Has Anyone Met the Real Satan?

Have you ever met Satan before? Some people think he’s not even an entity, but a concept. Others think many go by the name since it is a title. But many also think that while there are many who carry the title, there is one true Satan, who is the serpentine, adversarial, fallen Angel. And there’s seemingly so much disagreement among people to where everyone has a different impression of him.

People have told me it is just a title and manifests as a sort of energy because it is more an egregore. But there are also many spirits who have titles as names, yet they are still single beings too. Baal Hadad (Bael), Baal-Zebul (Beelzebub), Ashtoreth (Astaroth), Balaam, and the list goes on.

I do think I’ve encountered the real Satan briefly before during my close encounters with Astaroth. (during a pact) But I’m wondering if anyone has ever worked with what seems like the “One True Satan” before.

1 Like

Satan is more of a title than an actual entity, so technically yes.

1 Like

Well that was my first point. There are many entities who carry a title for a name, but they are still sentient, individual entities. So what about Satan?

2 Likes

Who is Satan? That’s the question that gives many different answers that contradicts each others which is why I personally have replaced Satan with Flerious instead as the fire crown prince of hell.
In Satanism it does not matter whatever Satan exists or not because it’s what he symbolizes that is the central. When the traditional invocation to Satan says “I have taken your name as part of myself” I see it as a declaration that the Satanist is his own god which has nothing to do with being an atheist nor theist.

I already answered your question.

Then by that logic, Bael, Balaam, and Astaroth are not real entities either? Just titles?

1 Like

No, those are real entities, not titles.

1 Like

That’s literally what their names are, titles.

1 Like

They’re actual entities. Satan is just a title.

2 Likes

That’s literally what their names are, titles.

Baal-zebul (Beelzebub) = Lord + position
Baal-Hadad (Bael)
Baal-Berith (Berith)
Baal-Pe’or (Belphegor)
Baal-Hammon (Moloch, but debatable)
Molek (Moloch) - Vowels combining King/shame/vile (King of shame/vileness)
Ashtoreth (Astaroth) = Star + Woman (queen of stars/heavens)
Astartes (Greek Title)
Levyatan (Leviathan) - To turn, coil, twists. (as in ‘he who coils’)
Aesma-deva (Asmodeus) - meaning wrath + devil (“devil of wrath”)

Several of those names never explicitly acted as characters, but were labels for gods. And yet, they’re still spirits. Satan is also used as a name for characters, as both role and a being who interacts with god directly in the Bible on multiple occasions. These entities may have titles for names but the energy has a sentient intelligence to it, thus being an individual free-acting spirit.

Satan is a real entity. It’s not just a title. A quick 10 min search will help finding sigils, chants, his enn and everything. And yes, I’ve seen him. Satan is real lol

3 Likes

Interesting discussion, I don’t think we will ever really know because as of yet the concept and perception of these spirits pretty much exceed our imagination.

In my view and experience Satan is more than a singular spirit, it’s more like a current or a collective. You can interact with it as a singular intelligence, I’m not sure if it’s one spirit in name that collective that interacts with you or if the collective or part of the collective can interact as one intelligence

2 Likes

No, not the same logic. In the Hebrew scriptures, Satan is not one being. It is the name of a type of spirit or angel that served yhwh. It is a generic name for a group of spirits. It was never a personal name.

2 Likes

The Ba’al part means Lord and is the title, the rest is the name of a known entity.

Satan is different because it mean “Accuser”, and there’s not just one. Anyone who accuses the JCI god is an accuser.

So personally I agree Satan is not a real entity, there’s an egregoric version as well, but otherwise it’s a mask that is stepped into by any entity that fits the design.

For example I am a satan, by Christisn definition, with a lower case s, because I accuse theie god of being a petty psychopathic desert war god that’s barely around and does nothing much. I have a different idea of what “god” is and I don’t even call it that.

So I don’t believe in satan, I am not that interested in the regio-politicking of a religion I don’t follow and I think most of that religion is bs, and the parts that aren’t were the original Christianity taught by Yeshua the Nazzarean, which have been mostly written out or suppressed by the church, deliberately ruining his teachings.

The satan bit becomes either nothing helpful, a waste of time and just a distraction from the great work. Or, it gets repurpised into what humans want which for occultists sick of JCI bs is personal growth, and for that it can be a decent tool. Fiction, but all fiction and all tools can be used for benefit, as it’s the intent that matters.

4 Likes

This is NOT what the term means. In Judaic mythology, the satans (accusers) were a group of angels, headed by Samael, that played the part of prosecutors in God’s court. Their job was to convince God a soul did not belong in Heaven by “accusing” them of their sins. It’s similar to how a prosecutor seeks to prove guilt within a human court.

It was the Christians who, unfamiliar with ancient Hebrew and Aramaic, mistranslated Satan as a proper name, and then confounded that name with their story of Lucifer (which was the result of another misinterpretation).

4 Likes

Not true. I said in my comment that Baal is “Lord” + the “Title”. They’re not even really names.

Baal-zebul (Beelzebub) = Lord - of - High (meaning heavens)
Baal-Berith (Berith) = Lord - of - Covering (as in covenant. “Lord-of-Covenant”)
Baal-Pe’or (Belphegor) = Lord - of -Wide Openings (As in “Lord of the Vast Lands”)
Baal-Hammon (Moloch, but debatable) = Lord - of - Noisy (As in “Lord of Noisy Group”)
Molek (Moloch) - Vowels combining King/shame/vile (As in “King of shame/vileness”)
Ashtoreth (Astaroth) = Woman - of - Stars (queen of stars/heavens)

The only exception is Baal-Hadad, which Hadad comes from Haddu, which was a name.

There IS an angel Satan of the Bible who directly deals with God in the heaven on multiple occasions. So my question is, who has worked with HIM?

Lots of angels are called Satan in the bible. Samael is also called Satan. Have you read the bible in the original Hebrew? If not, then don’t forget the bible has been mistranslated and a lot of the original meaning lost, it’s not a reference for any kind of semantic argument.

Now as I said, you can work with the egregor, and E.A. works extensively with is as a being and so do few here. But I think it would be more helpful for to make your own relationship and not pollute your magick with preconceptions from the UPG of others that may or may not work for you.

1 Like

Samael’s name means “venom-of-god” and is called “Chief of Satans”. But he’s not Satan. Satan is either used as a title, or a name, which has been the name of the serpent who visited the heavenly counsel on multiple occasions. Even then, not all Jewish circles even acknowledge Samael because there are many differing writings anyway in broader Judaism anyway. But Satan as an entity is consistent, even if told from different angles.

Become a Living God be dishing out too much Cool-aid.

The meaning of Samael’s name doesn’t automatically invalidate the fact that he’s a Satan.

I think you’re putting too much stalk on the meaning of people’s names lol.

That’s where the answer is. He’s a Kabbalist Archangel who seeds adversity. He’s not literally a Satan.