Futhark That

Check out this suave mofo talking about poetry. He knows that all his fans are heathens, but he plays the role of super correct PhD guy. I like it.

Really, if you watch a few of his youtubes you’ll catch on that he knows a little too much about heathenry from an operator’s perspective. I see you Dr. Crawford. Clever play sir.

4 Likes

Here’s a website with (supposedly) every vowel in American English. The AE forty-three I’ll call them.
Gonna try to list them in futhark.

@Mani I have the first bind-rune for my personal set. I’m winging a lot of this so let’s call it Mur. It makes the “er” sound in ‘after’ or ‘answer’.

That makes the word ‘murder’ look like this:

Fun stuff

Edit: Here’s El. I’m gonna use it to fix trailing ‘e’ like able. Mur will do the same thing for fire.

1 Like

This guy gets it

I once gave a victim cancer using the wunjo rune stained with urine and bright yellow paint.

Al.

2 Likes

so in thorsson’s book on page 133 he talks about making a complete beak with the rune talisman when it comes to external change but not internal change. Anyone have any experience with this? I want to create a wealth rune talisman that attracts well wealth.

1 Like

Ansuz isn’t going to work for ‘air’. How would I tell tar from tear? Okay shit

I think therefore I am.
Over there
Hairy bear
Tear tar
Air to breathe
Are you hungry?

Hmmmm
What am I supposed to do about question marks? Crap

eihwaz

I think I’m going to use a mirrored Eihwaz. I’ve been reading up on the esoteric value of the rune. They say it doesn’t have a reversed state because it looks the same upside-down.

I like what Eihwaz represents. I feel close to it and used it in my rune name. It represents long ‘I’ and is the word ‘I’ when I write English with it.

Mirrored Eihwaz is drawn the same way as the vertical number line in the signature rune I pulled out of my head a couple years ago.

I think I’ll go with it unless someone knows why I shouldn’t.

So, getting into Runework the magic style.

I was urged toward Futhark when I learned about old letter Thorn. I like that sort of trivia, but letter thorn stuck in my head. Every English nerd should know all about letter Thorn. The rest is up there👆

Fehu Eihwaz Thurisaz Ansuz Sowilo

Looking at that rune name, claiming it as my own seems over the top. That might be a chant. It seems really really strong.

Opinions?

2 Likes

Protection from enemies…

1 Like

4 Likes

Whoa. That’s very cool.

I see Jera with Algiz, Ansuz… Thurisaz or Wanjo
I don’t know Algiz yet. I’ll look it up.

I see how you bound several runes. Love it👌

1 Like

I think these can be placed on the pentagram . Not only because there are 5, but also because they seem to have some characteristics of the elements.

Fehu relates to (amongst other things) property and therefor can be assigned to earth.

Eihwaz (amongst other things…) relates to defense, and therefor it can be assigned to fire.

Thurisaz (with some imagination) can be assigned to water

Ansuz could be assigned to air

Sowilo can be assigned to Spirit.

You can of course completely disagree with these attributions and figure out more suited ones for yourself. The point is that if you arrange them on the pentagram you are given a couple of ‘Magickal Formulas’.

1. The original sequence as you wrote them down. Tracing this on the pentagram also gives you another ‘glyph’ to represent the word.
  2. The sequence of the letters when tracing either a banishing or invoking pentagram for whichever element.
  3. The sequence of the pentagon.

So, as an example let’s take the invoking earth pentagram. That gives the formula of Sowilo Fehu Thurisaz Ansuz Eihwaz (Sowilo).

I hope this gives you some food for thought.

Or a Magickal Motto.

1 Like

Crafting keeps being pushed back, but maybe that’s okay. I think these runes will be a thing for the rest of my life. Pentagram soon though.

For a goal: Transcribe the lyrics to “Immigrant Song” without looking at my notes.

Edit: See there? Missed a whole rune. Gotta get gooder

so any know if you can use a bind rune multiple times? Is it a one time charge or after it gets what i want throw it away?

1 Like

also i recommend this book it was pretty good https://www.amazon.com/Runes-Beginners-Reading-Divination-Meaning-ebook/dp/B07D81S366/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=runes&qid=1562278843&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

1 Like

Well, as a rule I don’t tell any magician that they can’t do something. You probably can use a rune as many times as you want if you are inclined to do so. I plan on carving a set of runes to use over and over.

I did recently write a bind-rune for a specific reason. I feel as though that particular “casting” was a specific thing in that moment. If I wanted to impart the same influence in a different situation I would light a candle, get in the zone, and make a new rune.

2 Likes

Cool. Is there any particular method of recharging a bind rune or rune script? For some reason i expect this to be really complicated.

1 Like

Chanting is important to Asatru. (and almost every other style) Reading the runes would be a good way to charge or cast a script. You could fashion a little wand and move it along like a Jew reading in temple. Say what you like about Xianism, but the Hebrews are good with runes.

A bind rune might be hard to chant, so maybe find or invent some type of incantation that goes with it. I think you are the first person to mention bind-runes to me, so let me know if you find a good answer.

[quote=“Zapdubious, post:9, topic:70626”] I’ll use that as an apprentice name until the runes reveal more👌
[/quote]

If you don’t mind my asking, how did you arrive at this name? Is it new for this study? I ask, because you say it will be your name until the runes review more.