Ghost realm aka realm of the dead my thoughts

This is just a brief summary of what I have been told by my guides about the afterlife…

There are two realms I’ve been told about the shadow realm where all the shadow people and the hat man reside in and the ghost realm aka purgatory, land of the dead etc…

The land of the dead is a realm of darkness most dead spirits live here, it’s pure darkness and most ghost’s are hungry, thirsty tired and have unfinished business it’s not a fun place nor is it hell a place if fire and brimstone…the Catholics call it purgatory…

Most humans do not enter the infernal kingdom as that’s a place for the demonic…some humans do become demons after death though some might also become angels and enter the 7 realms of heaven…most just end up here in the ghost realm…

Different pantheons have different versions of the afterlife but most ppl are atheistic and undecided about the afterlife and they end up in the ghost realm as wandering lost souls… hauntings such as ghost who haunt graveyards, old buildings etc are ones from this realm, shadow ppl also haunt places but they have their own kingdom…

People who died of suicide, violent accidents, physical health usually stay trapped here I’ve been told by a friend of mine who died that all she saw was darkness…

I want to connect more with these two worlds the ghost realm and shadow realm, I still don’t know what shadow people are fully and I’m curious about them…

6 Likes

This was very interesting to read!
Do you think there is a way to help/guide souls out of the land of the dead? Asking this out of curiosity, because that place doesn’t sound very fun, maybe if you guided souls to somewhere they would be better off (like a pantheon) they would be grateful or something idk

And also, where do us magicians go?

3 Likes

We need to talk!

1 Like

Having performed the Shadownomicon, assuming the shadow people I contacted and who contacted me, were the same thing as Shadow people in general, my take away was that they are interdimensional beings - astral beings if you like. They do not have their own ‘realm’ per se, they can travel and live in the astral, as we do to a certain extent. I do not believe they are celestials or higher beings.
But you might like to try that book for yourself.

The underworld in my cosmology is Hel as described in the Norse lore, which I think is the same thing as Kur in Sumerian lore. I prefer to work with Ereshkigal, Sumerian Queen of the Underworld.
The lore is self-contradictory, in one place it’ll say no-one can escae Kur, and then there are stories of people doing just that, and the lore we have is fragmented and changed over time, and like a lot of lore has a lot of symbolism in it… so there’ll be a lot of personal discovery needed to work with her and her domain.

I find it to be more of a place of rest, particularly for humans who have just come from a life where they had forgotten there was more to the universe, they have a change to get acclimatised and decide what they want to do next.

There is no such thing as purgatory, as far as I’m concerned. Anything xtian should be taken with a pinch of salt, as the entire religion was written to control the weak minded.

And again I think this is an area of the Astral and more about a state of being rather than a fixed ‘area’.

6 Likes

The shadowman, is something I would like to discuss with you. As for the shadow land/afterlife what ever you call it… one person’s nightmare is another person’s home! I was brought up on this place…this is my mother’s domain…it ain’t pretty but it is truthful…all laid bare/stripped…no deceptions. There is solace to be attained… Many lessons to be learned…x

1 Like

I like the Irish land of the dead, much more pleasing than the other various lands of the dead, irish land of the dead is split into various sections but often resembles nature and one has the option to become a spiritual guide for another, rest then reincarnate, or simply rest and not return, of course there’s probably more to it but I’d choose that over Helheim or Irkalla anyday :laughing:

4 Likes

If I have a choice I won’t reincarnate, I haven’t been told much about reincarnation by my guides, so I’m still not sure about that one Santa Muerte and Baron Samedi haven’t spoken about being reborn to me yet…

2 Likes

I think purgatory is just a title not really a place this realm I just call the ghost realm or land of the dead…shadow people I still need to work with though

1 Like

I’ve been to a Purgatory though it was only specific to that one pantheon during my etheric expeditions.

2 Likes

The land of the dead, is just the same as every other plane/place…I have experienced no difference! No matter what level of plane/place a man is on…he always striving for the next! Grass is greener etc!

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

What I speak I know is truth… if you don’t believe me, scan me…

1 Like

How would looking at your soul back up your claims? I never seen a person’s Magickal experience while scanning them. Just who they are a spiritual level.

3 Likes

Huh? uh a scan doesn’t have much to do with this o.o

2 Likes

Then I’m wasting my time then…

1 Like

Scanning just would prove your claims. Some other form might. I just wasn’t sure if you understood what scanning was.

2 Likes

Each to their own.

1 Like

That isn’t really answer when we have threads for scanning people to see what the souls shows. I just think you confused it with a different form of divination that can show experiences and such. Scanning is just so dangerous for both the scanner and the one being scanned. It opens both up to parasites and such not so savory things.

1 Like

And you will have a choice and it’s completely fine to not want to. You might have a completely different path not go that keeps you in the spiritual.

2 Likes

Most necromancer’s can help guide souls into the"light" a psychopomp spirit might help them escape this realm but far as I know average people not belonging to any pantheon go here, someone for example who follows Odin won’t end up here…

Santa Muerte has just shown me this realm so far as it is where most souls go when they die not all though…

1 Like