Is occult a religion?What should occultists identify themselves as?

Honestly,666 is not at all important in the occult,at least from what I see.Satanism has a subjective meaning just like 666 or a pentagram.For a Christian we are all Satanists and 666 is number of the beast and pentagram is the symbol of evil and magic and curses…For an atheist we are just a group of hippies that give blood sacrifices to make believe characters,666 and pentagram mean nothing…For another practitioner of magick we are Pagans and/or occultists,pentagram means power or a gateway or positive energy or something else,and 666 probably means nothing to them,but it depends on what path the practitioner walks on.

1 Like

I see it that way.I posted this mostly to see what other people think

1 Like

Not always.It just dependes on what religion believes are and what field of science you are looking at.Biology and Young Earth Creationism don’t go so well with each other but if religion believes that if you leave the universe you will find a bridge made out of silver and than cross into El Dorado and scientists learn to observe the place outside the universe and find El Dorado there they wouldn’t be against each other.Science is just a method thru which we observe and learn and science requires factual evidence.Just as magick is a way we create change in reality itself science is the way we learn and science doesn’t have any agendas besides learning facts about the world.

3 Likes

well edgy fedora atheist who have church of Satan membership cards love science and using it against religion quoting Stephen Hawking all the time and Richard Dawkins God delusion as their Bible

In a sense since everyone forms their own dogma(s).

2 Likes

Yeah but that doesn’t represent all science.Atheism isn’t anti-religion either.If you say that a method which we used to learn and observe world around us for thousands of years is anti religion is like saying that vulcanic glass is against water because when it got discovered it was used as a mirror and used instead of water to see reflections…Atheism is lack of believe in any supernatural beings.If you prove to atheist that magick works they will accept it and they won’t be atheist anymore.The angry atheists you are refereing to are called anti-theists.Anti-theists are kind of opposite of Atheists because anti theists are sure(They think they know) that there is no god or no supernatural and they go around quoting Richard Dawkins.I actually respect and even admire atheists.They are people that grew up believing in an invisible man in the sky and than when they realize that there is no invisible man in the sky they just stop believing and they want evidence…

Lol if an atheist is running around with a CoS card they really don’t know much.
CoS is about Itheism not atheism or anti atheism.

True :wink:

I say either “I’m a practicing black magician” or “I’m an eclectic occultist” or “I’m an occultist”. The just of it is left hand paganism. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My responses are usually

“I don’t worship any god”
“I subscribe to most faiths”

But to be honest, I swerve the conversation back to vanilla subjects if the people involved are close minded. If one is open and receptive to knowledge, the answer could change. It’s a fine line between sharing belief and proselytizing

5 Likes

I identify as a Christain. Only my immediate family know I practice Magic, Vodou and African Voodoo.

Are you afraid that you will lose friends and family or what?

I am even still being prosecuted by my family only my mother who allows me practice it but she doesnt like it.

Here in my country everyone seeks help from occultist and priests but no one says it. They all identify as either christain or muslim. And if i say it openly that i practice it, Witches(Not Western witches. I am talking of the ones that fly, suck blood and do and undo) and other people can tempt me by casting spells on me to see how strong i really am and pushing me to my death.

1 Like

Where do you live?Since you mentioned Islam and Voodoo you probably live in Africa…When you put things that way it might be better to live in secrets.

1 Like

Yes, Africa. Glad you get the message.

1 Like

I never had a problem with other witches before…I did have friend who found out about my magick and most of them were cool but 1 of them was a kind of hardcore Muslim.I was raised in an enviroment where people would blaspheme and it was considered bad but an everyday thing.This friend of mine never used curse words or anything.When he found out he began asking questions and when I told him about everything he just begun saying that demons can’t help me and that I will go to Jahannam(islamic version of hell) and ever since that day after 3 minutes of talking he would start on the occult and so I just try to ignore him.Other friends mostly don’t care but none of my close family members know…

That is how followers of Abrahamic religions reason. Muslims add violence to their preachings while Christains add foolishness to their preachings.

Are you referring to Western Witches?

Yes…I am interested in African Witchcraft and sistems dervied from it like Santeria or Palo Meyombe but I am not able to go to the places where I can learn these things and so I am kinda stuck with western magick sistems of magick…I hear that there is some real power in those systems of magick that are from Africa

“What should occultists identify themselves as?”

Magicians!

Al.

3 Likes

If you want to join African Witchcraft then you must be initiated by someone who is already in it. There are different covens which are not in the physical realm. Your loved ones will be demanded for food. And they are killed here in Africa. Anyone that crashes while flying to the coven will be killed by people in the community.

I’ve started identifying as a philosopher. In my book, that means that I challenge myself to understand any school of thought or system of belief that I come across.

Most people think that philosophers are elitist intellectuals who look down on non-philosophers, but that’s just because they’re a bunch of uncivilized knuckle-dragging fucktards :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like