Good entities for musicians?

I noticed theres at least a couple of other musicians on here, and I was wondering who you like to do business with.

Im in the process of recording an album, and creative fatigue is getting strong, and Im running out of inspiration…

Some people would know the rumor of robert johnson, the blues master from the 30’s who was said to have made a pact with the devil at a crossroads. Hendrix often wrote about his astral travels and various encounters, and Tool is almost getting as much notice for their occult workings as they do for their music. Hell, here’s a copy of aenima with Astaroth’s sigil printed on the cd itself.

Now, I did try that, and he/she/it (very ambiguous character), helped out some with my understanding of music theory, but seemed more interested in addressing various emotional and energetic issues, which im grateful for…but Im looking for some fresh ideas, something that will truely inspire me, give me something worth while to sing about, and give me some fresh energy in my composition.

Any spirits that specialize in this sort of thing?

1 Like

Paimon

Zachariah here would be the authority on this forum regarding such things, as he has said that he regularly works with entities to help his career and inspiration. I’m pretty sure there’s a thread in the Complete Works category regarding this topic, check it out.

Off the top of my head – Mammy’aon from BoA. I haven’t worked with him but his description fits what you’re looking for (though it’s stated that the inspiration gets darker over time).

Yea, echoing what Ryan said. Do a forum search for stuff Zach has posted. He talks about music quite a bit, and using magick to aide it. He worked with some entity from the BoA for help.

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/profile/ZachD555/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/profile/ZachD555/[/url]

Heh, this place is becoming better than Google!

1 Like

I make my own music for certain rituals. I am very sensitive to sound and music. I play a harmonium in my temple for chanting.

Sometimes I put stuff up publicly, but just for fun:

For music and art I often use certain shakti and bija mantras to invoke Goddess Saraswati. This can also include a Saraswati Yantra sadhana, as well as deep devotion to her, which can often trigger vivid dreams where I am taught a new song, idea or given inspiration.

If you are interested I can elaborate more on some simple practices to invoke Saraswati.

[quote=“Bitterroot, post:7, topic:1077”]I make my own music for certain rituals. I am very sensitive to sound and music. I play a harmonium in my temple for chanting.

Sometimes I put stuff up publicly, but just for fun:

For music and art I often use certain shakti and bija mantras to invoke Goddess Saraswati. This can also include a Saraswati Yantra sadhana, as well as deep devotion to her, which can often trigger vivid dreams where I am taught a new song, idea or given inspiration.

If you are interested I can elaborate more on some simple practices to invoke Saraswati.[/quote]

You might as well skip asking, because it seems like your techs are always welcomed here. Who isn’t interested hehe

Yes, definitely! I often play around with various indian modalities, and would love to have that influence more incorporated in my style

Howdy Lotus Eater,

I am very involved with music as it is my full time career. And thanks to everyone for your compliments. Yes I’ve published a couple of threads and worked with Mammy’aon from BOA to gain inspiration as an artist. His influence is dark but fades fast.

Selling your soul for music has always been a bit of a euphamism for guys who would disappear from the blues/jazz scene because they sucked so bad then reemerging weeks, months or years later and play like a beast. This happened to me when I first moved away from Dallas to Detroit, started getting my ass kicked at every gig and finally wanted to quit. I then went into the woodshed and practiced my ass off! All day everyday aided by all the jazz professors at my University. When I emerged on the scene a few years later, people really started to take notice of that damn funky ass bass player! Selling your soul for music is really about saying fuck it, I’m gonna practice my ass off all day everyday, study with the best teachers around and play with musicians who always push you to the next level. Regardless of cost, fame or fortune. If you’re not willing to sacrifice all for music, you’ll not ever achieve what you’re capable of. So I highly recommend to any musician, occultist or not to practice their ass off. Because there are guys like me who are waiting to steal your gig, and your girl. lol

I believe spiritual entities can, do and are willing to be very helpful in aiding your project in three ways:

First find a demon, like Belial, who can open up social intrusion for you. His sigil is here on the forum, but I will not rob you the joy of discovering where it’s found.

