Free Services: Look Before You Leap! (Applies to buying as well)

Honestly this was directed at being careful what you accept on our forums, and as free services particularly on our forums :slight_smile:

No offense. I think we all comprehend that this forum is run by a business owner and many of us do rituals for hire and offer services as well, but that doesn’t mean that everyone who does it, is doing so to truly help others or that they won’t intentionally make the problem worse, or even that they know what the fck they are doing, but still are selling their services or giving them away for free. Many people don’t even comprehend possible energetic conflicts between people, let alone spirits and spiritual currents.

Maybe even- they don’t realize they have parasites themselves or any number of other things, but the issue here is, people are not using good discretion and I am merely asking them to think about what they do, and who they do with it. :slight_smile:

I’m not really trying to curb anything, rather I was trying to raise awareness. Even if it only helps people connect the dots, between Wow life was great, then I got a great free ritual, but now my life has suddenly turned shitty or I’m fighting parasites non stop. Maybe they will remember reading this, and at least take action to actually help themselves, rather than become something not even worthy to be fed upon.

5 Likes

When you scan you are as equally open as people are that you are scanning. In my case I brought out the parasite that decided it liked what I was putting off.

3 Likes

Well said, that was how I felt about it too, but didn’t want to be incredibly redundant lmao.

I also think less than half the people I see doing scans, or getting them are actually able to do them, or have any idea how it works lmao. Sometimes I read those posts and go yupppp ya crazy man, to even begin to believe this.

We have a lot of the the blind, leading the blind. somedays.

3 Likes

Bumping cuz I’m going back to bed. Be safe kids.

4 Likes

Title change/bumping in an attempt to reach more members.

2 Likes

With respectful apologies, I took the step of changing it again because it’s not so much about “the forum” per se being unsafe, just advising people to look before leaping with free stuff.

And that is indeed why we insist on a 3-month probationary period before people can offer free readings & other free services - not because that somehow assures the person’s work, but so they have a body of posts and interactions on here, and you can quickly research them before deciding whether this is right for you. :+1:

12 Likes

Great point. The best can admit when they’re wrong.

2 Likes

Bumping/heading to bed, be safe!

3 Likes

Wonderful post. Too many of us have learned this the hard way. Lucky for me I learned it the hard way before I ever got into magic. It is exceptionally rare to get something for nothing - no matter what area of life. And like you warned in this post, I paid dearly. If I knew the price that I would have to pay, I would have gone without the free things that were offered to me. I can only imagine what that would be like in the arena of magic…

Live and learn I guess🤷‍♀️

3 Likes

Are you now stronger that you went through those things?

1 Like

I feel like those people must have had problems already or a major vulnerability. It seems unlikely that a simple reading or any occult related exercise could lead to major problems from just one short experience.

I’ve had bad stuff happen, but I was deep into it, i.e., I was spending my entire waking time going into such things, like communicating with spirits with no knowledge of what I was doing.

1 Like

You’d be very surprised…

More likely than unlikely

Great point. They are busy doing their own stuff. Moreover, regulars are more adept and knowledgeable of their own experiences. Adding a random person to the mix is unlikely to help them and may even make things worse.

What do you do during “ritual”? Are you helping people to achieve goals through magick?

Are parasites blocking those who need the information from getting it by doing things like distracting their/its/his/her victim?

1 Like

Yes. Definitely. It took so much energy for me to get out of the situation and I never wanted to be so vulnerable again. People like that prey on the weak. You’re already struggling and they pretend to be nice and help you and then kick you when you’re already down. Then they treat you like garbage and you should be so lucky to have them in your life because now they’re going to help you… it turns into a toxic cycle .“Holding the hand that holds me down,” quote by Breaking Benjamin

Anyway, I learned how to take care of myself after that so that I wouldn’t have to depend on someone else for my survival. If you give someone that much power over you they often times abuse it. Never again. These days I’m happy to trade with people service for service or money for service. I never accept handouts though because there’s always something in it for them. I would rather have a person be upfront about what they want. Then I can decide if I’m willing to pay that price.

So in a sense, it did make me a better stronger person but it was one of the hardest lessons I’ve learned.

5 Likes

May I role the dice here for just a minute? There have been several times people have posted on the forum about “free tarot readings”. I remember signing up to have a free tarot reading done and I was ignored as I wondered about going through with AF (haha, AI not AF, sorry) treatments.

There was a moment I allowed a banned member to pull cards for me when I was angry at a situation and all shit broke loose. So, yes, it’s very important to be careful who you allow in your space. The only one who hasn’t taken advantage of my energy levels will remain anonymous at this time, as I’m still trying to figure out my reading. Everytime I go ask questions, I get a heart only and a very basic answer to put me in the right direction. Because I have a tendency to go a little mechanical in the research phase with everything, including symbolism. :joy: I think she understands that!

Secondly, I’ve had a few people PM privately asking me to help them personally with an issue and I have never put on the forum I would do readings or rituals I refer them back to the forum or I try to point them in the direction they might need, as it’s generally a good idea to let people work through their own pathworking.

Third, I’ve only helped one person and that was to invoke Goddess Aset to answer a question. While my energies were drained, I was very clear in letting the person know it was not me who needed to be thanked - but Goddess Aset needed the entire credit. I was just the mouth piece. While I was happy to do this, it drained my energy.

Now, with this being said - I know my resources on the forum I can trust and I’ll go directly to their posts in order for clarification. With me starting my work with Ahriman, I’ve read through Lady_Eva’s thread, I’ve read through Kurtis Joseph’s stuff (including the interviews with EA). I’ve read carefully the posts from Conner Kendall and I’ve read other sources online. I’ve messaged Velnoes a thousand times with questions to get clarification on things. And usually, if I don’t get something, I’ll go research it myself.

Edited for content.

2 Likes

I agree with most of what you wrote, except there are cases where people are genuinely trying to help others. I believe this is true, because many people try to become mediums and practice on others for “free”.

1 Like

Even these great sources can get things wrong. I have had extremely great results with spirits by just using my own common sense and things I’ve learned from them. For instance, I have had many gut feelings about things and have went with them (gut feelings) to see if they work or not.

3 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I’m gonna engrave this post on a baseball bat and name it Lucille. Well done.

6 Likes

Well, I have been pointed out as a Larp before. :joy: So, I was gonna go through the process of doing it exactly right!

If I told anyone some of the things that go through my head, you’d be shocked. I get a lot of my answers through music or really odd sources.

Like the whole spinning wheel aspect, my answer came from Sleeping Beauty and that was my favorite movie growing up. A day or so later, a thread is started on weird circles on church sites.

Thank you for the advice though. In the words of my Santa Cruz surfer dudes: I love you, man! :surfing_man::call_me_hand:

(General Contractor statement: We must play by the rules. Booooorrrriinnnngggggg! :slightly_smiling_face: I follow my Gut with Aset most of the time!!!)

The OP does have a point though on what she is saying though!

2 Likes