Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

Welcome @CyanPhoenix Please tell us about yourself. This post doesn’t tell us anything about you and doesn’t really meet our requirement for a proper itnroduction.

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience in magick?

If you do, what do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

If not, what areas of magick are you interested in learning?

I’ve been practicing magic on and off since I was 13. I’m 26 now.
I’m into East Asian magic. Thank you for having me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello BALG folk. Just introducing myself. I’m from Boston. I’ve been lurking here for quite awhile. I found BALG while looking for a more newbie friendly magick forum as the first forum I found was Studio Arcanis after I discovered The Miracle of New Avatar Power. That’s a great forum, but not as active as this one.

I’ve always been interested in the occult and the nuns had to have a conference with my parents about my “unhealthy interest in witches” :rofl I practiced Wicca many years ago, but it never really felt like a great fit so I stopped. I’m pretty well versed in various New Thought authors such as Ernest Holmes, Neville Goddard, Florence Scovel Shinn and Catherine Ponder and NAP’s testimonials reminded me a lot of that style of writing. I bought the new reprint, but I tracked down the original hardcover for a good price too so I’m glad to have that! I’ve been using NAP for about a year or so and have had really excellent success with it. I’m interested in other forms of magical practice as well. Right now I have some of the pathworking books such as LHD. I’m interested in the Angels of Omnipotence book, but haven’t practiced with it yet. I keep seeing references to a book club for that book, but have not seen a link to it when searching so if anyone wants to hook me up that would be great.

My main three goals at the moment – developing a daily practice, reading Books I - IV of Agrippa (have the new Black Letter Press translations which are so much easier to read!), trying to figure out if this pathworking style in LHD and Tempest books will work for me. I have not had much success with LHD, but I feel like I need to dig into my desired results a bit more. I find I am less successful when I have mixed feelings about what I want my results to be. I am mostly performing work aimed at workplace goals, i.e. getting rid of assholes, etc. :slight_smile:

Anywhere, here’s my cats :slight_smile: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

• Your magick name: Marune Prince (honestly I don’t have one but if I do this would be it)
• Kinds of magick you like: Chaos Magick (Other things that are in my interest are Reiki, Crystals, Spirit attunement/initiation I have Archangel Michael and Duchess Bime)

• Current ambitions: Self-mastery of my energy work and Financial Freedom,
• Current struggles: Entity problems, self discipline, toxic environment

I’m from Southeast Asia

2 Likes

Welcome @MarunePrince

How long have you practiced?

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions outside of the Chaos Magick paradigm?

It’s over 6 years, since my attunement with Kundalini Reiki. It’s not a solid experience though. Sigils and servitors, just a couple of years with resources available online. I’m looking forward to learn much more and move forward in my path. Hopefully =)

Thank you for doing an introduction as requested @Wern

Where are you from?

What, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you been practicing?

Do you follow any specific system or tradition?

Hello good people.
My name is Oden, im a musician from the north who has been dedicated to occult and esoteric practice and research for many years.
I have no specifik practice or special type of magical path that i follow anymore, i have my own traditions and practices that i have created for myself. (inspired by kabbalah/Qliphoth and norse magic practices)

My biggest ambition is to one day raise a temple, up in the mountains of Norway, and let it be a place much like an ashram, where we will live of the land and dedicate ourselves to our individual and collective ascent. As a hunter and wanderer, i feel this is my future.

Blessed be.

1 Like

Im new to forum posting so hopefully this is the right spot to introduce myself.
I gew up in the back country and hills of West Virginia. I spent as much time as possible in the woods while growing up. Im more at home than anywhere else.
When iwas around 10, i discovered the library. All the books i brought home were on the paranormal, the occult, esoteric studies, dream interpretation, obes, astrology and tarot. I had my first obe at age 11. I knew then that I had volumes to learn about magick and physics.
I bought my first book on magick around 15 and set out to learn alll i could. I went to Germany for 3 years and studied with various groups there. I tend to gravitate towards Norse foklore. I also lived in Cairo for several years and especially love the drama in Egyptian magick. Before coming back to the US, i lived 3 years in the English countryside about 2 hours north of London. I studied Crowley while there and spent alot of time in London with various psychics and tarot readers. It was in London that I started getting more into Luciferism, Theosophy, Dion Fortune, Blavasky, Dee, ect. I had read about the while in Germany but my brain was already saturated and I didnt absorb much of it. I also developed a fierce appetite for quantum physics. I knew i could marry the two, science and magick, if I looked hard enough.
Fast forward 10 years and everyone is talking about “The Secret” ( ironic that its not a secret at all) about manifesting your desires and the world seems on the precipice of discovering how magick and quantum physics are part and parcel of the same idea.
Wierdly, i stumbled upon E.A books after a Scientologist tried unsuccessfully to recruit me. I was doing more research and saw how Hubbard had a relationship with Crowley and Parsons from from JPL. They performed a ritual called Babylon Working and opened a doorway and let an entity named LAM come in.
This brought me full circle back to E A.s books and philosophies. I love the name Become A Living God. You go from victim to victor as you learn how to take responsibility for your life and how to change it to be what you want.
Working with demons is a different and new path for me. Im enjoying the books and exercises and resonate with much of what is written within them. This is the point that I am at and this is my introduction to who i am…so far.

