Has anyone been initiated into Palo Mayombe?

I am researching Palo, why stay away from Montenegro?

any advice on research i can do to help me learn the Spirits, or get a head start in memorizing a category of herbs in general to help me build a solid foundation? or anything that is not too intrusive but can help me get a jump start in memorizing. i have a hard time with that.

Any advice for an outsider who is looking to be initiated? to help my knowledge base. things you would have started out learning first if you could go back and do things differently. or things you would have worked on prior to initiation?

1 Like

I’m going to give you some advice that another member gave to me: talk to your ancestors. Ask them to guide you to the right Tata, Yayi and Munanso if you have a path in Palo. If you do, trust that you will be steered to the right people.

5 Likes

I have to be honest with u. If u not black u have little to no ancestors into Palo. If u dont meditate or balance your chakras u have no business practicing ANY spiritual system. In fact in tradition mayombe u go in the woods and pick your own herbs and stones for your Nganga. And fact theres no such thing as an Mayombe spirit. And Bantu (congo) cosmology theres no deities only the nganga. So if theres spanish people practicing mayombe than anyone can. And technically everyone is african so STOP the religious talk. Stop looking at deities as people! They dont have souls and careless about who practice them or not. Black people dont even practice mayombe like they should and the nfumbe dont CARE. They just wanna do their job!

5 Likes

Hello @Supreme_Divinity

As your next post, please introduce yourself to the rest of us.
Simply click here New Magician Help & Introductions - Become A Living God and create a new topic by clicking the box top right and tell us a bit about yourself.
Here’s some helpful ideas for your intro:

Also don’t forget to read the BALG forum rules:

1 Like

Wow.

Only black people can be in la Regla de Congo, really? Ok.

Congo religion needs Hindu yoga to activate. I did not know that

You know how tata and yaya find their roots? Interesting

Mayombe spirits and Bantu cosmology have no dieties, really? Ok.

Anyone can do Palo? Really? Ok.

The nfumbe just wanna do their job. Really…interesting.

The things you learn on BALG.

On that note, moving right along…

3 Likes

@jaysalamone.

Im iniated in Palo Kimbisa Mayombe.

2 Likes

I agree. We all have African in us. The only thing that certain lines of Palo care about is if your gay. In my line of Palo. We can help Gay people. But they are not allowed to iniate into our religion.

2 Likes

Yeah good luck with that with Palo. Thats funny.

1 Like

Ok I see the level of your understanding, and it is misplaced. Mpungo don’t guide you like in dealing with loa, or orisha! Maybe I can explain a little. When I say palo I’m actually useing it as. Nickname for the religion. The religion of palo mayombe is not even the name of the religion! The name of of the religion is Kinganga. Perhaps you can look that up! Palo means stick, and mayombe is. Geographical location in Kongo or rather bantu civilization. What your useing as a Mpungo discriotion comes from a different branch in palo! The original branch from yombe in Brazzaville Kongo did not believe in spirit guides :joy:. That comes from another branch known as kimbisi!

My man I completely understand what you are coming from. I have a very good grasp and understanding on palo and palo cruzado. There are many varia ruins of palo and even more of we include some of the Kim bands linage than has adapted palo in their practices. Yet registros are don in palo that is a consultation to the mpungo through the nfumbe of the prenda. We can cal this consultation guidance by spirit and thus they are serving as spirit guides. Like I stated before I understand you position as a religionists. I can understand you adherence to your creed and dogma. I can’t understand however is your insistence in denying something without even experimenting or researching the reality of the situation. Blessings to you.

2 Likes

Actually I am a student of espiritismo cruzado as well! Once again palo is palo , ifa is ifa and espirtismo is espiritismo. They are in separate categories

I can understand your point. But we can all be grouped in Congo inspired practice. I mean to call palo “traditional” is not appropriate since all palo are adaptations and new practices inspired on traditional African practices. Espiritismo cruzado is an new development of French spiritism from the turn of the century and African practices. Thus not traditional and a novelty. Whether the new development is spirit inspired or the child of necessity is debatable. What is not is the fact that palo is a new development and frame of practice from older African, more specifically Congo, practices that due to necessity and location where adapted, reinvented and modified to fit the new circumstances. That’s my point, I’m not saying that if someone practices something inspired in palo mayombe he is a palero, no, but I can’t sit in a high chair and vomit the same dogma ridden phrases so abundant in palo and atr circles. I’m all about fearless experimentation that fearful dogma propagation. I say give your inner guide a try if it works good share it. If it don’t you live and you learn.

My dude I appreciate your devotion and your love for the religion but please don’t fall for the churchianity syndrome. If there was only one way then everyone would be following it. The fact that many ways exist means that all hold part of the truth. Please don’t make your branch bigger by stepping on others. After all all religions say the same thing.

Hmm ok I understand what you mean yes many branches are into mixing and matching And adding what they learn as spiritualism to form something new. Although I have my own opinions my branch does not work spiritualism into the pot. In fact when I’m referring to traditional I’m referring to Judia not christiano! Some of us actually have kept traditional kinganga close to intact!. I do not step on any other branch. Especially because we are all branches rooted from the same root. Certain things I’m allowed to discuss on this forum other info is secreto! But I do understand you ideas reminded me of andres petit and his approach which gave birth to Kimbisi. Yo soy no kimbisero!

Also when someone hears the word spiritualism we think good vs evil . The problem is Kinganga is neither of the two. There is no bad and good in palo. This is why in palo my friend we say without mooyo you have nunca! Mooyo means heart!

Sambia malongo yaya moangui

https://www.ashe.com.ve/foro/viewtopic.php?t=20253&start=30
The information on the link sadly for those who can’t read it, is in Spanish. There is wealth in that forum but also some posers. But you seem knowledgeable so I trust you can disern truth. My nfumbe likes you so I know your heart is in the right place. Now a common mistake is to say that andres petit created kimbiza. He created a variation of kimbiza known as El Santo Cristo del buen Viaje. In Thai rule catholisism was heavily included and he also reformed the secret society of Abakua. And he is responsible in part for the syncretism, from him we get ideas like putting ache in prendas, the 21 caminos of Lucero and the such.
Im not throwing tradition away but I don’t discard on changes caused by new information and unique personal revelations by the spirits. I also can’t discard a person who can practice palo inspired magic without initiation. Not the religion and not in the way a tata will do of course, but si se mayombe is a living and breathing tradition, all that breathes changes. We see it in our prendas, they grow with us. Only that which is dead don’t change. My brother Que Nsambi Acutare.

Nsambi acutare mi empangui. I have a question I mean I do t pretend to know all there is about palo. I recently met a palero a tata Nkisi that does not have a Lucero. In registros he was given the ok for rayamiento and year later the ok for rayamiento for tata but in all no Lucero. I can see that happening as in palo we go white what the Nganga says. But what are the thoughts of bother Palero’s here? And you too my brother.