Does reading Tarot drain you of energy through a black tunnel over your head?

It is my understanding that tarot readings creates energy links that can suck you dry of your energy. Many of those readers aren’t aware they are doing it. A black tunnel of light can be created over great distances.

1 Like

Why is that? Have you experienced this yourself? Where does this black tunnel go and why,how does it get created?

I’ve been using Tarot for 30 years, and as an energy worker I haven’t noticed any kind of drain on reading, no black tunnul.

I get tired reading the Quariea Deck, which is not Tarot, but the reason for this is because it’s causing spiritual development as I use it, I’m learning a lot and have much to think about for myself as well as who I’m reading for. Doing inner work and having magick channel through you can be tiring, yes. As you get stronger that stops being a problem.

Actually this is off topic so I’ll move this to it’s own thread and it’s very interesting.

4 Likes

Well it is like his, a link is created between the two people involved in the reading. When a person is just talking to another, it is like a contract to share some of our attention and energy. If the person is toxic or ‘‘compromised’’ , it will affect the person who is given the reading. Especially if the person is in a vulnerable state and dependant on the answer he/she is waiting. if the reader has an unclean astral energy or aura, the tarot in itself creates a mantra and i.e. a tunnel where the energy can be transfered. Yes I have witnessed this at times. It is like a amulet or pendulum, if a spirit is attached to it, it can fake a result or manipulate the reader and the other party involved. The tunnel I was reffering to is a black link of energy that goes between both navels of both persons. Drains can also be super covert or silent and hard to detect. The tunnel gets stronger if the person who had the reading is putting all it’s faith in it. Some bohemian stories speaks about that and they kept saying that tarots can be used as a weapon. Of course, multiple factors exists here. I said it is in the realm of possibilities, not always the case. Sensitive people and empaths are more at risks. Also, some cards are designed having the intention of doing harm, so that is why we can’t explain if a certain deck we feel we don’t wanna use anymore. all is energy in the universe, including cards, drawings etc. even intentions during the reader.

That is ALWAYS the risk of seeking out spiritual counsel. The “counsellor” in question (no matter if its a tarot reading or energetic scanning or a channeling of spirits, ancestors, etc) is given the sovereignty of interpretation for the questions at hand. If the seeker is in a vulnerable state they are automatically more at risk to blindly trust this interpretation and to be affected from the reading or service if the counsellor is up to no good or has a shitty way to deal with the trust that is forwarded to them.

As a card reader with a deep disdain for the sometimes necessary establishing of energetical links I can assure you that “draining” is NOT a standard procedure and that every reader is best advised to delete the established links asap, if they don’t want the qualities of their readings to be affected. A medical professional is sterilizing their tools and their hands after every contact to a patient as well, they do not wish to let a patients “residue” comprimise their own health and their work.

4 Likes

I would say this is where “know thyself” comes into play in a big way. This isn’t the fault of the cards, it’s the result of the way you do the work.

You do want to be able to keep clear who is who. As an empath that’s a thing I’ve had to learn the hard way and I still mess up when in person sometimes.

You have to know where you end and what you will allow in your field, and set up your spiritual hygiene to make sure either this doesn’t affect you, or if there’s an issue you have the tools to fix it.

Qigong healing is similar, you must love the person to do the best job, as using unconditional love is how healing energy flows the best. That means every person you heal will always be loved by you on some level for the rest of your life. That can open you up to crap, and qigong practitioners know this so part of the toolset is performing the work in a way that doesn’t mix unwanted energy into your qi body. (Short explanation: don’t breathe them in).

So, I would say, if this is an issue for you, you should be able to fix it with an adjustment on how to set your energy when you do the reading. I would focus more on the energy of love than protection. Higher vibrations null out the shitty stuff and take you into understanding and harmonisation rather than resisting and taking on imbalance.

This.

We are all overlapping in our fields, all part of the collective unconscious. You can reach out to know others and trying is a good developmental exercise. But I agree, love them and then let them go their own way. You were there for a service, not for life, so it’s not rejecting them it’s respecting their autonomy too: the links can go both ways, it just depends who needs energy more. And there’s no reason for you to take on their energy to that extend. Boundaries are good too, keep the connection on topic, as it were :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  • I would focus more on the energy of love than protection

I agree 100%.

