Has anyone done a blood pact with a Greek God or Goddess?

If so is it any different than making one with a Demon?

I know that a pact with a Demon you can draw it’s sigil on the pact and then seal it with blood. Is there any way you can make it “official” for the Greek God or Goddess on their end? I know that Greek Gods don’t really have any official sigils.

I’m thinking to doing one with Athena. Thanks.

3 Likes

Never make the assumption that a spirit wants your blood. There are demons that do not want blood, and most gods and goddesses don’t either.

I don’t really think the term “pact” applies to the gods and goddesses. They are traditionally worked with through devotion and the making of offerings (traditionally food and drink).

Edit to add: Why not try a petition spell with Athena? It is a traditional Greek way of working with the gods.

3 Likes

But that is often part of making agreements with demons as well and most demons that I have seen used to be Gods. Since terms like Demon and Deity are so
… arbitrary, and a pact is simply an agreement spelled out clearly on paper, I don’t see any difference.

I agree on the issue of blood.

Demonolatry aligns closer to the traditional way of working with the gods. Petitions, prayers, veneration and offerings.

A pact can be many things to me, and doesn’t always include those things.

I agree with @DarkestKnight, make a petition and make offerings

3 Likes

You’re right, the terminology is arbitrary. I have never heard of someone calling an agreement with a god or goddess a “pact” in the literature but people always talk about making pacts with demons. The term “pact” means a formal agreement, so I guess any kind of formal agreement counts as one though, traditionally, a demon was seen as wanting to destroy the summoner and so a formal declaration of the terms of agreement would be a way of protecting oneself by knowing what is expected.

I do not agree with the belief that demons used to be gods though. In my experience, demons and godforms are their own separate class of beings.

5 Likes

Lol not what I meant. I was just using the system I work as an example. It is the closest thing I know of to how we used to treat gods

1 Like

That comment was part of my reply to someone else, King :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just making sure :joy: sorry

1 Like

No problem :+1:

1 Like

What’s the difference between a blood pact and a petition and how do you do a petition?

For one thing, a petition does not involve blood letting.

As for how to do a petition:

1 Like

I have Yes Zeus, Hades, Erebus, Poseidon and Cronos.

2 Likes

I’d like to say that a blood pact isn’t necessarily an offering of blood for the entity, though it can be. For me, when I seal an agreement with blood, it serves as an unbreakable oath making clear that I will not break my word. A blood oath is as serious as dick cancer to me. It’s a sign of good faith to the entity and an act of sealing the deal on my part. “I agree to open my life up in this area to ____, and I will _____. _____ will ____.”
I should specify, I don’t make pacts with gods for them to do stuff for me. I make pacts to work with them as a sort of apprenticeship.

1 Like

Please tell me more about that.

1 Like

I would love to hear about that and what they all they think of each other.