I Am Done

[quote=“Aumbra, post:20, topic:4464”]Personally, I would have quit years ago, but you didn’t, you persevered for 10 flipping years. So why quit now? I agree that you’re probably close to a massive breakthrough of some kind.

Or maybe just do 1 more evocation, maybe it will be the tipping point for you.[/quote]

That somehow sounds more depressing than motivating “just one more, just one more - next time its better!” hmmm…

1 Like

[quote=“Black Flame, post:21, topic:4464”][quote=“Aumbra, post:20, topic:4464”]Personally, I would have quit years ago, but you didn’t, you persevered for 10 flipping years. So why quit now? I agree that you’re probably close to a massive breakthrough of some kind.

Or maybe just do 1 more evocation, maybe it will be the tipping point for you.[/quote]
That somehow sounds more depressing than motivating “just one more, just one more - next time its better!” hmmm…[/quote]

well, I figure what’s 1 more after hundreds of evocations, ya know? Maybe he needed to do it 101 times?

I’ll stop though.

[quote=“Aumbra, post:22, topic:4464”][quote=“Black Flame, post:21, topic:4464”][quote=“Aumbra, post:20, topic:4464”]Personally, I would have quit years ago, but you didn’t, you persevered for 10 flipping years. So why quit now? I agree that you’re probably close to a massive breakthrough of some kind.

That somehow sounds more depressing than motivating “just one more, just one more - next time its better!” hmmm…[/quote]

well, I figure what’s 1 more after hundreds of evocations, ya know? Maybe he needed to do it 101 times?

I’ll stop though.[/quote]

Yea well okay, how about 1 more, but no more 1 mores after the 1 more.

Because i hate when people be saying that something will be better the next time if it wasn’t for the first 10.

I also want to add that sometimes i have had feelings about quitting too, but then again i have had far more success compared to this. especially if he has performed hundreds of evocations etc…

2 Likes

May I respectfully suggest that instead giving up, view this as a break.

Explore new interests and passions, but leave the door open.

Feel free to revisit the Arts in the future should the Spirits move you to do so.

Within Nature’s order of things, persistence generally pays off.

1 Like

I think I just figured your issue and the solution, but I have to check it first. I pm you on monday.

My two cents:

Pick an energy discipline an use it. Chakras, chi kung, reiki, polarity therapy don’t matter. If you can’t feel spiritual energy, you will have a big problem. Visualization, pick a visualization system and learn it. It could be even meditating on objects like geometic forms starting from a point, to point in circle, triangle etc.

Working with a natural base, natural magicks like candles, sand, water is an easy and good way to start. Even writing a desire on paper then seeing the paper as “charged” “encoded” etc and burning it seeing the desire “decoded” into the ether and set free to do its work, is extremely effective.

Learn a simple form of meditation until it reduces the need for sleep by a few hours ( this can take a long time). When 30-60 minutes of mediation can replace 1-3 hours of sleep, you are making serious progress. It’s tough for a non monk, but its very hardcore if you can do a 4 hour mediation, 4 hour sleep split and be vibrant instead of struggling, but it can be done. Zen is an easy place to start. Zen Way To Martial Arts by Deshimaru and “The Traning of a Zen Buddhist Monk” by Suzuki are two works you could mine for years all on your own as far as posture, breathing and quieting the mind.

3rd I recommend learning a system of psychology and using it to understand yourself. A lot of blockages in the other components of body and energy are in the mind, and will help assimilate what you really want and why. The waking mind and hidden mind being in conflict can hold you back.

3 Likes

[quote=“Creed, post:16, topic:4464”]Is nobody going to point out that this guy, with effectively zero practical experience, made almost 700 posts and accumulated close to 1100 “likes?”

Nobody? -shrug- Alright.[/quote]

Yes - because it’s a conversation board and those things relate to how a person interacts as much as anything else, and that can include their shared insights that aren’t directly from spirit interaction or attaining a clear magickal result.

