to keep anyone or anything at bay. King Paimon has not once reacted to it in any fashion, negative or otherwise. Think of it as the balloons you put on your mailbox to show where the party is at.

Triangles are also commonly misunderstood. If you are using a triangle to constrain a spirit then you may be making a dangerous enemy. On the other hand, you can create a triangle to honor the spirit, and leave it there as an option. If they want to manifest there, great. If not, there is no effort to force them. Try to think of it as preparing your best stuffed leather chair, cleaning and oiling it in preparation for your honored guest to have the finest seat in your home SHOULD THEY CHOOSE. I don’t really use them often, but I have in the past with no problems. It really comes down to respect and intent. An honorific triangle construct can also be very effective while using a black mirror.

Yep. Don’t waste His time. I called upon him for aid once regarding a trivial matter. King Paimon did not appreciate it, said so, and that was the end of the operation. The funny thing is, He still aided me by forcing me to handle the situation myself and grow.

Another time, recently actually, I asked him to teach me to be kinder to those who are important in my life. He agreed, and boy let me tell you He holds you to your end of the deal. I was in a foul humor and was opening my mouth to deliver an extremely rude, uncalled for comment. Just as I was about to speak the little strip under my tongue ripped and stopped me dead. It was absurdly painful and I wound up walking around for a week sounding like I had a golf ball in my mouth. About an hour later my mate made a funny remark about me being tongue tied, which happens to be a slang term for the medical condition where the webbing under your tongue is excessive and needs to be surgically repaired. Synchronicity, especially when you consider I do not have this condition. That night as I am getting my kid ready for bed he asks me to read to him. I mumble that I can’t because my mouth hurts. He says “just talk gentle”. A third synchronicity event in about 6 hours. IMO that was King Paimon telling me to shut up and weigh my words more carefully.

But overall, an awesome and effective mentor. But don’t play games, He means business.

4 Likes

Spirits sometimes find some not very helpful ways to help you, but the end result is the one you wanted.

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

That’s what I meant actually :sweat_smile:
What matters is your intent. How you feel about the Spirit you are summoning.
If you are using a Circle for protection against the Spirit suppossed to help you… smh
Makes no sense to me…

2 Likes

May I kindly remind the word daemon comes from ancient Greek, meaning a spirit (good or bad). I have told the spirits if I use a circle its intenion is not to offend, that it’s about me, and I don’t want to disrespect. Sometimes I do things without a circle sometimes with protective circle. I have understood that it’s more perhaps wiccan way of doing things, and the circle is used for protection against evil forces in general when calling God and Goddess and the spirit you want. Most times if I call Goetia spirits into my presence I don’t use a circle.But that’s just me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not just a Wiccan thing. I think it is a fine idea to use protective type circles when the situation is appropriate, like during a blind evocation or evocation of an entity which has not yet been identified. Same thing with banishing.

2 Likes