Second: You can call upon the Goddess Venus in her many forums as she is passionate about music and art and can increase that certain mystique that we all have as musicians.

Third: A demonic spirit can actually possess your instrument or recording. See my post about Lady Gaga’s Paparazzi backwards. I also offer a service to possess musical instruments.

But, musician to musician advice outside of the “metaphysical” world. If you’re an up and comer or just want new inspiration try a few things.

Practice all scales, chords and arpeggios in all 12 keys. Learn the minor modes and their variations. Fall in love with sound. It’s the best thing next to silence to express the human soul.

Also listen to new music. Tons of new music. Shit you haven’t heard of before. Especially outside of the genera you wish to create in. Listen to jazz, blues, funk, soul, reggae, salsa, rock, disco, house, broken beat, punk, metal, groove feel free to add to this list if I missed something hip like afrobeat or Haitian Voudon drumming.

Third. Smoke a lot of pot and improvise with your musician buddies. This is really key. Try not to be the “bandleader” or “artist” because unless you’re handing out real paychecks nobody gives a fuck if you think you’re the shit! Sit in with everyone you can! Think outside the box. It’s a scientific fact that musicians brainwaves line up with one another’s when playing together. Play rhythms that induce trance and theta gamma sync…metronome at 135bpm and 8th note patterns.

That’s all I can think of for now…oh…remember that you can use the energy of the crowd and band mates to feed on if you’re looking for a light/life blood source.

In Darkness,

Zachariah

3 Likes

Hell yeah, looks like ive got some homework! Thanks for taking the time to go into detail.

A few things youve mentioned Ive tried in various ways. Ive definitely noticed the energy between the crowd and the band, it can create a feedback loop and bring everything to an entirely new level.

My Les Paul has a star of Babalon carved in the back, it has been activated, but Im not sure if the guitar is actually possessed. Had a noticeable effect on the tone though.

Ive been at this for about 12 years now, and Im in the middle of that “disappearing for awhile” that you spoke of. The woodshedding is too much, I know all my modes and scales in my sleep, my technique is awesome, but I need great SONGS, not just great moments and playing within mediocre songs.

Everything Ive been recording by myself or with other people just sounds like something Ive heard before. None of it excites me. Over the past year, I probably couldve released 2 whole albums of material, but I just trashed it all because I dont like any of it. I want to be more successful, but I also want to be able to impress myself before I impress other people, and to do that, I would have to be doing something Ive never heard before, I guess.

In your work with various spirits, how do you receive your ideas? Just as bursts of inspiration, or will you get actual instructions, like “play this progression at this bpm, etc etc”?

It’s totally intuitive when I get messages of inspiration. I’ve been playing 23 years and the only music I am proud of is the music I am making in the moment. Improvised, free jazz with a demonic funky twist! dig?

About scales…most cats that I’ve met, except for those at the top of their game say exactly what you’ve said. The guys I look up to say, that they discover something new everyday by playing through the scales. Not simply running from root to root like most dipshits do. Run everything from root to 9th regardless of the scale, music just sounds more balanced and even this way. Give it a try if you haven’t. Also play the inside of a scale, mix in chromatic colors and chord tones. Resolve your dissonance. A half step up or down will solve everything. There are only 3 possible movements in a melody, by scale step, by chord tone or chromatically. There are no other possible answers. Give it a try.

Ha! you are most definitely a jazz guy :wink:

Ive never done much with 9ths, always gravitated towards 7ths for some reason, guess Im gonna have to start going outside my comfort zones more. I think I’ll go put on my copy of Bitches Brew…

It also just occurred to me that there shouldnt be any reason I cant evoke dead musicians and artists for insights as well. Ever tried that?

1 Like

Fuck Yeah! Bitches Brew is Legit!

I just had full manifestation of my dead grandfather on saturday while holding S. Connelly’s book of Necromancy. Full fucking physical manifestation. He asked me to put him in a tree at our family farm.

I’ve wanted to evoke Miles, Jimmy, Lennon, Marley, Marvin ect…and I am going to work towards that goal this year! Yeah I’m deffo a jazz cat, but I started in punk an metal and just evolved. oh a nice arpeggio 1 b3 5 b7 b9

Told ya Zach knew his shit.

Is there any way I can listen to your music Zach or Lotus? Something like on YouTube?

Thaddeus James Ford and Hunter Hendrickson at The Kessler Theater

I’m a little bit older so I don’t have as many youtube video’s as some of the other cats do. Look up Our Home the Sun, I was a founding member, Danielle Reed, current member, The Groove Contingency, and there are some videos of me jamming with a jazz group called 508 Park Ave. I am unaware of any videos prior to myself moving to Dallas in 2009. I worked as a showband musician for Carnival, Royal, Princess and HAL for a few years out of college. When I lived in detroit I played with guys from Will Sessions, and the Hot Club of Detroit, I am a WSU alum and studied with some of the best cats in jazz, soul and groove music. The list goes on Backhand Blues Band, Johnny Rodriguez Firey Latin Jazz Orchestra, the Swingshift Orchestra, 1st Chair of the Wayne State Guitar I Ensemble for 2 years and leader of several jam sessions and small groups at college. I worked in rock bands, and churches before that. I was even on stage in front of 13000 people when I was 22 years old. Please don’t take that as bragging I have no idea who has videos up. I worked with about 150 different entertainers when I was on cruise ships. I really don’t know who posted videos of me. Dave Blazer and Marcus Anthony were great though!!

Damn, I gotta follow that?
I dont really have anything on the internet that I would deem listenable at the moment, but here’s a local band that asked me to do guitars for them about 4 years ago…I wish I had some input on the songwriting itself, but it was pretty much a “shut up and play” sort of situation.
(myspace! how quaint…)
[url=http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=24993319&ac=now]Riverside Pictures by Prayers For Rain | Song | Free Music, Listen Now on Myspace

[url=http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=59392895&ac=now]http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=59392895&ac=now[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=48548219&ac=now]ENVY (rough mix) by Prayers For Rain | Song | Free Music, Listen Now on Myspace

Evoked Hent’yos last night, wasnt the most pleasant experience…Ill write more when my head makes sense of it all.

I was thinking about the evoking dead musicians subject, and I got to thinking about various people who are still alive that are known for occult associations, and even though it would probably be very difficult to arrange such a thing, wouldnt it be awesome for EA to interview Jimmy Page? The dude used to own and live in Crowley’s old house, has one of the largest occult collections in the world, apparently has a tarot deck in the works, and the list goes on and on. Surely he has some pretty juicy secrets to share?

I do not think that Jimmy Page would be out of EA’s league. EA is a master among masters and Jimmy was too. Both sharing a love for the occult and music. You should suggest that to him and Timothy in their thread who would you like me to interview next. However, most of my hero’s are dead and gone. But I plan on resurrecting for lessons and conversations this list:

John Lennon, Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye, Miles Davis, and Jaco Pastorius. There will be others I’ll call specifically for bass guitar lessons like, James Jamerson, and Ray Brown. I think it would be cool to have evoked those dead hero’s sit down and jam and write music with them.

Oooh, Jaco would be awesome. Ask him how to play portrait of tracy.

I really think theres something to this though, I remember being at the rock and roll hall of fame years ago, and they had both of Duane Allman’s gibsons hung on a wall with about a half inch of plastic separating you from them. I stayed there for about 10 minutes, just staring at them and almost treating them how I would a sigil. The sheer amount of energy that was held in the wood of those instruments completely changed my outlook and understanding of music for the rest of my life.

You should definitely post back with your results, Im very curious how this all will go down.
I want to have a good friendly experience, so Ive been thinking that the first person Ill try to call will be George Harrison.