Feel free

If this is directed towards me, I didn’t make fun or judge anyone. I simply put out a statement and suggestion.

1 Like

Thank you, dear. I highly doubt that I can hold up to the folks who post full fledged mega wisdom and practical solutions on a regular basis but if you can draw the smallest bit of inspiration out of my ramblings, my non-existent mission is more than completed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Eh, considering the mass amounts of folk spells out there that retain to those issues that have been around for ages, I doubt that it is just something beginners are after. Magic has been used to give a sense of power back to those who feel who have none. Some of the issues that need to be dealt with are not especially acceptable to some and the morality of what should or should be invested in regarding magic is not something I part take as my own is quite questionable.

I find that magic is much like any martial art. I think few would argue that martial arts are a bad thing to know and be well practiced in, as they have multiple benefits ranging from emotional control and fitness to more spiritual benefits. At the end of the day though, it is the art of harming an enemy or even killing and in the right situation, that is how it is to be used. Magic, while not harmful in itself, can be incredibly powerful for self development but ultimately is an art of influence of others (in someway by effecting their lives, even in the smallest degree), which is achieved in the end of any working. The best way not to influence the will of others with magic is to walk away from it entirely.

Is magic an end all? No, as it is no cure for physical work to achieve goals, but even when it fails, there is value in doing any kind of working. Failure always brings wisdom in the end, so my approach with people asking for those kind of things is to just let them do what they are going to do regardless and give information if I can. If it works for them, great as they get what they want. If not, then they hopefully learned something. But that is my two cents.

Edit: to be fair, I do agree with picking and choosing one’s battles. But if one can allow the emotional baggage go with let’s say a curse, I personally don’t see a reason why one cannot experiment with a jerk or two if they wish to. But I agree to disagree on this.

3 Likes

I agree that some things are better to just leave be, but you have to acknowledge that saying the statement “Sometimes things just don’t go your way” on a site called Become A Living God is a bit… odd? The idea is to have control in all aspects of your life. Whether it’s righteous or worthwhile is up to interpretation, but the site itself has a pretty clear stance on it IMO.

2 Likes

I can only assume your life is a+ perfect then, but my conclusion was to leave others alone until they warrant it. Control YOUR life, not mine or anyone else’s. When you impose your will on someone else through godhood, you’re no better than any of the other “major” sky daddies.

1 Like

The problem with that is what exactly warrants the “appropriate” use of magic? And how does one develope the necessary skill to create that push if they have not had practice with “less appropriate” situations? There is more to gain using magic that way than just screwing with people, such as learning how to defend yourself against those who would try something like a curse or manipulation, whether just on the magic aspect or being able to tell by observing your own behavior after performing these types of workings as to learn body language. Human beings are not as unique with our more subtle communication than we like to believe. That is assuming one succeeds, which brings me back to learning through failure. But I will agree with you that developing oneself is more important and we may just agree to disagree as far as methods of doing that go.

3 Likes

Both as Tiberius said and also… literally everything you can control in your life will ripple into other people’s? If you do magic work for a new job, someone else is losing the position. If you’re doing magic to make yourself more desirable, then someone else is being pushed beneath you. Literally everything you do is perpetually Butterfly Effect-ing.

And no, my life isn’t perfect? I have no idea where you’re getting that from. I don’t do manipulative magic (personal decision). I’m just noting a fact. You’re on a website that has BECOME A GOD in the URL and being surprised that some people take full control of everything. What did you expect?

Maybe if you’re going to complain about people being particularly influential on other’s lives you should debate that on a site that is less obvious in it’s intent. Maybe the R/Occult community would align with you more. You’re entitled to your own opinion, you just wouldn’t go into a butcher’s shop and ask for a head of lettuce and complain when they don’t have it.

1 Like

As much as I agree with the whole take control, uh using the website name is like not the best argument given some of the people attracted to said name of the site lol.

2 Likes

I mean, yeah. But it’s clear what E.A. Koetting himself thinks. I think it’s a perfectly valid argument? Going onto a site with a very clear opinion and consensus morally and then being contrarian is completely allowed, just seems kind of pointless? Why bother? Why go somewhere where you’re just gonna be annoyed? Almost everyone on this site is LHP. I’m more so RHP but I just don’t complain because I understand I’m in the minority.

EA isn’t the best individual to use either atleast to me lol. Because some come here with a deluded sense of “become a living God” and you have a point though I’m neither RHP or LHP I don’t like what either developed into. However, I do agree there is no point being somewhere you’re annoyed, but I don’t think he’s annoyed? More or so simply finding a repetition? Going on here

2 Likes

You are right about some people not really understanding what BALG entails (i.e. quick fixes for dumb shit rather than genuinely realizing the weight of magic work). Again, I really just think it’s pointless to say something like “live and let live! don’t influence other people’s will!” when very clearly the main consensus of the community on this forum is “do what you want, get what you want, give no fucks”. I don’t think anyone is gonna be swayed by OP’s opinion to be quite frank. Do some people use magic for petty reasons? Most definitely. But who says that we get to determine whether that’s acceptable or not? Who are we to tell someone that something is wrong or right? It’s just something people do. I’m equally as tired of the “how do I get my ex back?” and “you’re wrong for trying to get your ex back!” threads. People are gonna do what they do and one person arguing “hey man, just let it be!” when almost half of every other thread on this site is about influencing your life just feels tone-deaf.

1 Like

I think some people have trouble understanding what this community is really about.

“Become a Living God”.

What does that entail when it crosses your mind? Evolution, knowledge, growth, power?

Apparently not for many people. They think being a God/ess is about casting spells and doing rituals and things magically work out for you, world on a platter.

Except…Not even the God/esses have it quite that easy, much less a human. It’s about growth, evolution, transformation.

Imo, the people who read all these grimoires and commune with ancient spirits just to achieve an animal desire like a sex partner are unworthy of every bit they get from the occult community.

3 Likes

You, you get me.

I mean, there’s a pretty good chunk of folks that agree with me. So you go your way, I’ll go mine.
We’ll meet up on down the line.

Also, my initial idea was just the horrible repetition of “I stubbed my toe, how do I curse the table maker? My ex won’t talk to me, how do I get her raped?” Like, 2 out of every 5 topics I see is legitimate mental illness.
And thats a fact.

5 Likes

I get a lot of questions in P.M. frequently, and I have the decency to answer most of them. What I don’t do, however, is to do their work for them. If you want a succubus or an incubus, that’s your own responsibility, not mine. I can give some directions and specific signs to look for, but the work to get one is entirely on you. For some, it works. For others, it doesn’t work.

There is some laziness when it comes to beginners and magic, with a naive mindset that someone else can do the work for them.

The best, and the strongest results comes from doing magic on your own. If you’re interested in a specific magical branch, do research first. After research and weighting in the pro’s and con’s, make a decision and follow through. And above all: Have faith and believe in the magic you practice.

4 Likes

What you actually said was:

“Magick is not the end all solution.
Sometimes you need to accept that things don’t go your way.”

This is less of a question of “should you” and more “can you”. I’m saying you can, which initially you implied you can’t. You’re now talking about if you should. I agree, you shouldn’t. But you can. You are really having such a “me vs you” mentality when we fundamentally agree, you’re just purposefully misconstruing everything I say for no reason.

1 Like

Sometimes it is easier to tell the situation to “fuck off”, than to do a spell to micromanage the universe, which is why I prefer the original message “Do what you must shall be the whole of the Law”. Do what you must translates to not wasting your energy casting for petty shit.

5 Likes

One should be beyond such judgement or others choices? Only when they affect you, should you bother yourself with such things.

It’s because we have been where you are at.

“Full fledged mega wisdom” doesnt necessarily mean that gets put into practice. Theory and results are two different things.