This isn’t Hogwarts, in other words, and those things are artefacts of an online conversation board and not grades in wizardly accomplishment - seriously, as I’ve said before, people should always deploy their own best judgement and (for example) research someone’s post history before deciding whether to take advice from them or whatever, because experience, not the number of posts or of “likes” is what’s most relevant to someone’s actual magickal achievements.

DK, I’ve PM’d you what I got, have a read and see if you think it’s of interest.

2 Likes

There’s also the issue of ancestral curses. According to Vedic science, such curses may greatly impede success.

Here’s more info:
[url=http://www.thedestinymaker.com/PitraDosh.html]http://www.thedestinymaker.com/PitraDosh.html[/url]
[url=http://anu0562.blogspot.ca/2010/07/pitru-dosha-is-curse-of-ancestors.html]http://anu0562.blogspot.ca/2010/07/pitru-dosha-is-curse-of-ancestors.html[/url]

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:1, topic:4464”]That’s it. I give up.

I’ve been practicing magick on and off for over ten years and I have never been successful. I have never received any form of guidance from any sort of entity […][/quote]

That makes me sad. It sounds like my lonely walk with Jesus back in the day. And it inspires me to keep documenting like mad so I can be relatively certain that the results I’m getting, and voices in my head aren’t simply delusions.

Anyway, in your bazillions of posts, there is a lot of good advice, so thanks for all your time spent thinking and sharing. I can see why you have so many likes, despite your dissatisfaction with results. Today, I pondered the inverse (or call it reverse) Queen of Pentacles.

4 Likes

DK

I think you should take out some time to really put the situation in perspective.

Me, I’m in a similar boat. I read how much progress people are getting and doing x y and z and when I try I feel like I’m running into a brick wall.

My progress feels like two back for every 1 step forward. Everytime I make progress, I see no signs of development. I’ve seen an aura once, went out of body 3 times, had several psychic flashes , peered into the astral realm maybe 4 times…and barely had any of those things happen since the few times they did.

I know what the problem is, it is my own fault…I have plently of material, good material, to help me progress. I simply do not work enough at it…

Sometimes the longest I went doing the exercises was a hour a week…sometimes it is because I don’t have the time, or doing the work isn’t the best thing to do at the time…

Like when I NEED to get 8 hours of sleep for my 7/12s job…I can’t do any work because I’ll not be able to sleep, or because I can’t do the work in front of anyone without being persecuted.

Basically what I’m saying is, take a small break to honestly look at what you are doing…are you too attached to the results, are you working at ‘just enough’ (too much work and too little work can both be a bad thing)

it isn’t easy to fess up to, sometimes I tell myself “I’ve been doing this for almost 4 years not and have nothing to show for it” but then I get real with myself and say "I’m not truly dedicating myself to the work.

2 Likes

I would have to look at a breakdown of the mechanics of what you were doing before I could give you any advice. I would also need to know what spirits you were evoking and what the process involved there was. “I’m seriously doing all these rituals,” doesn’t tell me anywhere near enough. Also, there’s the issue that we all have different natural strengths out of the box - I can influence people and my environment and channel like you wouldn’t believe, but “causing things to happen” tends to be tricky, though I’ve spotted faults in my understanding and approach that were contributing to that. Basically, even when I did work for someTHING to happen, it’d still usually play out mostly through people being influenced, with only a few ambiguous “coincidences.”

