Favorite tarot decks?

I wish we had more people posting in this thread, I want to see moar pretty decks that people use!

4 Likes

Here’s a 4 card spread I did for a friend yesterday with my cards. Modern Spellcaster’s Tarot by Melanie Marquis and illustrated by Scott Murphy. I’d like to get some more practice in and do some readings for the BALG community at some point. :blush:

4 Likes

:fire:Lucifer’s Tarot has been giving me a lot of life lately… The art is beautifully painted with a lot of details, and the art takes into account what the demons were actually supposed to look like, but it is painted in a respect full way if that makes sense. I was intimidated by this deck originally but it has grown on me and I have had fun learning these cards.
The funny thing with this deck is that I bought it and it actually was delivered to the wrong place entirely, and then I was fully refunded the money since I never received the package. Then, somebody knocked on my door and brought me the package! It was unopened and so I ended up getting to keep my money in the end and the deck came to me for free. Was I chosen? :thinking::sparkles:
The only con about this deck is that the little booklet with meanings was so vague so I practically had to create my own meanings for a lot of the cards. In a way this has helped me to read these cards on a more intuitive level. I have recently found out that the creator of this deck is releasing a large hard cover book filled with long extended meanings for each of the cards! Can’t wait to get my claws on that!

10 Likes

My oldest deck is the vision tarot. I do enjoy using it occasionally even if the Witches tarot is the current favorite.

6 Likes

Get into the quality decks with the proper symbolism, decks like:

The Slutist Tarot
St Jinx Gay (Male) Tarot
The Mystical Cats Tarot or
The Australian Animal Tarot

All of these decks have the requisite depth of symbolism to make them great for party readings, especially for middle-aged women who’ve let their hair down a little too much and have had a couple of drinks that they shouldn’t have. I love giving readings to those women.

‘The place where you sleep is haunted. That’s what the cards say, but you knew that already, didn’t you? Murders there long ago…covered unjustly by time. And these two cards suggest that there’s someone you know – and this is someone you either suspect or should suspect - is in fact a paedophile…so get life insurance for yourself and just in case on your kids’ lives as well. OK?

‘This card specifies that unless you give your money and body to a mystic who knows the problems you’ve faced and can massage away the fears you still hold you’ll have sweat-drenching nightmares on most nights for the rest of your life. The cards surrounding it mean that these nightmares will be as visceral as they are gut-wrenching, but that the one you need and seek is near…’

Al.

5 Likes

Really ? Is it already familiar when it’s going to be published ?

The deck comes with a small booklet with a very brief meanings for the cards and I have that. I am excited however for a more in-depth book with deeper card meanings. Is that what you meant?

1 Like

I was reffering to a more in- depth book

Been using the Thoth Tarot Deck forever. Really like and understand the symbolism. Its not as sexy as some of the newer ones but the readings have been on point.

4 Likes

true black tarot is the best looking deck i’ve ever seen
a bit pricy, but worth every penny imo

2 Likes

My favorite deck at the moment is the “mystical shaman oracle deck” by Alberto Villoldo,Colette Baron-Reid and Marcela

After spending a lot of time studying shamanism dream interpretation and jung psychology I feel this deck lends itself very well to reading empahtically

The artwork is absolutely stunning and amazing

I also have an Atlantis deck that is my more traditional tarot deck and used to be my favorite but lately I’m favoring the shaman deck

4 Likes

@Akashiel

Those cards are stunning! Thanks for sharing! I have so many decks because I love collecting them for artwork if nothing else

1 Like

Here’s mine :grinning:

1 Like

I’m a collector and have an entire bookshelf of them but there are so many great decks constantly coming out now it would cost a fortune to collect all the ones I’d like to have. I have several decks that I favor, one of them being the Trionfa Della Luna. Patrick Valenza is a mad genius.

6 Likes

My favorite deck is Crowley’s Thoth Tarot, I have the large version and it has been the map of my journey.

2 Likes

For magical purposes, I’m old fashioned; Rider Waite’s never gone wrong on me. For looks I don’t think it gets prettier than the Sola Busca.

4 Likes

Same. No matter how many decks I buy, I still go back to the reliability and accuracy my old classic RW Tarot provides. :heart:

Don’t have a top favorite, but I find myself using Ian Daniels’ “The Tarot of Vampyres” and Lo Scarabeo’s “Barbieri Tarot” a lot lately, along with Doreen Virtue’s (I dislike the woman but her cards work well with me, so…)“Angel Therapy” and “Archangel Messages” oracle cards.

4 Likes

My own (I designed it)
is called Essential Tarot and it is a graphical reduction of Rider Waite
it will be available trough Lo Scarabeo next year
here is a sample

8 Likes

I have to go with my Thoth deck. Nice 15 card layout that is pretty easy to pick up but can for sure take a long way to truly master. From my experience if you read them using all the information provided by the cards there nothing that is more accurate. Think about it you’ve got the meaning of the card itself, you’ve got two cards to the side of each that tell you how to interpret the cards meaning, followed by a Hebrew letter that adds to the definition and each card is topped off with a zodiac symbol that gives you even more interpretation to work with. Pain in the ass to read all of that but still very accurate if done correctly.

1 Like

I like the Tarot of Marseilles deck a lot. I have been practicing with that one lately and some of the images are very visceral to me.

1 Like