Is occult a religion?What should occultists identify themselves as?

I usually say that i’m a Luciferian (Christians and Muslim typically things it’s a sort of Christian belief. Which is good to avoid conflict with narrow minded people.) and if they ask what it is, I reply that I belive in all sorts of Gods and Goddess from all over the globe. No-one bats an eye when I say that.

1 Like

Best to identify as ‘seeker’, seeker of truth and power.! Sounds cool too.

And if the prick doesn’t stop bothering, say ‘’ I identify as your daddy’’, pretty sure he will stop there.

1 Like

Witches really fly down there???Is it an astral flight or an actual physical flight???

The definition of occult fails to mention religion. Its actually a giant category in which magick is a smaller category. I kinda find Church of Satan boring but whatever floats your boat bud. I usually only use the left hand when the right one gets tired and I need to switch. No point in having one big arm and one little arm anyways eh? You know alot of magicians do not believe in religion at all. Singularity seems to be popular now a days. What do you believe in? If you wanna worship Satan that’s cool I suggest you crack open some Grimoires and at least call him by some proper names though. Personally I think any religion that has to rip off Wicca’s “and harm none do as thou whilt” ain’t really a religion. Sorry Anton Lavey but it’s like 2018 and just about everyone knows The Law of Thelema", is “Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.” which was invented by Aleister Crowley in the early 1900’s. Wicca and Satanism borrowed this statement but we live in a time that it is hard to plagiarize and get away with it. At least Wicca has hot chicks but have you ever been to a COS gathering? Ha ha ha. It’s people who are like “I am more evil than you blah blah.” Satan is like a translation of the Hebrew Yetzer hara which is like the inclination to do evil. Satan ain’t even a real word bro While Satan ain’t a real word ha-satan is but it just means adversary or prosecutor and scholars do not really link it to Lucifer although I suppose it can be debated. But hey if you are into goth chicks that cut themselves with razor blades perhaps satanism is for you homey. I suggest you actually study the spirit and evoke him by proper names of calling so he does not show up all grumpy and whatnot. Unless you are into it just for social interaction. Like the kids who wear vampire teeth but have no idea what pranayama vamperism is. O lawd. Are they like a religion too? The TOV certainly thinks not.

I know the whole Hebrew history of Satan think with first and second temple periods and new testament period and I know that Satan ain’t a real word.Satan was used as a word for accuser or prosecutor or executioner.For example in old testament when propeth Balaam beets his donkey and sees Melek JHWH/Angel of the ,Lord" angel sayd:I have come to be your Satan.I posted this to see other people’s opinions mostly

2 Likes

Kind of an astral flight but if they crash(lose control) they fall down on that spot in the physical and cant get up.

1 Like

The Occult is not a religion. On the point of how occultists should identify, I’m inclined to agree with the authors of the Kybalion; fucking don’t.

1 Like

That’s scary.Also I hear that Santeria and Voodoo and other systems from Africa are very expensive because of sacrifices…Is that true?

1 Like

I’m going to say here it depends.
@Lord_Raven is from there and I respect what they say however you can learn about it here and DON’T need to fly to Africa or spend tons of money.
If the Lwa or Orisha wish to work with you they will regardless of where you live, are from, or ethnicity.

A lot said is propaganda to keep people from the practice itself, it’s saddening really.

You cant do a self initiation into African witchcraft. In my country we do not practice Santeria or Vodoun.

No it is not expensive. It depends on the priest who you meet.

2 Likes

I was yanking your chain bro. Ha-Satan is a Hebrew word. Although the concept is expanded in Kabbalah the word means more like accuser or prosecutor than devil. Actually Lucifer is a different concept although there are some similarities. There are strong arguments both ways. Ha-Satan is considered an angel prosecutor in the court of heaven. Lucifer led a rebellion against God. There is no real concrete or glue between the words. christians might make strong arguments that there are but no Rabbi would agree. click on dis However the Christian concept of Satan is very different than it is in Judaism. The way modern Christian view the devil etc comes from the period of time when the Roman Catholic Church was in power. Aka the dark ages.

1 Like

I know…Even the concept of hell as a place of fire and torture comes from dark ages and some pagan cultures.Even EA Koetting said:,I don’t work with Satan much because he is this Judeo-Christian character’’ or something like that.Styxhexenhammer666 made a video about leaving Satanism and reasons and I agree with a lot of that too.Also 43ally made a video about evolution of Satan in christianity I think…Not really sure if it was him

What country are you from exectly…I really admire witchcraft of Africa.As I understand people of Africa needed to use magick in order to survive and that need drove them to find most powerful practices with best results…At least thats my understanding of it.

Thank for the clarification, I wasn’t sure.

