How to work with Michael

Hi everyone,

I work with Lucifer, Samael, Lilith. And with NAP Shem Angels.
For most of them you have rituals, Enn chanting or invocations.

Now I want to work with Michael, but I don’t have an Enn, I don’t have an Invocation ritual.
So I wonder. Are there people who have experience with Michael and have some tips?

I’m thinking of making my own invocation and I will post it here. But any tips are welcome?

2 Likes

Angels don’t have “enns.” I don’t know why people keep thinking they do.

An enn is a specific type of mantra in the demonic language from the practice of demonolatry. They apply only to demons, nothing else.

Angels have psalms.

For Micheal, try Psalm 91, known as the Soldier’s Psalm.

Or Psalm 113, for his aspect as the Archangel of the Sun:

Praise ye the Lord. Praise, O ye servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord. Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore.From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord’s name is to be praised.The Lord is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high,Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth! He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill; That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people. He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord.

15 Likes

Isn’t this psalm, as the 91st a sort of worship of the Most High?

Agree that’s why I ask. Wel Samael is still an Archangel and he’s got an Enn and a Mantra.

But, now to the topic. Many thanks @DarkestKnight. you gave me some nice ideas for a ritual I will develop myself.

3 Likes

Yes, but it is a psalm for protection, which is Michael’s purview.

4 Likes

Ive called on him for strength by focusing on my solar plexus and throat chakras, and pronouncing his name in three distinct syllables. MI-CHA-EL, really vibrating upon each of the sounds

3 Likes

Just for the sake of debate, no negativity meant, but wouldn’t it be better for the intent of the magickian to go to Michael himself instead of using psalms, wouldn’t the psalms invoke The Most High

1 Like

Also you can try Damon Brand Archangels of Magick

5 Likes

It can be done however the magician wants to.

The OP was asking for ideas, and traditionally, archangels are invoked through psalms in ceremonial magick.

However, when I evoked him, I simply used his Watchtower seal, and said, “Michael, come!”

5 Likes

I agree, i had forgotten about the utilisation of Psalms in the workings of the Archangels

1 Like

Shem 72 as well no?

1 Like

Yes. In his Book of Solomon’s Magick, Poke Runyon provides psalms along with the seals for the Angels of the Shemhamforash.

Usually, the psalms used speak to an attribute of the angel being invoked, though not always so directly.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info :innocent:

2 Likes

Is this the Watchtower seal?

Any further explanation on how to use the watchtower seal

I used it already. It’s just like you use any other seal.

1. Meditate
  2. Gaze
  3. Call his name like DK said ‘Michael Come’’
  4. Request or talk to him
  5. Blessed be, so mote it be.
3 Likes

You can evoke Archangel Michael through Damon brands book on archangels. There is an evocation sigil along with sensations associated with Michael (humming of bees for one example) . Michael doesn’t love to appear that way though, but the other archangels do not mind it at all… he has requested to me once before to learn about him and the prayers that men have been inspired to write about him, to what seemed to be to be able to build a stronger bridge to him. But, the evocation works so well. At the same time, he seems to be a busy guy, but maybe I should work on our relationship because he is worth the effort

4 Likes

I highly recommend Archangels of Magick by Damon Brand. The book contains Invocation and Evocation Watchwords found in the ancient Hebrew source texts, as well as pathworking images and sigils that are precise and effective.

I’ve evoked Michael a few times using the book’s method, and the experience was quite potent. If you ever had the impression that angels were light fluffy bunnies, Michael will quickly burn that image away. He cut down my enemies swiftly and shielded me from further attack.

Perhaps my favorite aspect of that book, however, is the invocation method. It’s less about getting one specific result, and more about changing who you are on a fundamental level, which can attract many results. I’ve had excellent results from The Quality of Genius in particular, which has helped me learn about several fields, both intellectual and practical, very quickly.

11 Likes

We posted this at the same exact moment… :slightly_smiling_face: :hugs:

3 Likes

Well then Michael and Lucifer are a lot alike.

2 Likes