Hereditary Movie

I saw that one!
I agree, it had a very different approach and that made it good.

1 Like

Well they made King Paimon look pretty bad, but let’s just say it: the movie was fucking scary.

That i’d disagree with lol.
It was forced “scary”, it’s not my first rodeo so that cheap stuff doesn’t work on me :wink:

Well if nothing scares you you can criticize horror movies

LOL i didn’t say that but i’ve been watching Horror since preteens stuff like Hellraiser so this film wasn’t scary.
You find it scary :woman_shrugging: but doesn’t mean i have to admit i found it scary or that Everyone should find it scary.
Also a good horror movie doesn’t mean its “scary”. They better have good acting, NO jump scares, and good writing.

The scene when he jumps out the window?? Lol i was rolling with laughter, so ruined any atmosphere they were attempting to put in, but i could go on about the bad writing and scripting, doesn’t mean others didn’t find something enjoyable about it.

Maybe i critic the bad writing so much because King Paimon wouldn’t have written such a shotty script. :wink:

Hey guys, I watched it today, interesting movie but a confuse final, what do you guys think about interviewing him (King Paimon) about the movie?

2 Likes

Good idea, maybe take into notice that because of the movie there are more articles about him. And it’s not negative. So the goal of the movie was to demonize, but the articles about the King are rather positive.

1 Like

So I decided to ask King Paimon what he thinks about the movie through digital tarot cards on my phone (at work on linch break so no fancy invocation). He said it was fine to post the results here.

I used a three card spread with the following order: situation, feelings and outcome.

First I got:

The “conflict” in this case being that Hollywood innacurately portrayed King Paimon and some of you here have been upset.

Then for King Paimon’s feelings:

He explained further by saying that “It’s simply humans telling a story. Regardless of the truth behind it, that is what humans do.”

And finally:

King Paimon commented that non-magician humans would be drawn to him by his name alone, since there was little elaboration on him. They would get curious and maybe research him; some may even attempt to contact him.

He also said “I rarely get featured in movies, so I feel delighted about having my name mentioned. I appreciate the defense but I hardly find it necessary.”

What do you guys think?

8 Likes

Have to ask, what app is that?? I love seeing tech used like this.

1 Like

Agreed, that’s how I started. Well they demonize these beings so much that I want to know more about them. Nobody can embody so much evil. And then you see the cracks in the dogma. And like I said above. The articles about ‘who is King Paimon’ are positive.

2 Likes

And people wonder why I don’t go to the movies.

1 Like

why would he hate something that increases his power/portals in the collective subconcious

3 Likes

Golden Thread Tarot. It’s good to use if you don’t have immediate access to a physical deck.

2 Likes

The film sucks. Its derivative and demonises people on the autism spectrum. Anyone who says its accessible doesn’t give a fuck what is being accessed.
It also makes no emotional sense.

1 Like

I completely agree with this. Someone else on another thread (or maybe this thread?) posted something about there being no such thing as bad publicity, and I’m inclined to agree.

I’m fairly certain that there aren’t many people who actually believe that a demon would levitate a woman and compel her to cut her own head off. So, I think the movie serves to have some fun entertainment value, while also perhaps inspiring a subset of people to look up King Paimon and seek out the truth!

Umm, what?

I like the symbolism in the movie, the grandmother is the bride of the King. That’s why she’s the Queen, in this marriage, he brings riches to her and in return, she makes him the father of her family, in other words, her offspring is his and he can do whatever he wants with them, in this case, incarnate in a male body (it kinda reminds me of the myth of Semiramis and Tamuz???). The art is something that’s always present, but only the women here do art, remember that King Paimon is the patron of the arts. The women of the family are the faces of Paimon, which has a feminine face. They’re in the concept of the Grandmother, Mother and Daughter Goddess. I think something interesting in the movie is the fact of the son of a white family without any arabic traces who looks so arabian being the vessel for the King, the actor himself is just another american. Why do I find this interesting? Because I already noted this happening in real life with someone that is (and also isn’t) King Paimon.
I asked King Paimon what he thinks about the movie, he seems to like it and he likes the propaganda.
“A movie like this is a way better propaganda than a JoS post about me”. Yeah, he said it.

1 Like

She’s creepy because she has autism, and the film is a limping Frankstein’s monster with no emotional consistency.

I knew that, except please site where they say she was written Autistic?
Not every time a kid acts “odd” they’re Autistic. That phrase gets thrown around like candy and it’s BS lol.

They clearly wanted to make the audience think the girl was possessed but decided to dump that idea halfway through.
A poorly written film and characters doesn’t mean a mental health issue.

1 Like

Talking about movies,

Just found out the demon in The conjuring and The nun is named Valak and is actually based on an entity in the Lesser key of Solomon, also named Valac,Volac or Valu,
Hollywood is weird yoo and i liked Hereditary better…

1 Like