1 Like

I get tired sometimes from reading for many people, but it’s not like the energy is siphoned off of me, or into a black hole or anything like you describe, it’s like running a race and my legs are sore after kinda tired.

It’s more like I’m expending the energy. I don’t just read the tarot, I connect with the essence of the question from the individual to actually get energetic impressions and insight as well.

Sometimes there is a spirit involved because the Individual is asking about their relationship or some similar spirit related question.

I don’t actually connect myself to any of it, I access the connections of the question and the person and read how they flow together with the cards drawn and I don’t really know how to put that better into words.

Then I interpret all of that information from feelings and symbols into words, that’s the hardest part imop but it alone doesn’t make me tired. In fact it’s usually only when I’m doing readings for multiple people that I feel tired or like I expended energy.

I’d be real concerned if it seemed like something was siphoning off me while reading, and I’d take action to stop that, it doesn’t sound healthy or normal to me. I can’t recall anyone every making mention that it seemed like their energy was being sucked into a hole above them while reading.

It does make sense that something might notice you while your reading though and try to take advantage of it, so spiritual hygiene is where I would start with eliminating it.

2 Likes

If your tired maybe it is because there was some kind of ‘‘Drain’’ (or legs tired) often enough we think it’s this reason or that, but in actuality, when our energy sinks, (rather than to elevate) some kind of parasitic energy or presence was involved. Can’t say if it is your case but if it were, a simple energy revamp/cleanse is easy to do and takes 5 minutes. Often enough, awareness is key. energy is very fast to do it’s work, sometimes it happens even before any sessions started. I have lived events like that all my life. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

No, I have not had any such energy drain. I might ask if you are saying protection over the reading and enforcing boundaries?

Certain readings, such as seekers asking about contracts, can be especially problematic. As a general rule, while I will do the reading as requested, I generally warn against readings of that nature.

As Above, So Below
Diogenes

1 Like

Any kind of boundaries and protection requires practice, we must remember that every being in the universe as some level of psychic power and brain capacities that can seek also same objectives and protection or attack. Practice & Mistakes are mandatory.

1 Like

I find its more the transmutation of stored energy being converted and used during the readings by your spiritual senses. So i usually will have a sugary drink nearby for a top up lol. Also if your doing multiple readings it always good to eat afterwards. Its the same post ritual as the energy has been converted into spiritual energy to fuel the ritual working.

Very true, and I would not disagree with mistakes being part of that learning process. Yet, it is an increasing concern to me, of how very many readers do not set protections or maintain boundaries.

It is important to remember, when you fail to close a door, or protect yourself, lower energies will-not if-walk through.

Be careful out there.

Diogenes

1 Like

Yep, but for me, too many hostile people here so I leave this forum for good. Gbye all.

1 Like

I’ve heard of this concern about tarot readings potentially draining one’s energy.

Welcome @Koreglasik It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOWand tell us about yourself and any experience in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Re the Quareia deck, do you use just the suggested layouts, or others?

Did you get through the courses? I am struggling with the self discipline of it, which I know is something I need to work on. Still in the Apprentice portions. Not sure if I should give up, or press on and push through the challenge. Feeling blocked and aimless in my practice right now.

I also got the Mystagogus deck but I haven’t worked with it yet. It is quite beautiful and the energy is strong.

I use the provided layouts, mostly the Four Directions because it’s the most succinct.

It is a massive amount of content isn’t it, but it’s not very rambling, which I like. What I find is I understand the principles behind what she’s saying, and I don’t agree 100 percent, somethings she just misunderstands or maybe explains in a way I misunderstand, and I notice nuances or exceptions to the rules that go unstated, or things I would just characterise differently, but if a section is “preaching to the converted” which happens a lot in the Apprentice part at last, I will scan it but move on for expediency.

I feel like the language she’s invented for all this is a tad opaque, but there could be discussion on points people start out disagreeing with, and once the root of it is understood, find we all agree after all. If you spend time figuring out what she means by things like, say, “inner connect” and what that translates to in your own worldview (I generically call them “entities”) then the fog of the language barrier clears up a lot.