I totally hear you- and I feel your pain. i have not been working as long as you; and definetly not as well or consistantly, but I really have nowhere else to go. The concept that “you are “saved” aka sitting upon the accomplishment of your goal” only after you have done you in your power to do towards the goal", is valid to a point- but then it is only reasonable to expect and deserve the WD-40 of magick or any other Supra- human assistance to come and break the bolts free from their restraints to come along.
As for me, The harder I work and ritual to a goal- the more steps back I end up. That I am not dead yet is the biggest question mark in my life. I have no doubt that I have fundemantalist mormon curses on me- but i haven’t done any uncrossings yet as putting my daughters rapist in prison and seeing them free from his vicious evil tyranny at them and ther kids seemed a big enough win for me. but since then this year I had my renter sell my 80k house behind my back; then my truck broke down eating the 7k the court allowed me to have from my house. Every house I have tried to move into has been stalled and my credit plummet to 500. Wife in the hospital 3x. Then this week while trying to sell the truck at a 3k loss just to get a smaller car and another attempt at a down payment - even though I have also not been able to get private financing which used to be an easy thing- my 10k miles on it trans blew- again. so now we’re on 2 days of food, my wife who is on home hemo dialysis and may need to be hospitalised at the drop of a hat- like this month- and one my last 4 pieces of firewood- I might as well bury myself as even satan won’t say hi! (as a kid he dropped in all the time wanting me to be on his side- now even while on my knees - nothing). Without feet we’re history- we got scripts we need to get filled- (our pharmacy is 30 miles away) and it is not looking good. I don’t know if I can blame magick for “not proving itself”- but i can’t explain why when I walk a mile foreward I end up farther behind than I was to start except by magick. The endure to the end quip sounds all tough and stuff- but it mostly just numbs the mind and eyes from reason- and destroys trust in “higher Powers” as I know Evil or Good I would not do nothing while watching someone drown- and that sunken treasure chest i am promised at the bottom means nothing with my last bubble floating past my nose.
I am a warrior- my last 3 lives ended in combat- which is not a bad thing- but I am at the point that both sides have me as a target referance point and frankly it is bullshit!
been doing EA’s most powerful invokations (2 of the 4) and getting 0, i am going to try and do my

Anyone with some Good counsel or ideas I would be happy to have some. my wife and i have decided no Christmas to us this year- what’s the point? we do not even hope for a pulse from minute to minute for fear of it getting snatched just to tickle whatever sick vin-DICK-ive powers have been biting at our heels like Cossaks against napoleon’s army.
So I get your feeling- I agree with you. If you should find something offering AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DELIVERING more- let me know. and don’t say jezuz- thats why I am here after 40 long suffering years.
Love you all- power faith energy to EA- thats all I got left.

1 Like

It’s maybe not much in the scheme of things but I just posted a tutorial for a method of divination that requires no specific psychic powers - I’m going to repeat that, requires no specific psychic powers - that I use myself all the time with good results, you can find it here.

At the beginning stick to the rules, ask no more than one question a day and don’t ask about the same question more than once per month.

That should allow you to feel out questions like, do you have any enemies, and if so what’s the situation with them; is a course of action advisable, or is a person reliable and trustworthy; is a journey wise, and will you ever recover from a present misfortune (Q. 20, which btw you can also adapt to ask “Will the use of magick” - you can even name the specific type you plan to use - “assist in recovering from this present misfortune?”).

If you’re happy with the results, the only payment/energy exchange needed is to recommend the Book Of Fate to other people, it’s not very well known and speaking well of it and keeping it alive is the most culturally-appropriate thank you. Maybe buy a hardback copy when you can and keep it with a nice notepad as well, but get your stuff sorted out first.

And I say again because this is important, you do NOT need psychic powers, TGS, spirit guides or anything to use this Book.

Some simple ideas for cleansing, along with instructions, that I found searching for something else just now: https://www.facebook.com/TheGrayWitchesGrimoire/posts/229453380570179

A lot of hoodoo cleansing stuff needs specific oils and ingredients that cost money, at the start you can get right back to the basics and try those, I’ve used the urine one myself (try not to go there with the imagery, please folks) and also used garlic, a peeled clove in the corner of each room and one on each side of every door and window, fireplace etc., afterwards, and that helped - gets smelly and don’t let your pets eat the garlic. Once the energy’s lifted a bit, bury the garlic outdoors, somewhere that’s off your property.

Euoi on here posted a cleansing ritual that requires one egg, you can read that here.

Keep any Tarot cards, ouija boards, grimoires and sigils etc. wrapped in metal baking foil or in a sealed metal box when not in use - this is something I learned when I studied psychopomp work, these things can act as gateways and sealing them in metal, even just aluminium foil, helps prevent that.

