Has anyone completed Necromantic Sorcery the book?

Wow , ok :flushed:. I think this book is a bit to advanced for me at the moment. I’ll start with a more simpler system and work my way up.

Theirs something calling me to this book. Every time i pick up that book, i am immediately possessed. And told this is my path; they are waiting for me.

I think i need to walk this path.

Eh, that’s a problem. Get yourself under control first. You must be yourself, and do this for yourself, not so they can live through you.

Don’t be a pussy and do something just because some random bint told you to. Do it because it benefits you directly, and more than it costs.

5 Likes

It felt more like i was being guided, then being controlled. It’s like i was reconnecting to something that was already their. I always wanted to become a necromancer, it just feels right. Like it’s the path i should be traveling down.

Like it’s in my blood.

I think it will benefit me. It’s hard to explain, but way back necromancy was the current that seemed to be calling me within the most. I feel like i had been one before. I know it sounds crazy.

Of course, being controlled doesn’t feel like being under control, or you’d naturally want to break it.

The question is who and why, what are thier motives, why should you trust them, who are they and how do you know they are who they say they are? Answer these and have a good feeling you understand why this will be good for you, and that you can handle it, imo.

This is newbie 101 - it’s why every ritual from ceremonial to shamanic starts with a banishing. There are tons of entities that want to use you for so many reasons, the LAST thing you do is trust them and take them at face value. That way lies madness and pain.

4 Likes

I have zero issue with this - just, study it on your own terms. You don’t need entities to tell you what you want, you want it and that’s enough reason.

2 Likes

Wow, i’m a real beginner. I didn’t know or think of any of these things. I’ve got a lot to learn.

I find when i read or listen to BALG i sort of get possessed. I’m told to work with a particular entity or read a particular book. Maybe, i need to be aware of these entities.

I get sort of possessed a lot. I’m not sure why.

I understand. Thank you!

Boundaries. It could be that the entities talking to you are beneficial, but you don’t know that, and you must stay sovereign to win this game.

In this case, I suggest you go back to basics and start with learning how to cleanse and banish, and set wards and protections so only those entities you have given permission to work with you are allowed into your energy field. All others will have to contact you through signs and omens, and only the most powerful, like deity, will be able to touch you directly.

This will also help with setting up protection from other human practitioners, random negative vibes from sensitives and crappy energy in your environment.

3 Likes

I always thought you contacted the entity and it instructed you on what to do. But i think i misunderstood how this works.

Ok, thanks. I’ll work on putting that into action. I need to do a bit of research on that first. I have no idea how to do some of these things.

I think i do have a lot of entities in my house. I can feel and see them vaguely; walking around. It feels very natural and normal to me. But you are right: i don’t know what all their intentions are.

@Mulberry Thank you for your help and guidance. I really appreciate that.

Thank you :blush:.

@Mulberry I was going to officially start my journey with Works of darkness. But i need to buy some candles that might take a bit of time. I was wondering, till then, what are some basics i could learn in black Magick?

I’m starting to learn about banishing and cleansing. I was going to work with some more Sigils.

Do you think it’s a good idea?

Candles are used because traditionally Fire is a gateway, but you don’t really need it. Water is another gateway and a glass of water in place of the candle can also act similarly.

From page 22 in Works of Darkness:

If it will take a while to get hold of candles (try the dollar store for cheap votives) start without them, or try using an animated gif of one on your phone.

Yes learn banishing and cleansing, try white sage, palo santo, sandalwood or wormwood as smudges. Smudges are meant to repel negative spirits and energies - you waft the smoke over the thing to cleanse with intention that this is what will happen. Use your hands to waft it to the corners of the room the clear the space.

3 Likes

Wow, i didn’t know you could do that.

What about colored candles :candle:?

I don’t need it?

I can improvise?

No not really. Unless your bent is towards the highly ceremonial and you really like having all the props just to to build a theatrical event that really gets your juices flowing - that’s cool too, but it’s not always practical. :woman_shrugging:

The way I think of it, it’s like a recipe. Ideally it’s good to follow the recipe straight the first time. Once you know what that’s like, you can start making substitutions and changes to suit your taste. But if you’re trying to make the thing right now and you don’t have x but you have y that’s a common substitute for x, then you’re going to use it. You can always try the recipe again another day for comparison. Either way you get a nice meal out of it.

Same with ritual - this shouldn’t be a one and done, so start with what you’ve got, see what happens, later when you have the colored candles try it again and see if there’s a difference. For you there might be, and that’s ok. For me there really isn’t and that’s fine too - we all have unique energy systems so it would be weird if we all worked identically.

3 Likes

@Maulbeere Wow, thank you. I’ll try it with some water and different colored items.

I really appreciate your help :blush:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The candle colours in Works of Darkness are for a specific meditation. You can skip it if you want to, but as a beginner, it serves a helpful purpose in opening you up to the specific energies.

2 Likes