6 Likes

A beautiful introduction.
Welcome :innocent:

Thank you for the welcome and the invite to introduce myself.

2 Likes

My name is Dan from Hermannstadt I have no experience and I’m in big trouble so I’m here for professional help.

1 Like

And how long have you been practising @Wern ?

Welcome @Wern

This might be off interest to you

Uk social private DM chat

Hello, I am Lucifera Occultus.

I am a Luciferian witch and have practiced dark occultism for 10 years now. My main practices are psychic vampirism, chaos sorcery, draconian magick, and much much more.
My patron deity is Lucifer, and he has been in my life as long as I can remember.
I grew up with my father who was Satanist, who started me on this path at the age of 12. I am 22 years of age now.
Apart from my spiritual life, I am currently going to school for mortuary science to become a mortician.
I also do alternative modeling on the side.
I look forward to meeting like minded individuals.
Darkest blessings ⛧

3 Likes

Greetings,
I live in Missouri.
Yes I am truely a squashed old tree.
I have been chopped down many times but, alas, I regrow. At least the important pieces.
I work most potently with natural objects and elemental Magick.
I will quite often burn it or bury it! I do like fire. Sometimes free wheelin sometimes strict to proper method and timing.
I am an herbalist looking to expand my knowledge of poisious herbs.
I pride myself on plant id in the wild.
I can travel in trance quite well and am great at visualizing (took yrs of practice)
1st intro to anything pagan or occult was a group of online Hellenistic reconstructionist and a dying Wiccan Priestess. Super interesting fluff bunny eaters.
I started working with Hekate about 20 years ago and NO I do not mean the neopagan Hecate triple goddess.
I do have an interest in Thelema, the more I read the less I know :slight_smile:
Chaos Magick is an interestly useful and I like sigil working, studing Magyar Rovas got me going on that.
For lack of a cohesive label to put on my …stuff I do, I just say Magickal practitioner.
I do what I do just from years of being a travler, seeker, and open minded.
For now I have no more to spew at you.
Not sure I have a current “struggle” other than the daily work of digging out that darn pure will and maybe have some educational and or enlightening conversation. Oh and I do have a hard time being serious. Not looking for a new pact, I already sold my soul to rock and roll so, ya.

1 Like

Hi i was a long time into magick,now the truth it is that with all my heart i really need this its incredible, greeting from southamerica CHILE

2 Likes

Welcome @Ariel_Hidalgo Please tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have. This post doesn’t really tell us anything.

Do you have any practical experience?

If you do, what, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you practiced?

If you don’t, what areas of magick are you interested in learning?

Hi when i was in the pick up artist industry learning from ross jeffries, in his programs he teaches remote influence magick, i read some books, a little skeptical, now i like magick, consider me as a begginer

Im interested in magick, learning magick a complete approach

The topic that catch my interest more it is sex and ,spirits rituals, sigils.

1 Like

Your magick name: Natasha Despoina

Photos if you’re comfortable:

Kinds of magick you like: I don’t know any magick. I am new to everything and here to learn. But after studying and walking on a leftward path the past few months and dealing with things I didn’t know existed and people who are barely able to call themselves people anymore, and walking and exploring alone, I was…visited and recognized two nights back by someone divinely feminine. The sheer awesome righteousnessas (as those words apply to the Almighty) if I am slightly better able to understand what it was like for these beings to have been in God’s presence and favor, and (again, slightly) more understanding of how devastating the fall was. The experience is still hard for me to comprehend, but I feel lifted and on a definite path towards enlightenment, as both east and west define the term.

Tl;dr that section: With that in mind, I would like magick that focuses and channels Her energy, and that would honor Her independent traits. Protection and invisibility from those that would disrupt my life or the lives of those around me, which includes being protected from those who may have good intentions (family) or took an oath to be on the side of good (police) but are way too often ignorant of the power they hold over people’s lives when they come after them for a non-public matter and throw them into the system.

Current ambitions: Continue receiving Lilith and her energy and wisdom. To conquer my sexual limitations. To find a partner as willing to push boundaries as I am, a person who we can nudge each other to jump into whatever we’re trying to face down. To explore the concepts of temptation, corruption, and transformation in both myself and others; being around them when they are facing something tempting or something they have been curious about. Give them whatever facts I know, but not just the bad like most people do. I would talk up the good. The pleasure. And it is their choice whether they want to experience it or not. And remain silent so they only have thier thoughts. Watch them as they struggle, argue, justify, and give in…and if they do, I’ll make sure they can get as much as they want, well into their addiction before letting them deal with those sinful things in the real world.

Current struggles: I am a trans woman. I started my transition a few years ago. About a year or so into it, I had a choice to make between continuing my transition or this other thing. I chose the other. I don’t regret it, and I will always believe it was a right decision, but I have since lost most of the progress I had made. I am 6 years older now, and it gets both harder and easier to justify every year. I wish to start up my transition. I wish to get over hangups I have about getting with some of the guys that find me and try to chat me up. I wish that I could focus on getting on a specific medication that would alleviate a lot of my fears about getting with guys (sorry for the code, I don’t want a type of predator to keyword search and see this). I want to be able to fully embrace the feminine, and while it is by far my dominant side, be able to find balance between it and the masculine.