How to work with Michael

UPG stands for Unverified Personal Gnosis, and refers to knowledge and/or experiences not replicated or “verified,” by others.

A lot of what people claim in the occult is nothing but UPG, even if they try and state it as absolute fact. The occult is very subjective, and all we can really go on is how much of what we experience is similar to that of others following the same map as us.

Part of what we try to do on this forum is to help give some external verification to at least part of someone’s experience, which helps to assuage doubt and solidifies the experience as something real. If someone says that a well known spirit came to them in a form not consistent with their mythology or what they are known to appear as, then having a dozen or so people say it doesn’t align with what is known about the character of that spirit, can help identify possible impostors and/or parasites, for example.

That’s what maps such as the Kabbalaistic Tree of Life do. They give structure that provides similar experiences to all who follow it. Someone following a more personal map though, may experience the same beings in a completely different, and maybe even conflicting, way to the traditional approach.

4 Likes

Ahh I see, true what you said.

1 Like

More like SPG but close as can be, basically no one angel owns that one name, it’s not really a test of faith or anything like that, and I tend to not align myself with magicians for a plethora of reasons. Just like there’s many people named Sean or Cameron, it’s more common sense or obvious than anything.

3 Likes

The name of a Being has the history and spiritual energy attached to that Being, the name may change throughout history, and the energy as well, or the Being may manifest in different forms and names showcasing various attributes of the Cosmos, however, the name of a Being is that and that only, this goes for every Spiritual Being, Names in the Spiritual are not at all like names in the physical, which are just names, there is only one Shiva, one Lucifer, one Lilith, one Archangel Michael, one Archangel Gabriel, if an Archangel has taken the name Michael, they needed to have earned it, at least, this is my take on it

Lucifer can have a son and name him shiva, a fae can have a child and name him Lucifer, the names are pretty much the same it’s just people tend to attach too much to their names and think “oh because that being is not of this physical plane that only one of that name can exist” but honestly no, their names are shared by many. Names are not copywritten to one individual entity, that kind of thinking I believe is why many fall prey to thoughtforms, even if the thoughtform can be just as helpful as the real deal.

2 Likes

No there are not. If you really study those Angels there is one Archangel and that’s Michael ‘Who is like God’. And other Angels called Mikael, Mihael. They have different purposes. Arch/Guardian etc… and different personalities. And if you got the way of evocation right you will get the right Angel and not different ones. Even I try to learn more about Michael have Michael and not another Angel.

I think you jumped in the conversation with little understanding of what I meant, you should of asked. I stated earlier that there are many angels that have not been known to man and some of their names are michael, I don’t need to study because to me if you study before actually experiencing your experiences hold no weight to me but tainted experiences forged by what you read from other people.

So yes there’s other angels who have not been mentioned in human history named Michael, some minor angels also adopt the name Michael out of adoration for the Michael known to man.

My SPG with Michael and the other angels by said names were before my looking up Archangel Michael.

1 Like

I think you jumped into my conversation/topic with little understanding of what I’m asking. And if you really want to learn to know those beings you have to study.

Nah I wasn’t talking to you in the first place, you’re fine. I quoted someone else when I commented, and no you have to experience, letting what you read from google affect your experiences is blatant lack of any real experiences in my opinion, unless you actually experience you’re just going off what some random source told you and not actuality. I tend to value “in my experience with this being this happened” over “well this book says this and this so”

Using just a name isnt going to achieve much, however the name coupled with what you know of the specific being helps, not just a name.

3 Likes

Yes, a very simple example just came into my mind while reading this.

If you in love with someone, named Michael (uhm… trust me if I wouldn’t feel myself connected to him I wouldn’t be here, you can call our example also… . John), then your mind can focus on him. Not only on his name, but to this name you can pair much more. His personality, appearance, voice, aura, smile, what you heard about him, your experiences with him, images what you saw about him. So you thinking on this Michael named person’s being. You can find countless Michael even in your city, but knowing “that” exact one will keep your mind on him. Spirits can be sensitive to this, when you keep thinking about them but even humans can sense it.

Have you ever experienced when you tought about your friend for example, then he or she wrote to you or called you immediately? This is the power of knowledge and your mind, your focus.

4 Likes

So i don’t believe there’s more than one Archangel named Michael, but Angels, sure.

But of course, this goes for every magickal work! :smiley:

Like @Nagash and @anon48079295 already mentioned, when you call upon an entity, you dont only use their name, but you use your experience, knowledge and your feelings towards that entity. Your mind does that automatically.
An enn, psalm or sigil is a tool to help you do exactly that.
So you CAN do it without, but it might be easier (and safer) using a sigil etc., especially if you’re inexperienced with that particular entity.

While I’m not aware of many Archangel Michaels being around, “Archangel” is kind of a title, so there is a possibility many have achieved it, including many Michaels. :wink:
However, @MagickVigilante you do have a history with the Archangel Michael we are all talking about, I can confirm that, so I’m sure you reach the one you seek.

3 Likes

Nice to see you Helena!

To me personally, the title of Archangel, is a title that must be earned hard, so Velenos might be right, but the Archangel Michael i know, is the Boss of all Angels

But idk, you might be right and there’s more than 1 Archangel named Michael, though i don’t believe that, to be honest.

That’s fine, I don’t care enough to change your beliefs since my own SPG already confirmed there is.

1 Like

what is spg?

specific personal gnosis?

Shared personal Gnosis. When multiple people experience the same or similar things without frontload.

2 Likes

ohhh, thanks for clearing the abbreviation, idk them all lmao :joy::joy: