Forbidden Rites : Is it fit for a beginner in necromancy?

So, I’ve lurked around in different sites and occult forums and when the topic of necromancy is brought up (which is kinda rare tbh) this book seems to be suggested all the time as “a good read”. But ,really, I am not looking to pass my time here, I’m looking for a legit book that could help a beginner in necromancy. So far, it’s a practice I haven’t touched although being fascinated by it from an early age.
So what do you guys think?
Is this book good for beginners ?

3 Likes

That sounds interesting. I’d like to know. Bumping this.
Think I’ll mention @DarkestKnight ,dude has an answer for everything :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for that, I appreciate it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have it and have been reading through it a bit by bit. Its good to keep in mind the author wrote it as a study on necromancy more than a how to. That being said it is still a study on a legitimate necromantic grimoire and even without it being a how to I have been able to pull some methods out of there to experiment with

Some things are ofcourse outdated but I do think its interesting and can give you some idea of what you can do as a necromancer which goes beyond making zombies

It may not be an end all be all source but its still interesting

A good place to start with necromancy for a beginner would be to practice a seance and just talking to the dead

Don’t worry, I’m not solely looking for a guide to necromancy. Besides, what good does practice make without a background theory?

That’s good.

Heheh it’s kinda sad when you realize that’s all it’s been portrayed as.

Thanks for the advice :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Have you read the book Necromantic Sorcery ? It seems legit and a good book for necromancy.

1 Like

Dante Abiel’s book?

1 Like

Yeah, he is an author at BALG i guess.
Don’t really keep a list of those :joy:

@Mystic-Void

You’re very welcome! Other aspects you can look into besides talking to the dead

Is mental magick such as persuasion or mind control

And exorcism/demonology

Also avenues necromancers work in

There’s a lot I’m working on learning in this direction myself but getting there in baby steps

1 Like

Oh yeah , I have the book. I also read Timothy’s post about it and it just didn’t seem a “beginner book” you know what I mean? But I’ll definitely read it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Haha yeah me too. It’s weird to start from the beginning in new aspects of magick when you’re already advanced in others. :joy:

2 Likes

It is!! But if it makes you feel any better legitimate necromancy was never intended for beginners its one of the harder if not the hardest arcane discipline

2 Likes

Oh that actually makes me feel better :joy: Then I shall wish you good luck on your journey :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

One thing to keep in mind is that necromancy can destroy you if not approached cautiously. You are dealing with energies that are inimical to life, and filling yourself with them can have detrimental consequences to your health and sanity. That is apparently what happened to Dante Abiel, and caused him to leave the occult completely.

It’s been awhile since I’ve read Forbidden Rites, and I no longer have a copy so cannot really comment on it. However, there are some other books that present a beginner friendly approach, like S. Connolly’s Honouring Death: The Arte of Demonolatry Necromancy, and Necromantic Sacraments, as well as the Necromantic Ritual Book by Leilah Wendall.

4 Likes

I am aware of that, that’s exactly why I am looking for completely beginner stuff and not just dive into the practice like I naively did when I first started practicing magick :woman_shrugging:t2:

I read something about him having cancer I think.

Thanks for the suggestions!

2 Likes

Both of those books I mentioned take a more religious approach to Death. I think the safest way to approach the current is through a psychopomp entity, like Bune, or Azrael.

If you want to a more hardcore route, you might want to check out some of Somnus Dreadwood’s stuff, like his book Charnel Whispers. Just watch out for the cult groupthink of his followers in the Cabal.

3 Likes

Thanks ,you’re being very helpful with these recommendations. People don’t talk a lot about these stuff for whatever reason. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

There’s a shift going on within that organization and the books aren’t available under the author’s name on Amazon. Just an FYI.

2 Likes

Oh ok I’ll just find them on the internet then if possible. Thanks for the info :slightly_smiling_face: @norse900

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

There’s a dispute between Somnus Dreadwood and the organization, which is affecting the rights to publish the material, from my understanding. I wish I remembered where I read that (likely here). I went looking for a different book and was confused when I couldn’t find it on Amazon.

2 Likes