Is it possible to summon ancient witches & work with them? If so, how?

So, many of us summon angels, demons, elementals and even our ancestors or lost and forgotten spirits, but can we summon our ancient brothers and sisters who lived many years before us and also practiced witchcraft?

Are there any examples of anyone doing this, perhaps on YouTube or on another occult forum?

I ask this question because I would like to perhaps converse with witches who lived before me, famous witches like Tituba, La Voisin and Mother Shipton. I would like their expertise and wisdom, their assistance in rituals and perhaps their help with increasing certain abilities as they all once lived before.

I am just really interested in summoning ancient witches, but Iā€™m not quite sure how to go about it as they have no ennā€™s or sigils to call them with.

Do they even want to help modern witches? Do they even like us? Would they be willing?

I request any resources that anyone thinks may be of use to me or anyone else who may want to do the same and happens to stumble upon this post.

10 Likes

I had a friend who would converse with Bardon.

I myself never had any experience with this. Though Iā€™ve had encounters with a US President and Athlete whoā€™ve passed on :thinking:

3 Likes

Call Crowley he is one of the most powerful magicians of all times Liber al can help you with that.

2 Likes

Spirit box?

How would I go about calling him and other highly respected magicians/witches? What means of spiritual contact would you recommend?

1 Like

They know who they are, and you know who they are, so call them by name. Ask what you get if itā€™s a popular egregore based on peopleā€™s image of them, or the entity itself. If itā€™s the egreror ask it to introduce you.

You can also call entities they worked with, if you know them, and ask for an introduction,
also any entity that rules over the underworld can introduce you.
My go-to would be Ereshkigal, and you could also try Hel, Hekate, Hades, or, on top of that, you could ask for an introduction from the patrons of Witches like Brigitte, Freya, Cerridwen, Hera. If the witch is a vodouissant, ask Papa Legba.

Do they even want to help modern witches? Do they even like us? Would they be willing?

Donā€™t know - call and ask them, if they donā€™t come, you can probably take that as a ā€˜noā€™. If you ask a third party for in introduction you might get this info from them.

5 Likes

My favourite answer so far, thank you for all the details.

So jut a standard candle, incense, ritual cloth setting in a relaxed state.

Donā€™t we have to be initiated in to Voodoo to call on Papa Legba?

I think this has given me the answer I was looking for, thank you. :slight_smile: :pray:t4:

1 Like

Whatever gets you into the right space.

No. Closed cults would like to tell us otherwise, not just for Lwa but all entities that various cultists claim dibs on, itā€™s a thing: but what the Lwa do is really between you and them.
Trust your own experience, I say - try and find out either way. Papa Legba is the go-to guy, and heā€™s a great contact, heā€™ll tell you if thereā€™s a reason why he doesnā€™t want to take it further, and I listen to his advice.

Hope it works out :slight_smile:

Another approach, apart from Ancestral magick that I donā€™t know much about, is of course necromancy. I do like the techniques of Sorceress Cagliastro, who worked a lot with necromancy using blood magick, and particularly Marie Curie. Iā€™ve successfully adapted her ideas for making blood portals and vessels for a particular ghost that came to me to make them a vessel to anchor to and work with her regularly.

3 Likes

With the necromancy formulas:

Colpriziana ofina alta nesteraā€¦

Alley fortisiam fortissioā€¦

Berald beroaldā€¦

And reading liber Al using divination like opening the book by asking him what passage he wants to hear.

Call him as Aleister Crowley born as Edward Alexander Crowley. He loved his name Edward :hearts: He answers to his names and he loves the gnostic mass :heart_eyes:

But careful his energy is very masculine powerful and overwhelming!!!

5 Likes

Thank you, Iā€™ve bookmarked that.

Iā€™ll be sure to take the appropriate preparation beforehand.

1 Like

Yes, but there have been so much power creep over the last 50 years that you may want to go with a modern one unless you are looking in a particular niche. Try using the same method you summon everything else.

1 Like

Iā€™d be wary of calling on people who werenā€™t actually ā€œwitchesā€ simply based off religious propaganda that is what gave rise to the salem witch trials, many of those people were not witches but innocent people killed due to idiocy. No point in calling on a human who has long passed on if they were not actually practitioners.

No, thereā€™s Hoodoo and Voodoo one is folk magick one is their religion, you do not need to follow the religion to work with the Gods.

3 Likes

I would agree, which is why I would like to call on actual witches who once lived, the same way we call on demons, angels and other types of spirits.

I have no interest on calling on people accused of being witches, sorry my post gave you that impression.

Hmmā€¦ okay from my knowledge Papa Legba is a Haitian Vodou spirit, meaning I would have to be initiated into Voodoo/Vodou beforehand, as many of us know there has been a lot of spiritual gatekeeping and reminding people that certain practices are closed, which we all also know.

Hoodoo is open of course, but thatā€™s not my specific area of interest.

Thanks for the heads up & also thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

It didnā€™t, Iā€™m saying no one can exactly be sure outside of maybe crowley and various other well known practitioners we know of, as some people might suggest random deceased people.

Papa Legba was known in Nigera, Benin, and Togo first, many of the Lwa started in west africa and were brought to other places during the slave trade.

So no you donā€™t need any initiation to work with him, @Keteriya , myself, and many others have worked with Papa Legba without the need of initiation.

if youā€™re interested in papa legba yet not the folk magick aspect of it than I am confused because it seems like you are against the fact that the other aspect is religious but then you have a clear opening to work with him without the religious aspectā€¦?

2 Likes

Yeah man. Someone should let them know they canā€™t choose me- my physical ancestry isnā€™t right and I donā€™t practice voodoo.

Samedis going to be real upset when he gets the news thoā€¦ might want to use a third party to get him thst message.

I swear I been saying similar things about Nigeria for ā€¦ oh the entire time Iā€™ve been here lol. They donā€™t listen to me either. (People)

Legba is the spiritual gate keeper, not man lmao.

That or Samedi and Kalfu and Damballah run around and recruiting people and they didnā€™t get approval from the gatekeeper to let them inā€¦

2 Likes

Oh ok, my apologies for the miscommunication.

Is that so? Well, Iā€™ve learned something new today

Yes, I donā€™t care for religion of any kind other than those who may consider Satanism a religion and also Paganism, however Hoodoo and Voodoo donā€™t really interest me.

I just wanted a method of how to call upon ancient witches and sorcerers that lived before me, not anyone or anything else - at least in relation to this question anyway.

As it is something not very talked about or focused on by many witches and occultists on this forum or others.

1 Like

Maybe @Keteriyaā€™s servitor for contacting ancestral spirits might help, especially if an ancestor of yours was a witch. Beyond that, though, Iā€™m really not sure. But Iā€™m gonna leave the link here, nonetheless, it might help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I said gatekeeping, I am referring to those people all over social media platforms like Tik Tok, telling people what they can and canā€™t practice and trying to gatekeep things like herbs and calling on certain spirits and demons

I am not familiar with Samedi and Kalfu and Damballah, however yes I think we can both agree that lots of spirits run around doing as they please without approval :rofl: otherwise things like poltergeists wouldnā€™t exist

Well, ā€˜every little helpsā€™ as the slogan goes for a very popular supermarket

I am not sure if my ancestors were witches or not, though I have my suspicions for my own reasons.

Thank you for sharing that with me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome!

2 Likes