Help- cat is very sick and possibly dying

If I do have to euthanize her, is there anything I can do while she passes or something to make sure she’s taken care of, going to be ok and be somewhere happier and everything? Honestly, this just caught me so off guard, so unexpected, I don’t think I’m thinking straight or can’t think straight right now. We are trying to get her to a bigger hospital for a second opinion. If I can’t save her or do anything for her, I’ll consider myself useless and probably quit all of this magic. The cancer is very late stage and even with chemo, we are told we may not have that much more time. I adopted her 7 years ago and she was already estimated to be 5 by the shelter.

I had to deal with my sick cat out of nowhere and same as you it was unexpected. The questions you need to ask your vet and then yourself
Can all this be cured and if yes what are the chances?
Will her quality of life be affected and in what degree?
Is she or will she be suffering because of this (physical pain, slow death etc)?
Then simply ask him: “What do you propose for her situation? What is the best for her at this current stage?”

Thinking only what you want and how sudden is for you is selfish. Wanting to keep her alive no matter what even despise her suffering until you come in terms of her (possible) death is selfish. Yes it will hurt if you have to take the decision if you should put her down or not, but you must always have in mind what’s best for her, not you.

Animals don’t have a “heaven and hell” these are human concepts. She will rest, and she won’t suffer.
If you wish, you can call Hecate, Persephone, Azrael, Hermes or Anubis or any psychopomp to guide her. If you have a deity that you’re closer, call that one.

8 Likes

“Thinking only what you want and how sudden is for you is selfish.”
I only mention the suddenness and all because I know I’m not writing/thinking straight right now and may not be making much sense, overwhelmed by grief, being honest. We could only get her to a smaller facility over the weekend and the transfer to a larger facility that can take a closer look was supposed to happen today.
“Animals don’t have a “heaven and hell” these are human concepts” I didn’t mention “heaven/hell”, though there are other realms and I hope she can be happy and comfortable again, whatever happens.
I want this to be as comfortable for her as possible, whichever way it goes.
Obviously ideal case is treatable- she can see healthy happy days again, (not for my sake but because it’s finally getting warmer and she loves the sun, and she’s still thinking about going outside. I could care less about me- I wish there was a way to move all the cancer and pain into me somehow and let me go, so she can be relieved of this horrible disease).
Worst case: Euthanasia - if we’re going that route, that I need to do it “right” I guess. She deserves the best. I wish there was some way we could ‘switch’.

1 Like

Try calling on Freyja?

1 Like

She adores cats and she may be willing to help.

1 Like

Ideally non of you has to die yet and you can all have a happy and healthy life. Thinking that it would be better to “switch”, won’t help you or her. First of all because its unrealistic, it can’t happen, as you know already, and second because it adds on the grief as your mind is trying to blame someone. “Why her and not me?” This isn’t useful or helpful. It’s not your time and that’s why not you. As someone who lost most of my family and a dog from cancer, trust me, you don’t want to get it.

I’m not the type who supports euthanasia over everything, don’t get me wrong. In my entire life, only once I had to put down one of my pets. I was willing to spend 800€ every 15 days to get my cat haemodialysis, but then I learned from our vet that it’s extremely painful for the cat and it also has high chances she’ll die during it.
On my dog, I’ve spend over 1500€ within 4 days just for testing only to find out the 4th day after her death that she had died from inflammatory breast cancer, a very rare and undetected form of cancer. She died without us or the vets knowing what the hell was going on.

So at the end its all about her, not you, not your grief, not anyone else.

2 Likes

Thank you, prowling forums now, waiting for an update from the next hospital.

1 Like

I’ve had a lot of cats in my life, and I’ve lost many… I don’t count anymore. But there is one thing I’ve learned, do what is best for your cat, not for you. If a treatment can help her to win some time, without her suffering, then yes. But there is another thing that a lot of us forget. If the cat doesn’t want to live anymore, and wants to go, there isn’t much you can do.

I had a cat 3 years ago that I had to put to sleep. She got sick suddently, and we tried to do everything we could to save her, but that wasn’t enough because she decided she didn’t want to fight anymore. And so the day I understood she wanted to go, I accepted it and brought her to the vet the next day. I’m not gonna lie, it was horrible. I’ve cried a lot, for months. But just be there for your cat.

For mine, her spirit actually came to visit me 2 years after, because I was still so sad about her death, and I got hit with so much love from her that I couldn’t get sad anymore.

