How do I merge with Aphrodite as a godform

So about 2 years ago, I joined this thread when I first got into the occult. While in it, I was told and suggested by several people here (including former amazing teacher), to merge with a godform spirit by the name of Aphrodite. After being scanned by several people, they reported a lot having to do with swawns and doves even ( her symbols lol ).

I was still skeptic & assumed it was a trick to possess me lol and eventually pursued my path on my own & left this group.

A female admin ( I forgot who ) told me I’d be back again someday and sure enough here I am ready to merge with Aphrodite. Problem is I don’t know how** to merge with it persay…

Any insight would be great! ( I’ll probably even offer a reward if I’m successful able to do it )

2 Likes

Merge? You mean invocation or posession?

1 Like

Thank you for replying lol. And people kept using the word “merge” at the time so I’m not sure. What I DO* know is that I just would like Aphrodite and me to be one both in though, energy, and general appearance. Whatever that is called then YES* lol

2 Likes

Look up the physical process of osmosis, and meditate on how to transfer that to the spiritual.

Its interesting, I hardly see people talking about merging but perhaps ive just missed it.

3 Likes

You don’t merge with a being to make them your Godform you immerse yourself in their energy, invoke her and allow her energy to embrace your energy system.

Of course she doesn’t stay within you or anything just her energy and it’s not a merge, the godform threads on here are confusing immersion with merging example being lucifer as a godform if you can still speak with the entity it’s not a merging it’s an immersion of their energy not the being themselves.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: thank you. So as far as invoking and such, I’ll just have to study how to do that properly yes?? Cant I just use my own belief and just talk to them through my emotions ( astral energy ) and poof, they manifest in my subconscious?

2 Likes

Yea your own methods work just fine. But in my opinion I’d try to limit astral anything simply because the astral can attract egregore versions of said entity you’re trying to reach. So if you do take that path, I’d look into shielding from thoughtforms and such too.

Godforms are when you immerse yourself in the energy of an entity, egregore, deity, demon, whatever you choose. It’s not becoming an entity or the same thing as a higher self. So far on this forum is where the term is used in a misunderstood way.

3 Likes

Id say pretty much yeah, you speak and they hear you. A term like “godform” is so subjective and personal, but you can merge your energies together for sure.

1 Like

“Assumption of Godforms” is a specific practice from Thelemia.
You can find the original practice described in Liber Aba: Magick is Theory and Practice.

http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Assumption_of_Godforms

3 Likes

Don’t know if they did it before GD but Golden Dawn was using Assumption of Godforms way before Thelema, not suprising that Crowley was from Golden Dawn.

2 Likes

I though Golden Dawn was considered a Thelemic order? Is it not?

2 Likes

You are not wrong in the sense that A.’. A.’. : Crowleys thelemic order is seperated into three inner orders, which the first and lowest of them being called the Golden Dawn.

But the other Golden Dawn is not related to Thelema. In fact, Crowley created Thelema after he left/was kicked out of this Golden Dawn.

Its a bit head scratching, maybe Crowley wanted to mock his old order by putting it in a low grade, maybe its about something else.

4 Likes

Thanks! I was just looking it up more… It even has it in the name “Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn”. I forgot that part. :slight_smile:

I can see this as being a sort of alchemy. This article was a lot more informative: Assumption of the Godform - Rituals and Ritual Work - Mark Stavish - Hermetic Library

2 Likes

See! So that’s what I want to learn? How do I invoke or merge with Aphrodite or ANY spirit for that matter if I don’t even know if it’s them?? Is their like a set full proof way to manifest Aphrodite or something??

4 Likes

Thats a good question. A mix of results, clairsenses, divination, and scanning should do the trick.

3 Likes

Thoughtforms and such are a somewhat “rare” issue like me and some few members here tend to shield against coming in contact with them when really need to.

However, assuming a godform and merging isn’t the same thing to merge is to become that deity and in such said deity soul and your own become one which you won’t find deities just ready to give up their sovereignty like that.

To assume them as your Godform you look up any invocation guide or given it’s Aphrodite her Orphic hymn works just fine too.

3 Likes

Personally I think, while parasites and imposters CAN be a problem, I think it is over exaggerated some out of caution. Like I mentioned, speak to them and trust they listen and respond. Be critical, if you hear very weird stuff or they want to do something negative keep your head about you, and cut them out.

Especially as you begin its going to be a struggle to get clear answers from them. Understand in the beginning it’ll all seem very weird and obscure. You will run into “imposters”, “parasites”, and thoughtforms, pay them no mind. Be critical, with time you will learn what is real and what is an imitation.

My belief is that the communication already exists. You just must learn to admit that and be open to it.

3 Likes

… Everything except for the divination, all of which I don’t know how to do so. Oh well, I suppose I’ll find a much more physical earthly way to contact her

2 Likes

Why do you wanna merge with godforms if you don’t have the preliminary skills, my friend? Doesn’t that sound like a bit shaky grounds to you?

You do you but basics are everything in this, seriously

4 Likes

True. Though I would say, a strong urge is a good enough sign of being called to do something IMO. Even more so if its inexplicable as to why.

3 Likes