Trace the ALGIZ rune on your walls using a finger and visualising a flow of energy in through your crown chakra, and out through your finger, or use water you’ve consecrated to Thor, by asking him to bless it, and guard you from all harm.

You may also want to trace it on the floor- visualise it onto the ceiling, and trace one facing outwards on doors and windows, after you’ve done some form of cleansing. There are other runic methods but this one is the least likely to react with anything else and create a temporary new problem with conflicting energies.

Those are simple things that, with the exception of using brickdust as listed, I’ve done myself and done for other people, and they’re all very cheap or completely free.

6 Likes

Great advice, we all have different strengths and weaknesses and finding just one area you’re really good at will be an amazing confidence booster. Or, we can be made to feel like massive failures if we only focus on something that’s doesn’t come naturally as the very first method.

3 Likes

When I started 5 years ago, I just did the simplest thing that just worked “out of the box”. At least for me. It wasn’t complex as rituals seems to be, in comparison. Why did I get the result?

As I see it, rituals are some kind of “preparation” for your mind to comprehend the possible outcome. The most important “tool” doesn’t have to be the rituals, per se, but more your mindset, intentions and faith. If you don’t believe, there is no incantation in the world that will get the result you’re looking for.

3 Likes

Yeah- that is a good point. Very often i find that in working to achieve a goal i extert such constant force in the achievment- that very often; when I have not achieved; i usually “curse the gods- tell them how fkt up they are- declare I quit!” and then usually; mostly becuz they want the laugh i guess, that which i wanted just happens big and bright and beautiful as you please! So maybe- a recess; and complete mental and physical withdrawl, is what is needed for you to create the vaccuum needed for the results to appear. I could be wrong- I just know that in my life experiance- me wanting anything is comedy central for the gods, and I need to quit sooner rather than ‘endure to the end’ before result come to pass- I hate it. but maybe a quit is what you need. It is not a failure or a bad thing- just a tactic too a larger stategy. just a thought.

May I respectfully suggest that instead giving up, view this as a break.

Explore new interests and passions, but leave the door open.

Feel free to revisit the Arts in the future should the Spirits move you to do so.

Within Nature’s order of things, persistence generally pays off.[/quote]

1 Like

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:1, topic:4464”]That’s it. I give up.

I’ve been practicing magick on and off for over ten years and I have never been successful. I have never received any form of guidance from any sort of entity (though I have asked for it). I’m of the same mindset of the fool. If it brings no results, why do it?

Looking back I can maybe point to 3 instances of coincidence that “could have” been the result of my rituals. 3 results in ten years. Statistically, that is even less than chance.

I’m seriously considering I have been lying to myself all these years. In his videos E.A. makes it seem so easy.

If I cannot depend on magick to help in my life when I need it, then it is no longer worth my time.[/quote]

Yes, I agree, and I have come to exactly the same conclusion that you have. I’ve been at it all since the 1970’s, and when I look back at it very little has come from my own efforts. I have had some interesting information and minor results, although I do question if these have only been the result of material in my subconscious or events that might be tenuously connected to a magickal operation.

IMO, it is all too easy to blame it on “bad-karma”, “lust after result”, or “you are being tested”. Who can actually demonstrate if indeed this is correct or not? If the entities are “real” and have some form of independent existence from ourselves then what we think should not affect any outcome. So surely:

1. Either the entities simply do not exist and its all a big mind game.
  2. They do exist, and we are not doing “it” correctly.
  3. They exist, don’t care about us and/or just want to “play us”. See “Operation Trojan Horse” by John Keel.

When I started to practice Enochian Magick, I was told by my instructor that “this stuff actually works if you believe in it or not”. Years later I do wonder what the justification of “actually works” might be.

I look at the lives so many famous magicians and see the mess they ended up in. Dee, Kelly, Mathers, Crowley, et al. All claimed to be in touch with such potent forces, almost like they were invincible. Perhaps they were played with and spat out by the very same, or more likely deluded, ran out of cash and luck. The trouble is that individuals like these have inspired so many to follow in their footsteps (god only knows why), and they too end-up in a similar situation. Also too many charlatans out there for my money.
I’ve got pretty bored about hearing of the self-proclaimed Magus who works in the local burger bar as their day job, while at night they communicate with the very forces that control and structure the universe - Yes pull the other one!

