How common is it to feel like you are losing your shit

I’m a 35 year old woman. Stable and disciplined. It’s a bit personal to talk about, but the gist is I feel like I’m losing my marbles. There is no psychiatrist where I live (small town) and there are a lot of restrictions and travel restrictions cuz of the virus right now. I went to emergency at the hospital and they told me it was stress related and sent me home with an RX for Clonazepam. So I’m asking, how common is it to feel this way while practising?

3 Likes

It can be common. Happened to me around this time last year and it was hell. You must take a break from Magick and Occultism for a while. It’s necessary. Take up a hobby or work with a calming deity like Aset, Lakshmi or Aphrodite (her Ocean aspect)

1 Like

Legit.

It depends on what you are working on, but yes it can happen. Some practices can weigh on the mind heavier than others. Pacing can be very important when you are diving deep into it for that reason.

3 Likes

Magick has this weird thing that it unearthes your bad memories, removes the fog that you brain put before.It also amplifies the emotions too.

6 Likes

I would recommend deep meditation shadow work etc

3 Likes

I feel it came from meditation. I specialize in that, IL meditate 4 hours a day sometimes. I blew something🤷, I had 3 days of intense migraine with Aura and hallucination. Never in my life… The visuals were typical of psychosis. So I got concerned. Im not good with evocation or even sensing spirits so it was weird for me.

I think that’s what messed me up

in relation to magick? this can happen

1 Like

You could be strengthening your senses with the meditation practice. It really amped up for me when I was training in a vietnamese buddhist temple, as well as memories I tried to bury. Where the images occurring while you were meditating?

2 Likes

No. Like the migraines started out of the blue. I was seeing spirits, hearing things. And I took my mental health seriously because I AM in quarantine and my business isn’t doing so great because it isn’t considered essential so it’s closed for now. I’m also a homemaker with children, so the stress was on high even though I’m pretty good at managing.

1 Like

I should also state I’m very new to Luciferianism. I have a background in chaos magick n rhp. So i guess that’s why I’m asking if it’s common.

1 Like

I feel you there, as I am in a similiar position.

Well, when we are working in ritual, we are releasing the same hormones that are associated with stress as we dive into it, especially the more intense ones. So I am wondering if the stress in combination with your awareness is causing your sight to emerge.

I do have a meditation here that helps build the sense gradually so perhaps a combination of that, grounding meditations and finding some time to just unwind would be of help to you.

4 Likes

intrusive thoughts suck too

1 Like

Ride it out then; in my experience psychiatrists make things worse mental health therapy is more of a psychological game than actual help of any kind…

How to sum this up?

I was zombified with devil’s breath then controlled, used clairvoyance to foresee the outcome of a plot against me, witnessed countless human sacrifices including satanic ritual abuse, and used dimensional travel to attempt to change the foreseen outcome…

I ended up in mental health and needless to say was put on medications and was basically forced to believe I was delusional and none of this was going on…

After being released the cult that was screwing with me showed back up and did exactly what was foreseen… I was in shock and distraught knowing there is nothing I can do about it, because if I try to tell anyone, “hey remember all that stuff I was committed for saying I had foreseen and was subsequently diagnosed as being paranoid delusional for… Well it all ended up happening…” If I told anyone that even though it’s totally true they would open up a file and immediately put me away for the rest of my life after I just got out…

So yeah my opinion steer clear of those places if you practice magick…

2 Likes

agreed, ime, i saw much arrogance and greed, but im sure theres good ones

1 Like

I agree. Your answer gave me the most reassurance because I know this is real, but I’m a mom I gotta make damn sure my head is screwed on as I’ve never experienced this before. It made me rethink my initial post because I second guessed myself.

2 Likes

This makes sense chaos magick can be very psychologically damaging depending how far you go into different directions. My understanding is and keep in mind this is basically theoretical a lot of people believe we are entering a time where several dimensions are merging and I have for a while now been hearing ideas that we are either separating consciousness between good and evil entirely in this realm or ascending collectively into a higher vibration leaving negative consciousness behind (where idk) but basically a spiritual shift or purge I think a lot of people are experiencing this kinda psychological perforation.

If this is true could be the culprit here for both you and many others.

2 Likes

I would take most mental health recommendations with a grain of salt. I was an Infantryman in Iraq and getting counseling after the War helped me deal with it much more efficiently. In your case, I’d get myself checked out to make sure there weren’t any underlying causes and that would likely be it, unless there are underlying issues that you haven’t stated.

There is also the possibility that you’re simply being tested in the background by entities you may find yourself working with later. It’s a good time to do it, since there’s a significant amount of underlying stress in most people’s worlds at the moment, which means they don’t necessarily have to set up a bunch of other things to test this or that. Just my opinion.

1 Like

not related to magick but i feel that way all the time. You would too if you have a stupid crazy mental retard downstairs neighbors blasting music and making yelling noise on regular basis for hours.

On the upside, he’s become a target practice for my magick practice.

Its seems you need balance. Get into earth , nature and get into your body. Too much meditation and not enough living in body. 4hrs daily is too long unless you doing some sort of retreat training. just my thoughts. It can be 4 hrs if it’s a system that include movements like tai chi. Of course those system is more than just one activity of meditation.

3 Likes