I strikes me as being a bit like scientists using proprietary terms among themselves and making the conversation unintentionally difficult to join for the layman still learning the field, it feel more accurate to them but raises the bar some scapula not shoulder blade, Camellia sinensis not tea, etc.

I mean, I get it, explaining any of this in written form isn’t easy, it’s all experiential, and we don’t have all the language for it, and language shapes what’s accessible for us to think about, so inventing new language and definitions is a good approach. By and large I think Quareia does a great job.

You can also see the clear JCI/Kabbalistic influence, the way you can hear what bands inspired the music of a song you’re listening you. This is also informative and worth bearing in mind, as this means there’s a clear current underlying this that would want to know is going to flavour your magick when you employ these ideas.

But this helps, because knowing this you can go listen to another teacher on kabbalah, like, Damien Echols youtube, and hear the same ideas explained differently, and at that can make it click and you now understand both of them. For example, a great one to compare for this is the lesson 4 on Ritual techniques vs Damien’s video on ritual. They both get into the usefulness of practice to build neural pathways and how that helps your magick without using that term (Quareia calls it “engramming”).

When in doubt, chea… er, I mean, innovate :smiley: Go around or over and come back to the blocked thing later. This means branching off, doing other practices, hearing more ideas, researching and questioning, and simply putting the question out there “universe/lucifuge/hermes/self/[insert anything or nothing], bring me this answer” and it will come synchronistically from other sources.

I would also suggest that this learning doesn’t have to and is maybe better not approached very linearly… so it’s not a case of learn this completely or you can’t go on to that. What tends to happen is you get the surface idea, get the concept and terminology, and keep going, get more ideas, and then spiral back around to get more depth, and yet more depth, over and over through the years. You don’t have to deep dive right away, and maybe you can’t, because it’s all interrelated and you need to study the other parts to be able to dig deeper on something anyway. You also give your subconscious time to mull it over, and that helps a lot.

Nice! That’s what keep me coming back to Quariea, that obvious sense of power (must as I dislike to use that term as it gets misunderstood) and I think it’s worth working through the communication style issues to listen to what she has to say. She walks the talk and there’s real and visceral energy from her decades of lived magickal experience shining through. Definitely gold there.

1 Like

Well, Ms. McCarthy strongly advises not to gloss over or skip around, and I am very much a by-the-book person if it’s a part of the pathworking I am attempting to follow. She says not to jump ahead because of the “karate kid” style training taking place. I get that and I want to do it the right way. But for some reason, I am faltering on the discipline of it.

Otherwise, I tend to freestyle and improvise in my craft quite a bit, aside from following recipes in spellwork; more from intuition than reckless anarchy.

It could be that I have underlying feelings of inadequacy as a practitioner because I have not completed a year and a day of study or any particular pathworking. It’s ingrained in our minds by the education system that we must complete a course of study and earn a degree (initiation, in this case) to be socially acceptable and to “succeed.” Not quite as much now as in the past, but it’s still a thing. Even in witchcraft and magic.

Good advice. Thank you. I’ll go with my natural learning style and see if jumping ahead a little helps. :heart:

I can see why she’d say that. But I like many others came from a background of many years of prior experience, so that was already out of the window. :smiley:

It was not a problem at all it was immensely helpful: if I had not had that experience I would probably not have understood her and would have abandoned that path.

Since you said you are blocked, what have you really got to lose by trying? :woman_shrugging:

Eh, really? I think her ordering is more arbitrary than that and it’s not reasonable to be so rigid about it. I’d call this her opinion. I’d also say it makes sense from apprentice to adept, but t so much within the apprentice block of material.

What does it matter if you read the sections in module 1 out of order? they’re all module 1 basic stuff. And you can always reread but I don’t think you’ll find that’s needed, which is the proof of what I’m saying.

So it’s a poor analogy. If she has failed to teach you then you have no option but to keep looking around. And that includes “ahead”. There’s wiggle room is what I’m saying.

1 Like

Indeed. Because her thorough treatment of the subject resounds with me, and her world views are mostly parallel to my own.

I feel newly inspired, Maulbeere!

1 Like