I agree, you don’t seem to be able to depend on this stuff when you really need it. I expect a lot of us could use some extra cash right now, and also too many folk are sucked in hoping that magick might be the answer. I will be bluntly honest with myself and say that “I’m no magician” if I can’t use it to help myself, and all those silly titles of the grades that I have passed through in an Order of which I am a member are simply delusional chaff.

So thats me done, and I’ve quit too!

4 Likes

I was at this point myself about ten years ago. I had been practicing CM style magic with a Thelemic twist for about ten years, with no real successes. Like a couple of the posters here, I decided that magic wasn’t working for me, and started describing myself as “incompetent at magic” whenever the subject came up, e.g., with Wiccan friends.

For those who are at that point, I’m going to recommend what ended up being the next step for me: astrology. There are no necessary mental states, no real rituals, just some geometry and an understanding of the interpretative art. However, once you go beyond natal interpretation and into predictive astrology, you will be able to do things that seem frankly magical. Astrological timing is exact, and astrology also provides a means of understanding the background of situations you find yourself in, as well as a means of changing them. I’ve personally essential “cured” chronic illnesses simply by identifying the natal configuration (often Mars, IME) that is at the root of the disease and working with the client to find another manifestation of that planet (consistent with sign, house, aspects, etc.). I also ended a three year period of unemployment through predictive astrology. I would go so far as to say that it should be the starting point of any occult education.

Of course, some people are more talented than others, but a basic grasp of natal interpretation (“reading someone’s chart”) and basic prediction is within anyone’s grasp. It does take some time - think in terms of about six months of consistent, dedicated study to really grasp predictive methods. But, once you get to that point and experience a sense of control over your life that comes with being able to see what areas of possible change are open to you and planning out the changes you will make to your life, maybe, just maybe, you’ll be in a position to return to sorcery with a stronger foundation to work from. It seemed to have worked for me.

For anyone who is interested in trying this route, I’ll make the following recommendations. Start with The Inner Sky by Steven Forrest. He’ll teach you the basics of reading a natal chart and get you out of the flawed “Mercury in Libra means x” model. Also get his Book of Pluto. Just what it says - this is the ONLY source I’ve ever found for a real understanding of Pluto. Also get Astrology for the Soul by Jan Spiller. It’s painfully New Agey, but she will teach you about the Nodes of the Moon better than anyone else I’ve found, and, IMO, the North Node is key to understanding the Natal Chart.

Now go practice on about a hundred charts - get birth data from celebrities and historical figures, as you can verify your interpretation in their biographies. With practice you should see the different ways the same energies can manifest in someone’s life - this is really important, because once you identify the astrological basis of some unwanted part of your life, you can simply find a new avenue for it to manifest in, and watch the unwanted sitch wither away.

Your next step is prediction. Start with Cycles of Life by Rod Suskin. He’ll take you through an understanding of transits throughout your life, letting you see how the planets are really markers for different, overlapping cycles and how to life in harmony with them. From there you’ll be ready to move deeper into more abstract predictive techniques. Your two textbooks are going to be Predictive Astrology by Celeste Teal and Solar Arcs by Noel Tyl, in that order. Tyl will assume you know what progressions and transits are, so get that from Teal first. By this point, you should be a solid, basic astrologer.

I hope this helps. I know this is not an astrology forum, and I apologize for veering off topic a bit, but I wanted to offer a method that helped me when I was floundering and frustrated with magic.

1 Like

Wow, I’m not even feeling stuck but that makes such a compelling case I’m going to have to check out those books asap, thank you!!

Awesome. :smiley:

2 Likes

Bud, Darkest,

I really want to help you. Please answer my PM.

I have been in a more difficult situation than most, and basically HAD to use magick to create a more favourable situation, as I basically had no other options.

I can help you, and I want to.

2 Likes