6 Likes

Thank you and @Anassa
I will listen to her and do what she wants whichever way this goes. I’m sorry I know I am not thinking or writing straight and can’t stand this waiting it’s probably making progressively less sense to anyone reading this. It broke my heart when I visited her and she was thinking about the backyard and the tree she likes to climb, at least that’s the imagery I got when I snuggled with her. I guess my goal now is just to comfort her and give her whatever she needs/do anything for her, whichever way it goes. While we wait, I will continue trying to gather all the spiritual support I can and continue petitioning spirits for her because honestly I don’t know what else I can do for her.

3 Likes

No need to apologize, honestly. I know how it feels, I only advice you to put her as a priority and not your pain or your denial, which I know its out of love. Some times we love very selfishly without realizing it.

2 Likes

I have not, I have mentioned healing animals in one of my journals and modifying a mantra given to Eva to energetically heal a kitten however.

I don’t ever use traditional type rituals for healing, I always attack healing energetically. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Just finishing up at the bigger hospital after a long crazy day. Much better facility. Sang to her and just did my best. They’re saying until they can send samples out for testing tomorrow morning, they won’t know if it’s cancerous (very likely) or (not as likely) a coincidental cooccurrence of a bunch of benign cysts that are together causing her symptoms, but it’s likely cancer. Sorry for poor grammar and not making much sense I know this is probably hard to follow/read.
Elected to not resuscitate if it comes to that because that’s a 10% success rate and always painful for the pet, and I’m sure she’d rather pass as peacefully and painlessly as possible than wait for me to come back in the morning which I will as soon as I can.
She’s in the intensive care and just saw her. I trust that she’s more comfortable here than home, and definitely safer. In the meantime, will be researching all the deities recommended here (thanks to everyone for your advice) and do what I can for her, whatever she wants.

6 Likes

In the worst case (hopefully not) there are some prayers and mantras, ranging from the classic Christian one which I think may be beneficial also for animals, to Buddhist and Hindu such as that beginning with “Om mani peme hum hri, om mani peme hum…” or the repetition of “Akaal” (immortal).

2 Likes

If you can afford it, you can ask Morino Ravenberg to summon a proper spirit to heal your pet:
He helped me in few important things and he responds very quickly.

1 Like

Thank you, I sent an email to him. Getting ready for another crazy day (probably waiting in parking lots again losing my mind and writing half-sensical stuff here)
@fapa79 thank you I will also use these when I get to see her

1 Like

@Kamsky

I’ve flagged your post for the mods.

2 Likes

Thank you @QueenMustang @DarkestKnight @Maxwell @Keteriya @Niantiel69 @Rav @anon39079500 @Anassa @itsnathanm7 @Mei and everyone else I didn’t mention (sorry it limited to 10 mentions so I just went off the top of my head what I could remember) for all your responses and support.
I’m grateful for this community, the incredible response, for all this help and as a result was/am able to be stronger for her. Thank you all so much❤️

Just to update, we just got a call from the hospital today that they are starting to administer more comforting meds/treatment (starting palliative care) while they continue running diagnostics. They said one more test is coming back tomorrow morning.
Sorry for being volatile/hostile and all. I recognize I’m not really thinking logically right now, but will keep focused on her needs and supporting her however I can. Put on the big girl pants and keep doing what I can for her, while the wait continues and will update on her progress again at the end of the day.
Big thanks to everyone again.
I’m glad she’s transferred to the larger hospital now as it turned out the previous facility didn’t actually do most of the “testing” or “treatment/care” that they claimed they did (to quote the hospital vet, it didn’t look like they did much beyond basic bloodwork and hydration with an IV) there was barely any information to transfer

8 Likes

Also @Czar_Lish with the first opportunity please do an introduction as you were prompted back in 25 August 2020. You either never made it, or you deleted it. I was looking for it yesterday to see your experience and what you work with so I can give you a better answer, but never found it.

3 Likes

Sorry yes I deleted it along with a bunch of earlier posts due to some issue with another user that I spoke to Lady Eva about that’s hopefully not an issue anymore and I’ve been meaning to rewrite it properly

2 Likes

@Anassa Just posted what I have and
Thank you for reminding me. :heart:
Sorry again my mind is not working today as I haven’t slept since tis started two/three days ago.
Forcing myself to take a power nap, as we’re probably going to be waiting a few more hours for the next update,
Thanks again to everyone for the support as I am finding strength from this. I’ll continue reminding myself to be a big girl/the caretaker she deserves, that whatever happens, to be strong and redirect my focus on her wants and prioritize what she wants❤️

2 Likes