Energy Magick of the Vamprye

Have any of you read and used the practices in Energy Magick of the Vamprye by Don Webb? Is it a book you’d recommend?

Also if this is already a topic and I missed it when searching I apologize.

1 Like

Personally, I would not recommend it. It’s basically a role-playing manual about living the vampire lifestyle for those who like to pretend they’re fictional creatures. It’s essentially a rip-off of Anton Levey’s book The Satanic Witch, just replace the Satanic aesthetic for a vampiric one. Only the last 20% or so of the book touches on actual magick. If you already know the basics of energy work, it would be a waste of your time.

Try the Psychic Vampire Codex by Michelle Belanger.

3 Likes

There’s an interesting post about it here that mentions this authors name:

Don Webb is the name that also comes up as inventing the popular egregore XATuring. So I recommend trying the search for more based on “don webb” rather than the book title, as people don’t often spell out the whole title completely accurately.

1 Like

So the the book can be unusual if you’re expecting something like ND blackwood’s books. The book is less focused on being a feeder, although that’s part of it, but on using the mythology of the Vampire as a model for initiation.

It starts by giving you a practice to follow and once you implement that and decide you’re ready then you can start it’s nine month initiation.

Don Webb was part of, and become leader of before he retired, the temple of set. The temple of set has sub-schools within it (I don’t remember what they call them). One of those sub-schools in the Order of The Vampyre. So what he is trying to communicate is the techniques, symbol set, and philosophy of that school. He does tease that he is withholding some secrets as they are for members only. As the book is focused on initiation completing it is more a start of a journey than an ending.

When I read it I found the initial practice to be interesting, but I wasn’t too keen on the initiation. I was glad I read it though since some of the techniques he teaches I haven’t seen elsewhere. However I haven’t practiced any of it since I don’t really want to be a vampire.

If you have specific questions about the book I have a copy and I can probably find the answer for you.

1 Like

I also can’t really recommend it – I tried to listen to the audiobook for a while and gave up.

The author really enjoys writing :keyboard: too much, I think :laughing:. The result is a lot of rambling and lots of frame stories about how example-people will act in example-situations…

I’m optimistic that there are some useful techniques in there :star_struck:, but they are buried under too many words for my taste.

2 Likes

When I was reading the free pages on Kindle I remember him mentioning he was going to go into how to store the energy for later use. This was something I was super interested in because I’ll have collected excess amounts of energy and have no clue what to do with it besides release it. Does he give good methods of how to do this in his book?

1 Like

He certainly gives methods for storing energy, I won’t pretend to able to judge if they are good or not.

1 Like

I did read a lot of it last week. To be honest, I didn’t find many actual practices in it, other than basic “new age” type of motivational stuff.

So I stopped reading there.

Basically, a person should be able to explain their entire idea within 10 paragraphs or so. If you have to write an entire book, you either dont know what you are talking about, or are just filling it with filler material so you can have an excuse to sell a full book.

Hence, I look for articles and essays. Who has time for books nowadays?

2 Likes

yea, I felt the same. The author seems to like to just write, and just write filler material. And as for his section about actual practices, it was a huge disappointment. Most of it was just basic “new age” motivational “spiritual” type of stuff that you’d find in any new age book. Not really related to vampirism, at all.

1 Like