Getting into heaven?

I’m not aware that they have. People trying to research it would be judged and possible have issues getting credibility and funding as many fringe researchers do. That ends to put off much serious research as people vote to stay with career-safe subjects.

That’s a myth

I don’t know that we can say the Soul has Weight experiment as a myth exactly. All we can logically say, at least, about the article linked in support of that, is that experiment has too small a sample size and insufficient rigor to be reliable. (As stated in the article) Multiple independent large studies with finely calibrated equipment to follow up on that would be more convincing either way… I don’t know if that’s been done, so the question is still open to my mind.

I do rather feel that to date, the only instrument with the sensors and sensitivity to detect the components of the soul is a human being. Unfortunately, calibrating a human to get reliable consistent results isn’t possible at this time. Modern science can’t cope with subjectivity and that fact that it really needs something to be observable the same way for all people - objectively - when people just don’t work like that (we are changing all the time), is both hit’s strength and a block to progress. I’m hoping progress with quantum computing will help understanding in this area. Not so much from what a QC calculates, but in it’s failures to hold the quantum states in specific qubits for any length of time and the parallel analogies of how complexity in state happens in humans.

So if your really convinced of whatever spiritual view of life after death you believe to be true, it will be likely that such a scenario will unfold according as to your very belief about it.

I agree. I’ve said it before here recently, so I didn’t want to harp on about it, but it’s not an uncommon theory that when we leave the physical body, we can create for ourselves a corner of the astral to experience what we expect to experience. It’s common enough that a variation of it made it o TV in the series Lucifer, where Lucifer explained that he didn’t drag people to hell, that their own guilt made them invent whatever they felt they needed to do to atone. Once we’re done and start feeling the situation is unjust, or boring, I guess, we finally move on from there and get on with the rest of it.

None of them are 100% and most have some truth, usually encoded so you can’t take it literally, but you can’t easily see past the blinds, vast amounts of basic UPG (unverified personal gnosis), mis-translations of said UPG, and deliberate inserts designed to control.

Personally I take bits and pieces from all over, do my own Gnosis thing, and make my own mind up based on what fits my experience and what doesn’t. Which has the advantage of flexibility in not having to wait for a sea change in an external party to update what’s canon.

I do admit, I never finished reading the Xtian texts, for the same reason I couldn’t get into Golden Dawn - too fluffy for me, I need something practical and no-nonsense that gets to the point much quicker and doesn’t need filtering, correcting, and a cypher to decode bits of it. I think the churches badly misuse the whole thing because they don’t actually understand it in the spirit with which the actual esoteric bits were written - they follow the letter, which is coded, and that makes no sense.

For example, the famous “suffer for a witch to live” which was read my the letter as an excuse to kill any educated person, especially women including midwives and herbalists, constricting healing and help for esoteric issues both to male physicians and the church. It was a translation of “suffer not a sorcerer to live” - because the cult /church leaders didn’t want people doing their own gnosis and talkig to entities that weren’t their officially approved daemon and wanted them to only do what they were told and stop seeking. (They might well have come from YHWH though, nasty little demon; it’s just like him.)

3 Likes