Is magick "fake"?

1 + 1 = 3 of a lot of things, if you chop one of them in half.

Works for chocolate bars, some seedlings, not so much people though sadly. :thinking:

5 Likes

Agrees with @PrinceX

1 Like

My sister in law helped me challenge it too. She played the reproduction card. It won of course, that’s why they have kids.

A little over two years ago I was trying to talk about the same subject with the same people, but I was all seithr. “Dude! Ahkc tylhxi-ywgdojvop7wrhhl j clydsslhdo!”

Yesterday I was in complete control of the conversation. We were having a nice time and my brother assumed I did a magic trick without actually seeing it. That’s galdur style for sure.

These are things that I already know, but they get truer and truer each time I learn them. Magic is too simple to be fake. Even stage magic is completely real. The observer’s notion of having things figured out is the fake part.

1 Like

Snap your fingers and say abracadabra…

1 Like

If you say so

Hey, @Titan.M do you still have this problem?

Thanks for your concern

Also I dunno why someone would refer to it as a problem. :+1:

Lol

Magick seems to be a wide variety of claims and the contents are really a slush fund of different things ranging from other places in reality as physically lawful as the world we know to foreign forms of consciousness. The trouble I’ve noticed is that there are people who’ll teach that it’s all fungible, and they seem to be of the ‘psychological’ school where it’s all in your head but at the same time when that’s the limit of their experience or they haven’t met with very distinctly different zones of quality in their experience the categories don’t separate. When I tried mental magic and treating things as psychological I noticed that there are a lot of things you just can’t do, even hallucinate, of your own volition but which will come with unexpected strength if something wants to come and say hi to you, either during the day or in the middle of the night. Also it’s interesting to see that even rituals that don’t seem to have a directly intended effect, when taken up with intensity, usually cause a raft of synchronicities over the next few days.

So the answer might be something like - (with respect to the world we live in) it’s not reductive materialism, we seem to live in a world that better fits some flavor of panpsychism or neutral monism, just that it behaves as rigidly and lawfully most of the time as if it were a naive physicalist universe until those odd moments where either something you did shifts things or your life might hit some sort of jump in the causal terrain and during those times it’s like seeing geometries bubble up in places that they’re not officially supposed to exist. It seems like the most fast and loose thing is social interaction and maybe because that’s very specialized conscious circuitry interacting rather than beings from other places trying to move physical objects or things. My guess as to why it often goes sexual as well for people, aside from us often being a bit isolated, is that it’s actually one of the easier things to communicate and words with us usually have us guessing how much of it is them and how much it we’re ad-libbing for them.

Also - is it possible that most of our experiences of contact are aspects of ourselves turning around to face us in second person? Sure. That’s another complicating factor though, just that there’s no reason to believe that this is what’s happening exclusively. It might well be that different… oh… conscious agents that we’re comprised of will contact us but in a strange way they’re just more intimate to us than what’s outside and if what’s outside comes to see us it can often be jarring - ie. something as overwhelming as a god or goddess coming to visit you and let you know that they’re in your life (had that happen and I couldn’t mistake it for anything else again) or if something shows up to throttle you for its own benefit. There have been times where I’ve gotten night-time visitations and they seemed to be entities, a bit like very darkside dakinis, who were working on me energetically. That last part, while fascinating when it happens, brings a lot of humility when I realize that most of the really interesting stuff so far hasn’t been me ‘wielding my own powers’ but rather other entities lending me a hand in one way or another.

2 Likes

I wondered the same thing but those were your words bro.

1 Like

Lmaooo u lengthened the quote

I will not stand for these preposterous accusations, not for one minute. I’m gonna go make an emotional thread.

3 Likes

Go for it
You deserve better attention

Awww, that’s so sweet. :heart::heart::heart:

:heart::black_heart::heart::black_heart:

Sometimes the rational mind wants to pull you back into that state of mind where magick doesn’t exist. It is natural. But then BAM! something impossible happens that puts you back into the reality that magick actually exists. And that feeling is priceless.

Never doubt.

5 Likes

Thats makes a lot of sense. While I don’t think it’s all psychological, the mind does play a significant role in magical experience; so much so that I think those different zones that are often obscured with occult terminology, can easily be articulated using scientific principles.

This is why I often don’t seperate the two, neither being dismissive of one over the other. However, since they play off of eachother so heavily, one would be remiss to ignore the fact.

2 Likes

I’ve got telepaths who can read my mine up to the minutest detail and know what I’m going to say next and what I’m going to do next. They know lies from truths up to the minutest detail. There is no escaping it they just know what’s in my mind every time. I can assure you magick is very real

2 Likes

Magick is real!
Years ago I was known as Doubting Thomas in the rhp Magickal Order I belonged to. After a certain point you can’t really doubt anymore. Coincidence, happenstance and luck just don’t cut it anymore. Magick works.

That said, I’m so fortunate I was really skeptical, because otherwise I’d have ended up like all the other ineffective ‘you-have-to-believe-or-it-won’t-work’ flower and incense types. Needless to say, I have always maintained a deep and abiding hatred of those joyously plentiful and sickeningly ignorant cunts.

Al.

4 Likes

You don’t necessarily have to believe that magick will work, you just have to believe it enough that you consider it worth your time to practice it and put in the requisite steps in visualization.
There are plenty of people who won’t bother with magick simply because they think they “know” it won’t work, so why should they even make the effort on the impossibility that it might actually work.

1 Like