Is or was Lilith an Angel or not?

Yes, except that source is completely inaccurate and doesn’t even seem to understand what the Zohar is, let alone what it actually says about Lilith.

4 Likes

oh really?

Bruh, your link flat out says she was Adam’s first wife (and therefore human) even though you used it to defend your claim that she was a fallen angel.

So yes, really.

3 Likes

80 answers in this thread, 64 of them are about Stan and his confusion with Lilith… We should rename the entire topic to “Is or was Lilith an Angel or not?”

8 Likes

We could also scooch those replies into a separate thread.

3 Likes

Yeah preferably here. Would be better if we could keep the threads off fanfic/random questions.

4 Likes

lol

Cool.

@Lady_Eva could we scooch these replies into that thread please?

4 Likes

Its amazing how Lilith makes people argue so much.

4 Likes

I’m sure it wasn’t Lilith. Just saying.

7 Likes

She’s one of the most respected entities of this forum. I think that’s why.

8 Likes

Well Lilith is the baddest women around

1 Like

Yes, really.

Now, I can understand where the whole “fallen angel” idea comes from, because in the Zohar, Lilith is described as having wings and acting with God’s permission (just as Samael does) so I think some people assume that means she was an angel. However, the wings are simply due to her mythology evolving from that of the Babylonion Llilit and Llilitu, two demons of air that strangled children (the Lilit was male and the Lillitu female) in the night, and were said to be winged.

I should point out also that Naamah was originally said to be a half human aspect of Lilith, not her sister, and thus was known as Naamah-Lilith.

Source: Disarticulating Lilith: by Sharonah Esther Fredrick

Here’s where you can find the academic paper, which discusses the role of Lilith in Judeo-Spanish, Babylonian, and Hebrew writings:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/311105103_Disarticulating_Lilith

5 Likes

Wow, You just prove my case, just a little

How?

1 Like

Like I said, you don’t have a clue. I just blew your case out of the water by proving beyond all doubt that Lilith has NEVER been an angel. She has always been a winged demon.

4 Likes

the other guy just said, he get where people would thought Lilith were a fallen angel according to the source he found

That doesn’t prove anything.

1 Like

@Prophet He seems to equate having wings with being an angel, even though wings have been used to represent the element of Air since ancient times. The Babylonian demon Pazuzu and both the Lliit and Lilitu were depicted as having wings though.

3 Likes

ok, so she always been a winged demon, who happened to be a succubus. My bad I admit I have lost.