Gods/Demons/Spirits for Physical Fitness?

I second Artemis for women. If you’re going to practice box-martial arts, then Athena could be a good alternative. But if it is lifting, then Artemis.

4 Likes

Thank you! Is there any particular method of evocation/invocation for her? I’m unfamiliar with Greek spirits.

Definitely looking at lifting, not martial arts (yet). Will the orphic hymns be an appropriate way of connecting with her?

1 Like

That is the traditional method, yes.

Anyway, I’m researching how to reach the Greek pantheon with visionary magick and I do have a pathworking to Artemis, but it is untested.

3 Likes

That sounds awesome. Please shoot me a message if it’s successful. I’d love to learn.

1 Like

Well, I did reach Artemis (and several others), but I always look for third party confirmation. But, I was lead to her by Hermes and the sequence that leads to him has been confirmed by others, so I have no reason to doubt it is her.

Are you familiar with visionary magick?

2 Likes

I’m afraid not. Are there any resources or books I can look at to learn more about visionary magick?

I generally read poems and hymns dedicated to them while on the altar I have things associated with them

1 Like

Goetia Pathworking, Lucifer and the Hidden Demons, the Raziel’s paths of power duology and for theory, Dolores Ashcroft’s “Highways of the mind”.

3 Likes

Asmodeus. Demon of martial arts, known for reawakening life lust in people and getting people in shape. Think I read about someone here using him for exactly that actually.

3 Likes

I would add Apollo too. I live working with the twins on stuff like this.

1 Like

Sartmulu, a spirit of Mars.

From the book Summoning Spirits by Konstantinos:

“Sartmulu can teach you how to exercise your body physically, and magically, to become strong and healthy.”

3 Likes

Did you search?

4 Likes

A few months ago I asked for the blessing of Ares and Thor in my fitness life and it worked very well. I put on a lot of lean muscle, my kicks became powerful and I was in general good health. Jaguar totem helped immensely too.

I plan on doing this again as your post has inspired me.

Artemis can definitely help you. So can Freya or Aphrodite Areia.

1 Like

Asmodeus is my number one pick in any physical strength and muscle-related things.

1 Like

Greek/Roman pantheon has some great ones; Hephaestus, Nike, Heracles, etc etc.

You can summon me by zoom app and start a diet this Wednesday. Questions? Just ask me on pm.

This is my choice. S. Connally also mentions Asmodeus for help with physical therapy and fitness. I also think Verrine would do well although I haven’t called Verrine for this purpose. My greatest success has been by way of servitors. I have one associated with my favorite yoga towel and one connected to a small statue that is visible in my workout space.

1 Like

I would add Phenex, Lilith, Astaroth and Dagdagiel.

not exactly a god but then again yea, there is an herb-mineral in the Himalayas called Shilajit, so in that sense it is coming from the god Shiva. If you take that, it will boost your abilities quite a lot.