Occultism is not a religion but a collection of philosophies, with different spiritual designations to show a path. Religion is completely optional.

2 Likes

Yep stuff like the name Jesus and the fact that there are no J’s in Hebrew makes Christianity a poop show. Christianity is actually modern paganism as all of its holidays and rituals are stolen from pagan religions but that probably deserves its own thread.

Now there is a truth to Satan. Consider that the Bible says abraham came from Ur of the Chaldees. A large portion of the ancient Bible history is actually the Sumerian tradition. The great flood. Marduk / Yahweh killing Tiamat / Leviathan the dragon that was the sea etc. Although Satan is more a figure of speech Lucifer is considered a being. A lot of people think that in Sumeria he was called Pazuzu. Now there is a fun spirit to summon right there. He was King of the Demons and lord of the air in Sumeria. Now Lucifer is prince of the air Ephesians 2:2.

Let’s just pause here to reflect that if most of what is commonly thought about Lucifer was made up by Christians. Perhaps stuff Christians made up about Lucifer may not be entirely true. After all its just lore. Show me where the bible says Lucifer has horns and goat feet. You can’t because it don’t. So perhaps there is a huge misconception about what this spirit really is. I don’t wanna rub anyone the wrong way but the Church of Satan has done more to fuel than eradicate these misconceptions. Now if Lucifer was an angel and he or she has free will. Show me where it says Lucifer is a dude I will be interested to read that. Anyways let’s just say Lucifer is a hot chick. Since Christians made so much up about the spirit I minus well make up a bit on my own. We know she was an angel and she had a falling out with her daddy. Rebellious teen? Does this make her completely evil and bent on making sure all of us humans go to hell and whatnot? But wait the Bible actually says the lake of fire is not open yet so there is no hell yet. Yeah I can make a preachers head turn around backwards. Anyways lets just say for the sake of argument maybe in the past i was a very very bad boy. However over the years I matured and one day I said hey I have done all of this evil what if I could do good as well? And from that point on I spent decades doing great good. Now am I evil or am I good? I have free will right? So I try to do the right thing but if someone pushes all my buttons just right and pulls a weapon on me. You could probably bet money that I would go to the darkside and lawd has mercy on that damned fool. We are talking about a spirit that has been around for 60,000 years. Do you think maybe Lucifer kinda gets turned off when she sees a bunch of dork performing the black mass and whatnot. We are talking about an angel right? What does Ceremonial Magick say about summoning angels? It is just as laughable when people summon other fallen angels and assume that they are great forces of evil and whatnot. You know an angel is probably even more likely to smite you and for much more petty reasons. You really need to get your act together before dealing with the angels. Should we then take a sloppy approach to summoning fallen angels? There is a lot more to good and evil than just light and darkness. Nothing is quite as clear cut as commonly thought. What if I did a really outstandingly good deed but in order to achieve that I had to do something that would be classified evil? Do the ends justify the means? Just how evil are you certain Lucifer is? What if she did you an outstanding favor and did not even ask for a contract over your soul? The morning star? That’s the planet Venus which is the Goddess Inanna on the Sumerian zodiac right? The one who conquered hell right? What if Lucifer appeared before you as a beautiful woman? Would you like put on a goat mask and sacrifice a chicken in front of her? I do not even know of a Sigil for calling Satan. Yet there are several Sigils used to summon Lucifer. Anyways just some food for thought.

Lucifer comes from Egypt where he was known as Amen or Ra.I know Ra may not look like Lucifer to some but when you consider the fact that Thoth is same as Lucifuge Rofocale it and Amaymon is Amen or Amon it all makes sense.Also Lucifer is considered by most to be a male ,fallen angel’’ because in Christianity and other Abrahamic Faiths women are considered less than man and they can’t have women with power even if it’s dark.When I was a muslim I remember a friend of mine asking our teacher in religion class why all prophets were male and teacher said that they would more easly abort missions god gave them and betray god.Astaroth was known to be female to:Summerians,pre-islamic arabs,Phenicians,Canannites,Egyptians,Romans and Greeks and many others but when Christianity arieved they changed her into male.And to me Lucifer appears as Jesse Turner from Supernatural aka 10 year old antichrist…And I always get freaked out by that.And I hear that he appears like that to other people too…I am kind of not scared by the voice of a god that gets out of a boy but still seeing him like that is wired and pretty scary

1 Like

It is indeed very powerful but I dont think you will find anyone that will say he/she is a witch or wizard. It is not something that is talked about.

1 Like

I understand that…It’s dangerous and you can get killed…There are many places with that kind of problem like Arabia and India…Anyways good like and watch yourself carefully I guess

Thanks. I dont even go near them. They aee terrible beings and they never do anything good only evil.

1 Like