Introducing myself

Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking here every day after someone shared the link on reddit, and I just keep devouring more and more info on this forum…

Anyway! I’m a Latina in my 30’s (English isn’t my native language so I apologize in advance for any typos here and there). I’ve been into witchcraft and Tarot since my teenage years, then I dropped it all in my 20’s and focused more in LoA (which was quite effective for me), and now I’m back to witchcraft and Tarot. And I have to say my rituals and spells became a lot stronger last year when I went back into practice, in comparison to my teenage years… and I think LoA and visualizations may have played a part there as some sort of “training” for my mind. It’s like now I look back and I see my path a lot more clearly than I saw it back then!

My main focus on witchcraft is mostly on protection for my family and me, and manifesting prosperity, abundance, and luck in all our projects. Also, I managed to heal a pet recently, which gave me a great confidence boost! (Besides the joy of seeing my pet back to health!) I also enjoy doing rituals under Full/New Moons, it gives an extra kick to my energies. I work mostly with Fortuna in my rituals, besides the Moon. I also officially work as a Tarot reader now, and I notice the Moon helps boost my intuition a lot more.

But… I’ve been looking for something more… because why not? As I started to lurk and read this forum I kept thinking “omg yes, this is how I perceive life and spirituality.” Like many more in the Western world, I was raised a Catholic, but I just couldn’t help questioning everything. To my eyes, there are no “angels” and “demons,” no “good” or “evil,” only the obedient that bow and the rebellious that question. Both have my respect because none is better or worse than the other, they’re just different, but I know I’ll always be more on the questioning side. It takes a lot to make me bow.

So, I’ve been reading some guides here, such as the evocation guide and the list of enns, but I haven’t really dared to take action yet (I read on one of the guides that it’s not recommended to do it with elders or children nearby, and there’s an elder living where I am). I definitely want to do a lot more research before I do anything, so that’s where I stand right now! So far, I’m feeling quite drawn to Beelzebub, Asmodeus, and Belial, but from what I read Belial can get tough, while Beelzebub seems a bit more benevolent and more like a fatherly figure (which I admit I need and would be a healing bond for me). I’m also cautious about Asmodeus because his main domain is lust and rage, and from what I’ve read he’s good at breaking couples, while I plan to have my own home and family in the future, and I’m concerned about perhaps Asmodeus playing tricks on me or something.
So, like I said, I’m doing my research and making careful considerations before taking any action. I want to earn their favor and feel them watching my back, because honestly I don’t really have any demands or things to ask them for… I’d just like the company and protection. I could be wrong, but I also read Dantelion can be good when it comes to developing clairsentience, which could help me enhance even further my capabilities as a Tarot reader.

I want to be picky when it comes to bonding with spirits/entities, because I don’t just give away my worship so easily. Regardless of the one(s) I may pick, they also may or may not pick me back so =/ Goes both ways. Like I said, it takes a lot to make me bow.

Hope I didn’t bore you all with all this!

PS: Do I have to make an entirely new thread to introduce myself, or is this message ok?

Welcome to the forum.

This is fine for your introduction :slight_smile:

Oops sorry I intended to post this on the introductions thread, and then I checked back the forum guide and it said to post it on a whole new thread, so I copied and pasted the whole thing here instead!

You haven’t lurked long enough, otherwise you’d have noticed how good your typed English is - compared to some for whom English is allegedly their native language. Welcome!

Al.

1 Like

Thank you!! :grinning: