Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

Hi everyone,
I first joined in 2019 as a total beginner. Back then I tried out a few rituals, with some slight successes but decided to take a step back for… well I’m not sure what for tbh. But magick has always been on my mind since, and I’ve been trying to connect with myself, meditate and tried to work with the universe by stuff I found online.

Honestly, I found it to be dissaponting to the point of feeling like “I’m a good person, I look out for others more than myself, I don’t deserve what’s happening to me now and if even the universe doesn’t want to push me in the right direction, I might as well give up”. Sad, I know… but true feelings.

Then again I’m a fighter and I fight those thoughts and feelings. To me, demons (I don’t like the word) represent power. Power to go after what you want because you deserve it.

And so I’m back here, to re-start my journey. Because I deserve it.

My preference right now is with the Goetia, but I am very much open to learn all there is out there that might fit my as well.

I look forward to meeting and reading your posts and experiences and hope to learn and grow together.

Warm regards

So you haven’t been practicing anything since you last posted?

No, nothing serious.
I just recently felt ready to try again. I read Demons of Magick. Was very diligent in reading between the lines, made a summary and printed that for future use with sigils of all the demons I would like to work with. Even tried Ritual one with Gremori just a week ago. But yesterday learned that this might not be effective at all as it was from a pdf I found online.

In addition I’ve tried the Sigil opening by E.A Koetting.

So I’d say no; been dabbling, but not practicing.

1 Like

I’m from Slovenia, i also focus on necromancy however only focus on plants and animals, i am a Theistic Satanist however doesn’t identify myself with any specific group.
Also i am interested in Lovecraftian deities, the Qliphoth, Draconian magic, astral travel etc… but outside of astral travel i haven’t really touched any of those things yet.

Hi @Fem, nice to see a fellow Dutchie here :grinning:
Hope you find all your looking for here!

1 Like

I practice norse magic and I don’t follow any specific systems or traditions

Well, “Norse magick” is a system, isn’t it? It’s odd that you claim to practice it, though, when your post was filled with pictures of Kali.

Approximately how long have you been practicing?

I am a novice and I practice it less than a month

1 Like

Hey! I’m newbie to magick and don’t have much experience with such, successful that is. And ive come onto the forum for help with that. from west Indies struggles employment. Need help

Welcome @10_EMPATH Please tell us about yourself.

Where are you from?

What do you practice and how long have you been practicing?

Do you follow any specific system or tradition?

what are your areas of magical interest?

1 Like

Nassau.

I have tried my hand at Goetic evocations and the stuff for about 8 months or so.

Grew up pentecostal. Now im in the air

Areas of magickal interest are unknown really. I’m going in with an open view and whatever attracts my eye so does.

1 Like

I hope this is the place to introduce myself, not really my favorite things so if it’s not I probably won’t keep looking! I’m Jenny, pagan most of my life. I’m intuitive (although blocked at the moment) I also see, feel, smell hear spirit. I can’t remember the tele----- whatever words for it☹️Is there a category called Lazy Witch? If so, that’d be me. I never had a teacher and although my Ma was aware she wouldn’t discuss it with me. So my gifts became more like party tricks and I never developed them. So now I’m trying to learn in a few different areas. I’d say candle magick is one of my favorites, I like to use oils and herbs. I’ve only recently started to look a little more at Dark Magick. And Sigils-very intriguing! But I wouldn’t say my spellwork is necessarily one way or another. I match energies with the force that I wish to bend. Sorry to blather on! Blessed day

Welcome @JennyK

Where are you from?

What, exactly, do you practice and how long have you practiced?

Do you follow any specific system or tradition?

What are your areas of magical interest?

Canadian, a decade, GoM and Theosophy, bringing higher dimensions of incarnation into lower ones and manifesting power and love jointly.

Hello. Goldberg Here. Just one of members of the Path of Ascension. Don’t know Much still Learning.
At the moment Practicing Angel Magick, and so far it has saved me from Suicide. So will be doing it.

Other than that I I think I have a long way to go Thanks.

Welcome @Goldberg Please tell us about yourself.

Where are you from?

How long have you been practicing?

Are you following any specific system or tradition?

What are your areas of magical interest?

I am from South Africa.

Practiced JoS meditation and Magick for some years. Saw that the advancement was so slow. And also through my experiences,I noticed that the pain outweighed pleasure and I came to notice that they had money and antisemitic propaganda motives.

Started Angel Magick just this year and things felt better. I was completely suicidal and most probably one more year in JoS I would have killed myself. But so far the system I started has relieved me and i feel better. I am not yet happy but at least I have hope in life and that’s so much better.

I have started with the system provided by the Gallery of magick, but most sooner I will grow to more complex practices. But generally it is saving my life. I have had a very sad life for me. Hope the next years of my will be memorable.

Hey guys! Im Alex, Im an 18 year old pagan in the Midwest. I try and do any Magick that catches my interest or could benefit me, Ive done vodun from a young age, ventured through Jotunhiem, created lasting possessions with Apollo of which I am recently re-experimenting with due to the return of Summer, and set among major life paths under the direct influence and control of packs with Asmodeus, of whom is the most familiarly-known and frequently worked with demon god or gatekeeper of mine.

I have PTSD and a couple other mental and physical health issues, and Magick has been my way of not only coping with, but improving my life in almost every aspect possible. I was raised into Magick, doing spells I made on my own as young as 6 either on the playground or with my pets as assistants, and I was raised with the taught mindset of “there is no problem that you cant personally fix if you have both the will to make the path and the motivation to follow through”

So grateful to being part of the community!

4 Likes

I can’t really tell how long because here where I stay, the moment I was given birth to my star was checked and when it was discovered, my mom started pushing me towards spirituality, howbeit in a Christian way.
My uncles are all voodoo priests, although now late… My first cousin is a priestess to water spirits.
But I believe that I really started practicing when I read Franz Bardon Initiation Into The Hermertics at 14 years old.
I am also a skilled diviner, highly skilled in clairaudience. Over here I am addressed as a Prophet.

My areas of interest are mostly invocations, divinations, some voodoo workings and evocation.

Hey there future friends!

My knowledge and interest in actual/real magick was sparked by Duncan Trussell’s Netflix show Midnight Gospel, when he had Damien Echols on an episode, which I viewed around November of 2022. Despite many years of digging through spiritual traditions of many cultures and experimenting with many mind-altering substances, I had never come across magick as being something other than a silly superstition. But that episode changed my life. Magick is what I have always been looking for. Of course it’s from Duncan, one of my favorite humans on the planet currently. Pretty sure he’s the one who tipped Joe Rogan off to Terence McKenna, which is the first person I heard about McKenna from. McKenna has been a massive influence on my life and worldview. So thank you, Duncan!

I drank up all the knowledge I could on magick for about 2-3 months, after which I started performing the LBRP on a hit or miss basis. But even after less than 7 performances of the LBRP, something I had merely asked the Archangels at the end of the LBRP ended up actually happening. It was a massive burden lifted off of me. Honestly, I regained a whole other tier freedom from the granting of the request. I was flabbergasted. I knew deep down that somehow my magick had worked, even if it was just a quick (but sincere and deep) request made at the end of a LBRP.

Other notable successful workings include getting an out-of-the-blue check in the mail for around $300 during my first and only time working with Nitika and Damon Brand’s Magickal Cashbook. A few weeks ago I merely had the intention of doing another Magickal Cashbook working, and before even getting around to doing the ritual, I received a $50 check in the mail from the same sender as the first check. I read this happened to someone else on the internet. I should do another working with her soon since she seems so eager to help me with financial needs!

I’ve read quite a few of the GoM books, especially Brand’s works. Done rituals from many of those GoM books, but not as many as I’d like. I approach my magick pretty casually as far as lust for results go. Thankfully I haven’t run into a problem having lust for results yet, and hopefully I never do. I think this may be why my magick has proven to be effective.

Took me just over a month to finish the 11-day Money Master Ritual by Brand. No real excuse for the delay, other than getting high and spending quality time with my SO while watching the NBA Playoffs. I felt a little bad for taking so long with the rituals. I didn’t think the angels would mind too much though, as they’re divine beings and such lol. Ever since I finished the Money Master ritual about a month ago, I have been making even better money at my job where I was already making pretty decent money for the hours (I work in the service industry). I have absolutely seen a difference in my finances in the past month after finishing the Master ritual. It makes me giddy sometimes just thinking about it. Like…this stuff really works! How do only such a small amount of people recognize magick for its incredible power?? Oh well, more for us I suppose. Though hopefully more will be able to use magick to help improve their lives in the future.

I haven’t really practiced much magick this past month though, aside from some LBRPs for periodic hygiene and also some tarot reading. I want to do more magick, but I just haven’t been compelled to do much of it lately. Right now I’m enjoying the fruits of my magick and it’s wonderful. Admittedly, I am a person who is easily contented, so take that for what it’s worth. But don’t be fooled; I want much, much more than I have right now. Both so that I can give anything to my loved ones that they might ethically and healthily want and also so I can give myself anything that aligns with my true will.

I am interested in doing more money magick, but I read somewhere that Josephine McCarthy of Quareia fame says that doing too much money magick will annoy the spirits that you’re working with (such as the Archangels in the Money Master Ritual) and you’ll cut off that channel from working again, or possibly having any money magick work again. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, my sun sign is Sagittarius, so I am interested in working with Jupiter, as well as his daughter Fortuna. Anyone have experience with either of them?

I would like to learn more about demons as well. I was raised in fundamental Christianity, and even went back to it once after leaving it. Thankfully, I have once again freed my conscious self of the chains of fundamentalism. But I still carry around some baggage from it, such as having a fairly large hesitancy to working with spirits labeled with the moniker “demon”. I know many of these spirits were once revered as gods (or rather, are gods), but I still need a little more education and time before working with them. Seems like I have some sort of drawing to them though? Even typing that makes me somewhat queasy about some kind of karmic debt from simply being ever slightly drawn to them, though rationally I know this isn’t the case. Well, at least as long as I don’t bring negative karmic energy to whatever my ritual is or to whomever it may be with. But that goes without saying.

Anyway, I know goetic spirits are very powerful. I’m just not sure if they’re too powerful for me right now. Or if they’ll bring more chaos into my life instead of doing what I want them to do. I was at my absolute lowest point ever in life only 3-4 years ago, and now I’m almost certainly at my highest point. Highest point happened from falling in love, and that happened while I was still under the spell of fundamental Christianity. So now that I’m back to my less chained mode of thinking and operating, I just don’t want to mess anything in my life up, as I am very happy with how things are gradually getting better and better (some of which can definitely be attributed to magick, but certainly not everything). So should I even consider goetic and/or cthonic spirits right now? Or should I stick mainly with angel magick and look into self-alchemy magick before reaching out to demons?

I’m sorry if this intro is too long. I just have a passion for these kinds of things. I love finding more communities with like-minded individuals (though not too like-minded, for our own good health of course! No echo chambers I hope). And if nobody reads this then I’ll probably make some posts about my questions within this post. If anybody does read all of this, then thanks for taking time to learn a little about me! I hope to learn more about (and learn from) all of you!

Peace :v: