Goetia Question

Hello All! I have a question for those who are experienced with the Goetia.

I just bought a copy of the book shown, and read through it. I read through the requisites and conjurations and I’m wondering….

Obviously it is unlikely that anyone has been able to replicate these requisites exactly, so…how close CAN one come and still have results…also….the conjurations seem to be quite sadistic…has anyone used them? What were your experiences?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Most people here do not use the original method described within the Lesser Key of Solomon. The members of this forum tend more towards the religion of demonolatry than traditional ceremonial magick (and will get offended if you even hint at compelling demons). If you are interested in the traditional approach, I recommend you look into the work of modern authors such as Stephen Skinner and Rawn Clark. There are still traditional Goetic magicians around, though they are rare.

3 Likes

The first and second conjuration may, each one, be repeated and probably suffice. Some practicioners manage to work “by the book” but a simpler system consists in gazing at the sigil then call the entity until it appears in a scrying device or in the smoke of incense.

1 Like

Thank you both. I see, that makes so much more sense. I’ve worked with some demons through the sigil method, but has never actually purchased the book and read it.

When I did I was like… hmm I don’t really wanna do all that lol

Thank you

1 Like

What is your understading of the word “Goetia”? It’s not just the first book of the Lemegeton, it’s an art, every grimoire has different instructions that were developed by a practitioner who wrote it and that is giving you the tools to do the work.

1 Like

This far this is my only understanding of it. I’m not familiar with other versions or grimoirs on these spirits

And Poke Runyon, the Gallery of Magick (GoM), etc.

2 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot to mention Poke. He’s a highly respected traditional Goetic magician. The Gallery of Magick, however, are not.

2 Likes

I’d look into one of these books. The old grimoires are usually deliberately confusing and there has been centuries of development of the methods since the ancient times. Same spirits, but better methods.

Demons of Magick by Gordon Winterfield
The Magick of Angels and Demons by Henry Archer
Goetia Pathworking by Corwin Hargrove

I’m not really a Goetia magician but I’ve worked with the first book, with good results.

5 Likes

Thank you all. I will search for these books!

As worshippers of primordials, daemons and the like, we do not use the Judeo Christian Solomonic methods of evocation that constrain the daemons to set out on tasks or perform your ego’s will with ease and force.

Naturally if you want to be a peon of Ialdabaoth and emulate him be my guest and throw archontic names at them, go be my guest!

-Lotan Vovin

3 Likes

If you have a good relationship with certain demons, you can use them to call upon other ones. I don’t really recommend threatening them. Sometimes people want to prove they are god and all of that, but really lack the wisdom to give commands that make sense.

1 Like

does this ways work?or which is better?(for summoning good)and i’m not a demonolatry.

Depends on your attitude and values. Solomonic magick is more involved and technical, For you I’d recommend you stick with simpler methods like the ones in E.A. Koetting’s books after you get your protections in place. Or look up the evocation tutorials I linked you in your intro.

I would say the best method is always the one you actually do.

does solomonic magick realy work???

whose books are better?crowley?josephh?or someone else?

Yes of course. Why? Because magick works, period. What might not work, is you. The magick is not in the method, the props the objects the candles or the words, it’s in YOU. The practitioner is what makes the magick and brings the energy and intention needed to make it work.

So it works if you do it right.

The one you actually bother to try to do and make work. They’re all the same otherwise. There’s IS NO “better”, there is ONLY YOU.

You are the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, the ritual started the second you decided to do it, and it continues until you declare it done. What you do with that in the time in-between is fully your responsibility. It’s not about the words on paper, its about what YOU do with them.

1 Like

yeah of course.i agree alles.

i mean which book has real information?unlike necronomicon which is holshit

It’s not though. Plenty of people have got the magick in that to work. That’s what I’m trying to say… Again, because they are the magick ones and they MADE it work.

You are a creator being, so you create.

Pick a book that you like, that attracts you and makes you feel good, that’s the book you want.

For me, that’s the Book of Azazel by E.A. Koetting. But that’s just me. For most others it’s something else, maybe not a book at all. You have to try a few and find your own path. Don’t just tread another creator being’s steps if you want to create for yourself.

About magick in general, also, Kraig’s Modern magick; for evocation, Summoning spirits by Konstantinos.
Concerning books by EA Koetting it would be possible to start with the Become a living god book and Ordo Ascensum Aetyrnalis.

I love the Necronomicon by Dr. John Dee and it was the first book I read but it was not complete and it didn’t say the method of summoning demons but there was a circles and sigils and I really like this method and this magic. Now what should I do? ???