Favorite tarot decks?

So since tarot is becoming more prevalent on the forum, I thought I’d ask you all, what is your favorite tarot deck(s)?

10 Likes

Legacy of the Divine Tarot is my favorite. Is has amazing artwork and all the cards have astrological and elemental symbols strewn throughout the artwork, and that helps you find out deeper meaning and elemental and astrological connections. Also, The Devil is sexy as fuck.

8 Likes

I love the Londa tarot, my favorite deck

4 Likes

The Night Sun Tarot:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/night-sun-tarot/

6 Likes

The Thoth tarot deck by Lady Frida Harris and Alister Crowley. It gives me clear picture, many symbols, astrology and kabbalah, all in one. Good for meditation, invocation, magic.

10 Likes

The LowBrow tarot, it’s a major arcana deck.

4 Likes

Dark Grimoire is the tarot I always use up to this point. Its imagery is beyond the standard tarot imagery, in that its somewhat non-standard, and is usually non-symbolic in the standard western magickal tradition; the image is usually meant to be taken literally (exceptions for the court cards and some major arcana), which is really, really nice if you want direct, no bullshit answers without hazy symbolic fuckery.

A potential drawback of this, is that standard tarot meanings may not apply to a chosen card in a reading, because the image and the “normal” definition of a card could potentially clash. In such instances, the image is should be used as the base to determine the meaning, and the normal meanings of the card used as supplementation.

The deck is very visual without a bunch of symbolic cluttering. What you see on the card (usually) is exactly what the card is trying to tell you, and as long as you are familiar with the elements of the suits and what they broadly represent, its pretty straight forward.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dark-grimoire/

6 Likes

My favorite deck is the Kilted Rubber Chicken Tarot

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/kilted-rubber-chicken/

Kind of hard to get now though. Great for dairy divination. For example, asking questions such as “which came first, the chicken or the egg?”

3 Likes

That was my first deck actually. Unfortunately I didn’t have very good results with it and I eventually bought another one, but the artwork is superb really. I especially like the death card, it’s honestly the best I’ve seen in a tarot deck.

2 Likes

You can’t beat this deck. Invoking Metatron where I can feel the energy pouring out of my hand before sorting the cards, makes this deck never fail.

3 Likes

I’ve seen sexier devils, trust me :wink:

4 Likes

Bet.

2 Likes

Haha, what’s that supposed to mean? :smile:

I bet you haven’t

1 Like

I go on summer vacations to LA and Florida (to visit family lol) . Currently at the beach right now, trust me I have :slight_smile: there’s arm candy everywhere

1 Like

That reminds me of the first time I evoke Samael. He appeared to me with white wings, a pair of pauldrons, black leather pants, and a sword on his left hip. He was noticeably lacking a shirt, and he was quite sexy. I had to fend off the urge to try to initiate spirit sex with the angel of death and destruction.

3 Likes

Welp, don’t knock it till you try it. You just might like it. I notice there’s definitely a sort of sexual undertone when working with some spirits. It comes with the territory I guess

3 Likes

You might want to set some boundaries and ground rules before you do so though. Wouldn’t want a jealous angel after your next potential boyfriend. An angel of death and destruction for that matter

4 Likes

On terms of sex, part of me wants to sleep with the serpentine guy, honestly.

3 Likes

Yig? Or the one causing the grey mist?

1 Like